Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 02:29 PM

21,594 posts, read 8,762,243 times

Advertisements

Oh...I am tired. Kitty is vocal early today; he wants his canned food! I order at least 72 big cans of his favorites every month, delivered to my door. Plus buy varieties of Fancy Feast from our 'supermarket' 3 blocks away. I'll go there today for some good ham and swiss cheese I've been craving...how are YOU doing?
My mother's cat Smokey was very fussy and had to have four different bowls of food every day. Wet food, dry food, cooked chicken and cheese cubes. The kibble had to be fluffed up in the bowl every few hours or he wouldn't eat it. One time when I was cat-sitting, I got fed up with being a slave to his finicky tastes. I told Smokey "When I was your age I had to eat everything on my plate and if I acted like you do, I'd get a spanking. So lose the attitude, OK?" (It didn't help.)
~ ^^^ That was a question:

~ Do you drink tea or coffee and, if you do either one, would you or could you tell us what one do you enjoy the most?
Coffee is my preferred brew and Peet's Major Dickason's s my favorite blend. I also like English breakfast tea, Constant Comment and some herbal teas such as mint or ginger.
~ English foods and drinks you have liked or disliked:
I don't think I'd care much for Bovril or Marmite from what I've heard. I do like Cadbury's Yorkie Bar, Maltesers, Horlick's malted milk, Crawford's Garibaldi Biscuits and McVitie's Digestive Biscuits.
~ Are you a cheese eater? What are some of the cheeses that you enjoy? Preferably with a brief description accompanying its name:
I eat some cheese, usually as an ingredient in a dish or paired with something else rather than on its own. I like sharp Cheddar, Brie and Stilton.
~ How long has it been since you used some sort of 'blender' and do you recall what the heck you did use it for?
I haven't got a blender, but I use my mini chopper now and then.
~ Do you still listen to music? Where are you when you do listen and are there some music
that stir your emotions in one way or another?
Music is in my bloodstream. I couldn't live without it. Classical music and opera stir my emotions, but I also like classic rock, oldies, swing, big band and jazz.
~ Anywhere in the world that you think has the best foods over-all:
France (Hi, Jez)
~ Foods that will make you need your toilet nearby for the day, fer sure?
I'd rather not go there (no pun intended).

Thanks, Roosty and Kitty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 04:06 PM

6,906 posts, read 4,924,585 times
Today I bought 24 cans of Fancy Feast shrimp and fish flaked food, and 18 cans of Blue Mountain to add to his stash. My semi feral cat has revved up his eating for winter. He also gets some freeze dried and kibble. He is a stomach with four legs. It's amazing the vast amount of food he can consume. It's been so hit and miss at finding his favorite cat food that I stock up when it's available.

Rooibos tea is probably my favorite. Fish and chips comes to mind, although I like a good pasty. Not sure if the pasty is English. Gruyere cheese is lovely, but I won't turn my nose up at an extra sharp cheddar. I like to have both in a grilled cheese, and I sprinkle parmesan on the outside when I remove it from the pan. I am visualizing one in my near future.

Last time I used a blender was to blend ice cream with Rum. Makes a great milkshake, no milk necessary.

Indian food is a big favorite of mine. I even like some of the traditional music. As for music in general, mostly I listen while in my car.

Old 11-04-2022, 07:19 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,174,445 times
Oh...I am tired. Kitty is vocal early today; he wants his canned food! I order at least 72 big cans of his favorites every month, delivered to my door. Plus buy varieties of Fancy Feast from our 'supermarket' 3 blocks away. I'll go there today for some good ham and swiss cheese I've been craving...how are YOU doing? Fine but tired after a hard work-week.

~ ^^^ That was a question: Thanks for starting thread.

~ Do you drink tea or coffee and, if you do either one, would you or could you tell us what one do you enjoy the most? Iced coffee, no sugar no milk, even if it's -4°F, -20°C outside.

~ English foods and drinks you have liked or disliked: Like shandy

~ Are you a cheese eater? What are some of the cheeses that you enjoy? Preferably with a brief description accompanying its name: Cheddar, Gouda, Tilton, some exotic ones.

~ How long has it been since you used some sort of 'blender' and do you recall what the heck you did use it for? We still do, for smoothies

~ Do you still listen to music? Where are you when you do listen and are there some music
that stir your emotions in one way or another? Very ecletic, from Reggae to folk, to Israeli, to Russian, to rock.

~ Anywhere in the world that you think has the best foods over-all: New York City, just about everything

~ Foods that will make you need your toilet nearby for the day, fer sure? Ice coffee, to urinate.

**** Good health and love to you all! ****
* Notice, Kitty went back to bed after getting me up! Woof.

Old 11-04-2022, 07:37 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,016,108 times
Oh...I am tired. Kitty is vocal early today; he wants his canned food! I order at least 72 big cans of his favorites every month, delivered to my door. Plus buy varieties of Fancy Feast from our 'supermarket' 3 blocks away. I'll go there today for some good ham and swiss cheese I've been craving...how are YOU doing?
I am doing good. No kitty to wake me up early. Despite my C-D name, I am really a cat person.

~ Do you drink tea or coffee and, if you do either one, would you or could you tell us what one do you enjoy the most?
Don't drink either

Hmmm

~ Are you a cheese eater? What are some of the cheeses that you enjoy? Preferably with a brief description accompanying its name:
Is there anyone here that does not know my answer? The worst it smells, the better it tastes.

~ How long has it been since you used some sort of 'blender' and do you recall what the heck you did use it for?
Been many years. Would have been to make frozen lime daquiris

Don't listen to much music.

Italy

Never know what it will be

* Notice, Kitty went back to bed after getting me up!

Old 11-05-2022, 12:17 PM

18,760 posts, read 11,824,496 times
[quote=rainroosty;64393861]Oh...I am tired. Kitty is vocal early today; he wants his canned food! I order at least 72 big cans of his favorites every month, delivered to my door. Plus buy varieties of Fancy Feast from our 'supermarket' 3 blocks away. I'll go there today for some good ham and swiss cheese I've been craving...how are YOU doing?
Hi roosty. Ham and Swiss sounds good. Will you make me a sandwich?

I drink both, but I have tea every morning and coffee in the afternoon on occasion. I'm having one right now because I need the energy to finish cleaning the basement and help a hoarder friend later. (Today is Saturday. We got called away yesterday to help a friend stranded in the rain with a dead car.)
MMMM Fish and Chips and Shepherd's Pie.
I love port wine cheese, blue cheese and white cheddar.
Frozen Margaretta's last summer.
John still plays the old phonographs and music from the 20's. I still listen to Journey and Rush.
Right here in the Chi town.
Probably that 15 bean soup I just made for lunch.
* Notice, Kitty went back to bed after getting me up!

Thanks roosty. Our neighbors cat lived with us part time. Whenever he saw the suitcases, he would come over here. Every morning after the boys went to school, he would climb the tree to the second story and come to our bedroom window. He'd wake me up and I'd let him in. He would eat Princess Amber's food (our cat), use her litter box, harass Gomez (my old Chihuahua), and want out. It broke my heart when he died a couple of years back. We had a very special bond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics