Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 05:07 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,256,523 times

Advertisements

Have you ever gone snow sledding? No

Have you ridden on a toboggan? No

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? No, only ice skating on our pond

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? No

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? No

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? No

Regarding the above: I was raised on a farm, and snow created a lot of work for us. It was no fun because of the many chores the snow created: Shovel snow away from the horse barns so the horses can get out; Collect all the water pails, thaw them out, and replenish; Shovel snow away from the cow barns so the cows can get from their sheltered areas to the barns for milking time; Shovel paths for the ducks, chickens, and geese, and shovel a path to the pig pens. We had a half mile long lane to the main road, so, if the tractor started , another one of my jobs was scraping our lane to the road. Needless to say, I've never been a fan of snow. Luckily, we don't get as much snow here as we did years ago.

Do you like soups? Some

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Yesterday, Traditional Progresso Chicken Noodle

What is your favorite kind of soup? Locally made and bought from the Bay Area, or my homemade Cream of Crab

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Yes. Vegetable Beef, and Cream of Crab

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? No. Only homemade biscuits If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? N/A

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?Probably

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Yes, gazpacho...not a fan

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, Two and what kinds are they? Chicken Noddle

Do you have any soups in your freezer? No

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? No

Thanks, Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 05:21 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings one and all! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

After record-breaking high temps (mid-70s) just a few days ago, it was only 26 when I got up this morning and tonight we are expecting our first measurable snow of the season. I love snow, but admit that I'm glad to be retired and not having to deal with driving 29 miles in snow to get to the office. I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home.

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Many times in my childhood,then with my four children and now with the grandchildren

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yes

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? The moment I could walk I learned skiing and always loved alpine skiing or these days cross country skiing

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Definitely with my kids and grandkids

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? Yes a few times and it is real fun

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? Yes always with my kids with a little ice rink going around the snow igloo

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? The older I get the more I enjoy all kinds of creamy or clear soups

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Last night chicken soup with wild rice

What is your favorite kind of soup? Onion soup,creamy root vegetable soups and mushroom soup

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Only from scratch!

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? No crackers,but occasionally a slice of Bauernbrot/farmer bread with the soup

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Yes it happened before

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Yes and they are delicious,refreshing in summertime

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? None!

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Yes lentil,bean and chicken soup as well clear broth

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? No

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum!

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.

Thank you Pammy

Old 11-15-2022, 05:38 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Have you ever gone snow sledding? Yup

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yup

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? Nope

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Many times. lol

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? Nope

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? Nope

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Nope

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? I've never "enjoyed" a bowl of soup

What is your favorite kind of soup? My wife's favorite is homestyle chicken noodle

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Nope.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? She does

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Don't think she has

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Nope

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? There are several for her. Different kinds

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Nope

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? Nope

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum!

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.

Old 11-15-2022, 06:00 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times

Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

After record-breaking high temps (mid-70s) just a few days ago, it was only 26 when I got up this morning and tonight we are expecting our first measurable snow of the season. I love snow, but admit that I'm glad to be retired and not having to deal with driving 29 miles in snow to get to the office. I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home.

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Yes

Have you ridden on a toboggan? No

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? The moment I could walk I learned skiing and always loved alpine skiing or these days cross country skiing. Been there, done that.

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Yes

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? A step or two and I was done.

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? The latter

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Yes

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Last Thurs. Homemade butternut squash

What is your favorite kind of soup? One my granny used to make, sopa de gallina meaning an old hen was used, supposedly cure what ails you. Sopa de pollo is younger chicken. I have tried to find an old hen but the oldest I could find was 6 months. Old hen is 3+ years

Do you ever make soup from scratch? 99% of the time.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? Don't crumble, but snap those Spanish galletas into pieces.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Yes, it's very unpleasant and the tongue burn lasts a day, sometimes 2.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Yes to gazpacho, but rather have salmorejo. The first time I had it I loved the thick and creamy texture. I later found out what made it that way was bread. Have been thickening some soups using bread instead of cream: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/salmorejo

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? Have a couple of so pouches of black bean soup and lentil soup.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Yes

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? We have dry and canned beans to sometimes make soup.

THX!

Enjoy the day, everyone

Old 11-15-2022, 06:02 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,782 times
Have you ever gone snow sledding? As a kid, all the time

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yes

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? No

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Yes

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? No

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Yes

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Last week

What is your favorite kind of soup? Chicken dumpling

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Yes

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? No

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Yes

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? No

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? Maybe 10. Cream of chicken and mushroom for cooking. Tomato and chicken noodle.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? No

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? Yes

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.[/b]

Thank you!

Old 11-15-2022, 06:15 AM

899 posts, read 669,785 times
Random quote of the day: "I believe that it's better to be looked over than it is to be overlooked." ~Mae West

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever gone snow sledding?
Have you ridden on a toboggan?
How about snow skiing: been there, done that?
Have you engaged in a snowball fight?
Yes to all

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you?
Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo?
No to both

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?
Yes

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup?
Week ago
What is your favorite kind of soup?
Maybe potato leek.

Do you ever make soup from scratch?
Yes

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?
No, n/a

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?
Yes

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht?
Vichyssoise

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?
We don't buy in a can much. We did get a can of cream of mushroom but that's marked for use in green bean casserole on Thanksgiving. Also got a bucket of tortilla soup from Sam's.

Do you have any soups in your freezer?
No

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry?
Possibly

Good cold weather choice

Old 11-15-2022, 07:03 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,431,722 times

On a melting man made hill of ice at Six Flags Astroworld.

I thought they were the same.

No.

January 1989 is the only time I can recall.

No.

No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?

Yes.

A couple of weeks ago.

Tomato if canned.

A couple of weeks ago I made a good chicken and vegetable soup.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?

I like tortilla chips in mine.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?

Probably.

No.

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?

I’m not sure but I always keep tomato soup.

I don’t think so.

I think.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:06 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

After a long and warm Fall, this week is getting back to normal and much colder here too. It seems that this cold front is affecting many parts of the world.

I had sleds and we also had a horse drawn sled activities in Winter.

Not that, but I have been sledding on all kind of weird stuff.

Yes, Veil, CO. I am not really into skiing, though.

Every opportunity I had

I have traction cleats for snow and ice I can put on my shoes in case of black ice. In my age I can't risk a fall and broken hip.

When I was younger. There seem to be much more snow than nowadays.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?

I L O V E soups!!!

I have soup almost every day. Just few days ago I cooked a big pot of chicken soup. The base is used to create other soups.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/food...nner-1173.html

Thick, hearty, meaty, stew-like soups. Goulash, stew, borscht, cabbage, pho, caldo with beef, soups with sausages, with lots of beans, grains or potatoes. Soups that are one-pot meals.

All my soups are made from scratch. I might occasionally add frozen vegetable medley or can of beans, thought.

No additional starches. My soups are thick and rich enough.

Lukewarm soups are my pet peeves. I like mine scalding hot too and i would send my soup back in the restaurants to warm up. I always make sure to order my meals extra warm.
Didn't burn my mouth with a hot soup, yet, but it happened with food that was very spicy. Yeah i like spicy food too

Yes. There is a variety of summer cold soups i like.

Few that i made myself. None from the store.

My starchy, creamy, rich soups don't freeze well. I rather make them fresh. I do have some soup vegetables frozen.
Where I live now, we have dozens (!!) of delicious frozen soups in the markets, but they are blast frozen in very low temperatures. Sadly, we don't have this kind of soups in the US. I miss them very much when back in the States.

Yes. Those are my emergency food. I love some Asian mixes, soups from Frontier co-op, Alessia, Manischewitz...

Those sounds delicious, and you are a great cook!!

Thank you for those delightful questions! Enjoy your soup!

Old 11-15-2022, 07:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Thank you so much, PJ!

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Yes, if you can call it that. What I mean is that when I was a kid, my dad hooked a plastic pool to the back of the truck and took us kids "sledding" around the neighborhood. Till the police stopped him and told him it was against the law, which of course we thought was hilarious.

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yes. It was fun but not as fun as the rigged up pool thing.

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? No thank you.

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Yes, and it was great fun. Many times in fact.

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? Yes, and to be honest, I think it is overrated.

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? Yes. Super interesting!

Do you like soups? Yes, had some yesterday in fact.

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Yesterday!

What is your favorite kind of soup? Probably what I had yesterday, which was homemade potato soup with chicken. But I love many different kinds of soups from all over the world.

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Yes, just made some yesterday. See above. I also love pumpkin soup and I make it pretty often.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? Yes, sometimes and yes, always when I use them.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? I'm sure I have at some point.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Yes, but I prefer hot soups.

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? I have probably six cans and they are tomato and chicken noodle soups. They are for when I'm sick and don't feel like cooking from scratch!

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Probably.

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? Heck yes. Corn chowder!

Old 11-15-2022, 07:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Good morning.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?
Yes.
Yesterday.
I like most of them.
Often.
No. Just the soup.
Rarely.
I did but I didn't like it cold.
No cans here, I never buy that.
Yes.
No.

Thanks Pam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics