Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 06:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,376,338 times

Advertisements

Good morning beautiful people! Hope everyone is doing smashingly well on this gorgeous fall day (In the US, anyway).

Here are some questions in honor of October:

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday?

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween?

3. What's your favorite costume of all time?

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it?

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons?

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie?

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live?

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see?

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world?

That's it for today! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 06:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,376,338 times
1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? It's a toss up between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? Every single year.

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? I loved being a mad scientist one year. I had crazy hair and a lab coat and weird stuff in the pockets like wrenches and things like that - it was pretty funny.

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? Hot coffee.

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? I think where I live I love the deep blue of the sky with yellow or red leaves against it.

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? Peach.

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? I love the smell of a fire someplace. I just don't want to build one or keep it going. Someone else can do that!

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? I went to Boston and then up through to Maine one late September just to see those places in the fall. It was cold enough in the mornings for a fire in the fireplace!

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? I think my very favorite place is on the Main River bridge in Aschaffenburg, Germany, looking toward the castle. But it's closely rivaled by the harbor and Moore House in Yorktown, VA.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:47 AM

11,422 posts, read 9,351,902 times
1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? - Since I do not celebrate any of them my answer is N/A.

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? - No

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? - Pretty much only drink water.

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? - Not having to deal with over 95 degree heat index days. We had too many of them this past summer and is a big reason why I want to move further north. Stuck for now, unfortunately...

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? - Apple.

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? - I don't have one. My favorite scents is my cooking.

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? - Interested in doing that but can't at this time.

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? - In front of my computer. Pathetic, I know...

Thanks, Kathryn!

Old 10-26-2022, 07:22 AM

1,417 posts, read 643,143 times
Good morning beautiful people! Hope everyone is doing smashingly well on this gorgeous fall day (In the US, anyway).

Good morning

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? Halloween

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? Yes

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? The ones I put on my dogs thru the years.

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? I like espressos and lattes, I like tea before bed, hot cocoa on occasion. My once a week treat of either a Sidecar, Margarita, Chocolate Espresso Martini, or Aperol Spritz, if that counts

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? It's not hot and more comfortable for me

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? All

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? Pine, the scent of fireplaces, baking and other foods as we walk past other people's homes that screams the Holidays are near.

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? We like traveling during the off season to places that tend to be cool or rainy. Overall cheaper and no crowds at museums or restaurants. We don't mind packing for that type of weather.

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? Spain

Enjoy the day, with a trip down memory lane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqjlFGZxtE

Old 10-26-2022, 07:33 AM

126,431 posts, read 19,188,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? The Advent season leading up to Christmas Eve

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? Used to with the kids when they were smaller

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? All were unique and handmade

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? For breakfast 2 cups green tea,mid day more green tea and water and afternoon 2 cups black coffee

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? Fresh crisp air,smell of wood burning fireplaces,baking apple pies and making applesauce for the winter season,watching the colorful leaves and the crunch of colorful leaves under your feet. Listening to the sounds of the trees swaying back and forth as if they are whispering to themselves.....

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? Apple pie occasionally sprinkled with grated cheddar cheese

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? The smell of mushrooms while walking through the woods,,fallen leaves,homemade pumpkin, apple, cinnamon and nutmeg spice slow cooking on the stove

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? No our Canadian winters are nice and cold and summer gets nice and hot,just don't enjoy the humidity

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? I have a few favorite spots.Definetly any mountain area such as the Alps or the Canadian Rocky Mountains,Haida Gwaii/BC a little lake in Squamish /BC that has the most gorgeous cherry tree blossoms,then there is the willow tree near a pond with waterlilies and frogs and other little hidden nature beauty gems....

Thank you Kathryn

Old 10-26-2022, 07:56 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,641,006 times
1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? Valentine's Day. It's my birthday!

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? Nope

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? Not sure

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? Iced tea

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? Don't get as sweaty

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? Apple, but wouldn't turn down a piece of peach

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? I guess the scent of the leaves and, later in the fall, and winter, when people start using their fireplaces

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? Nope

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? Home sweet home. Like my dad used to say, it's nice to travel but it's always nice to come home and sleep in your own bed.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:08 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 27 days ago)

16,159 posts, read 21,320,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? Thanksgiving as it's a bit more low key than Christmas, it's all about food and family and being thankful, without a bunch of expectations.
Halloween has always been more about kids to me, and there are no children in the family at present. I don't get trick or treaters either.

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? Not since my kids were little.

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? I used to rock a pretty mean witch costume. As far as what other people might wear, I love to look at pictures of costumes from the 1920's and 30's. Some of them are quite creative.

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? Coffee all the time because I have to have it when I wake up, hot tea during any cold weather, and hot spiced apple cider in the fall. Hot chocolate with a peppermint stick in the winter. Mulled wine at Christmas.

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? Enjoying hearty foods and baked goods hot from the oven, cozy sweaters, watching the leaves turn vibrant colors, snuggling up with a blanket and a good book while watching an occasional snowfall

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin all day, with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? That peculiar scent in the air that smells 'crisp', maybe it's a combination of fallen leaves and rain clean? The smell of fresh picked apples at the produce barn is nice too.

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? No

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? Tough choice. Pictured Rocks Nat'l Lakeshore/ Mosquito Beach, on a boat on a particular river in west MI checking out all the
hidden coves?

Thx KA, fun questions

Last edited by DubbleT; 10-26-2022 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 08:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,861 posts, read 81,892,720 times

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? It's pretty close between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I'll go with the latter, if only to see the joy on the faces of the grandkids opening presents. I don't care much for Halloween, I let my wife answer the door.

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? I did once here at work under peer pressure, but normally not since I was about 8 years old.

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? I like the Zombie costume with a food makeup job.

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? Coffee

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? Everything is green, and I can do work outside without sweating.

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? Peach

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? The scent of burning wood coming out of the chimney.

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? No, we have the coolest temps I would need right here in the Seattle area. I have gone to Hawaii in November, for a touch of warmer and drier weather.

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park, especially in spring when the wildflowers are blooming and there is still some snow.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:29 AM

7,413 posts, read 5,524,122 times

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday? Christmas

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween? No

3. What's your favorite costume of all time? One year when I was a young adult I dressed as a clown and went bar hopping.

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it? Hot tea

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons? Wearing soft, comfy clothes. Leaf’s changing color.

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie? Apple

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live? Apple spicy smells

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see? No, but went to warmer weather to get out of the cold weather for awhile.

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world? Our weekend camping property.

That's it for today! Enjoy! Thank you!

Old 10-26-2022, 09:04 AM

7,269 posts, read 7,146,663 times

1. Is your favorite holiday Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas - or some other holiday?

Halloween, hands down.

2. Do you ever dress up for Halloween?

Every year.

Of mine? I dressed as Columbia from Rocky Horror back when I was younger and thinner!

4. Do you prefer hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa or some other drink and if so, what is it?

Hot cocoa occasionally.

5. What's your favorite thing about cooler seasons?

Opening the windows for fresh air.

6. Which do you prefer, apple, peach or pumpkin pie?

Apple, but pumpkin is just behind.

7. What's your favorite scent in the fall wherever you live?

Yeah, the detriment of living in Florida is that it's pretty much the same year round.

8. Have you ever gone some place specifically to enjoy cooler temps or a different type of season, and if so, where and when and what did you see?

not really

9. What's your favorite spot in the entire world?

the woods I grew up in in Connecticut. Sadly there are houses there now and the woods spoiled.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics