Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 09:29 PM

44,390 posts, read 20,116,836 times

Advertisements

Greetings one and all! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

After record-breaking high temps (mid-70s) just a few days ago, it was only 26 when I got up this morning and tonight we are expecting our first measurable snow of the season. I love snow, but admit that I'm glad to be retired and not having to deal with driving 29 miles in snow to get to the office. I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home.

Have you ever gone snow sledding?

Have you ridden on a toboggan?

How about snow skiing: been there, done that?

Have you engaged in a snowball fight?

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you?

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup?

What is your favorite kind of soup?

Do you ever make soup from scratch?

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht?

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?

Do you have any soups in your freezer?

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry?

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum!

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-14-2022, 10:03 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,468,905 times
After record-breaking high temps (mid-70s) just a few days ago, it was only 26 when I got up this morning and tonight we are expecting our first measurable snow of the season. I love snow, but admit that I'm glad to be retired and not having to deal with driving 29 miles in snow to get to the office. I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home.
It's a nice feeling.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Yes.
Yes.
Nope.
Naturally!
Haven't.
Never had that much snow where I lived as a kid.
Had that much snow as an adult, but was too busy being an adult to build a snow fort.

BONUS QUESTIONS
Do you like soups?
They're okay.
Couple days ago.
Turkey vegetable.
Have.
Crackers with your soup: yes or no?
Sometimes.
If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?
Sometimes.
Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?
No.
Gazpacho
How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?
Dozens. Chicken noodle, chick veg, tomato, beef stew.
No, but there's chicken broth in the fridge.
No.

Thanks, Pam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 11:05 PM

18,251 posts, read 25,918,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever gone snow sledding? yes!

Have you ridden on a toboggan? no

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? yes

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? oh yea!!

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you?yes

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo?yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?mmm good!

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup?yesterday, had a bowl of vegetable beef!

What is your favorite kind of soup?New England clam chowder

Do you ever make soup from scratch?yes

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?yes

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?a time or two, yea

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? no

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they?yes, all vegetable or clam chowder

Do you have any soups in your freezer?no

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry?yes

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum!

That's all the questions for now, friends. Have an excellent Tuesday, and don't forget to do something nice for someone before it's over.

Thanks Pammy, hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Old 11-14-2022, 11:05 PM

21,595 posts, read 8,762,243 times

No, I've never done that. There's no snow in the Bay Area, where I grew up, except for the very rare freak snowstorm that leaves just a dusting and melts almost immediately. I was 13 years old when I saw snow falling for the first time. It was magical.
Never did that, either.
Yes, I love skiing.
No, never.
No, I haven't.
No, I never did that.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?
Yes, I do.
Monday night I had lentil-vegetable soup for dinner.
Cream of tomato.
Yes, I do that occasionally.
Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup?
It depends on the crackers. I don't care for saltines, Ritz or oyster crackers, but I like Wheat Thins and Triscuits.
I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup?
Yes, that's not much fun.
Yes, I have also had Hungarian cherry soup, which is served cold.
Boxed: Tomato, vegetable broth, turkey stock
Canned: Lentil, Minestrone
No, I don't.
No, but I have some dry split peas that I've been meaning to make soup from.

Thanks, Pammy! I envy your snow because we never get any.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:59 PM

44,664 posts, read 61,759,412 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever gone snow sledding? No.

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yes when I was a kid.

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? No.

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Yes.

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? No.

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Yes all kinds.

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? A month ago, tomato bisque with grilled cheese samwich.

What is your favorite kind of soup? Any one of these, tomato bisque, split pea, bean/bacon, homemade vegetable.

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Spouse has.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? Yes. If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? Sometimes crumble them, depends on soup and what we're having with it.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Yep.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Nope.

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? 4, tomato, split pea, bean/bacon, vegetable.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? No.

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? Nope.

These questions are making me hungry! I think I'll make a pot of soup tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide which kind. Split pea with ham hocks, perhaps. Yum! What time will you be serving?

~ Life's a gift. Don't waste it. ~
Rate this post positively ms pam

Last edited by wit-nit; 11-15-2022 at 12:08 AM..

Old 11-15-2022, 12:56 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,408,238 times
Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

^ Brrrrr... I have to head to Chicago to pick up a few things on Friday--it is calling for 26 degrees

Have you ever gone snow sledding? Yes, love it!

Have you ridden on a toboggan? Yes, love it!

Have I ever gone dog sledding? YES! Loved it!

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? Twice, not my cup of tea--too scary going downhill, and let's not even talk about hopping on the ski lifts

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Yes!

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? Yes!

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? Yes to both!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? Yes!

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Last week, I made chicken noodle soup because I was quite sick. Delicious and it helped make me feel better! Week before that I made corn chowder.

What is your favorite kind of soup? I like a variety, no favorite.

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Only from scratch--no cans here.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no?

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? Unfortunately, yes

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? Yes, borscht

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? Zero

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Yes

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? Just Lipton's vegetable which I use for making a dip for raw vegetables.

Stay warm! Brrrr....

Old 11-15-2022, 01:00 AM

6,909 posts, read 4,924,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever gone snow sledding? yes

Have you ridden on a toboggan? no

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? Downhill skier, love it.

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? yes

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? I own some that I have not used yet.

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? no.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? yum!

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? Three days ago.

Do you ever make soup from scratch? Is there another way to make soup?!!

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? Depends on the kind of soup. I don't crumble, I use oyster crackers.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? That is a violation of my food rules.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? Not currently, but I have two butternut squashes that I will be making soup with soon. Then there will be soup in the freezer.

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? I have dried split peas. They will become soup.

I answered all these questions and I see the color didn't change. Grrrr!

Old 11-15-2022, 02:44 AM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes

No

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? No

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? Yes

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? No

Snow fort

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups?
Some

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? This past weekend.

What is your favorite kind of soup? Wonton or French Onion

Do you ever make soup from scratch? No

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? Crackers (yes), wonton noodles (whole), bread (yes) or matzohs (yes),

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? No

No

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? chicken noodle, chicken rice, broth about 8 cans but mostly I eat take out soup.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? No

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? No

Old 11-15-2022, 03:18 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,627,292 times

----- Sure

----- Non-motorized? no. Snowmobile, once.

----- Tried, failed once.

------ sure

------- no

---- Fort yes igloo no.

Do you like soups?
----- Only homemade

- ---- Chinese street stall, Bangkok

----- Chinese noodle, a hearty breakfast in China. Food in China is amazing, topped by breakfast noodle soup

----- No, too hard.

----- For American EZ soups, only crackers make them edible.

----- Yes. South American buses stop for quick lunches, usually soup, way too hot, still, when the bus leaves.

----- Love borshcht. Hard to findplaces in Ukraine that serve it -- it's "home food"

----- Zero.

------ Nobody knows what's in there.

----- nope

------ Yeah, pea, Mom had time to make them right.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:44 AM

11,392 posts, read 9,314,596 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

- As a kid.

Have you ridden on a toboggan? - No

How about snow skiing: been there, done that? - Nope

Have you engaged in a snowball fight? - Just playful tossing as a kid.

I've never walked in snowshoes. Have you? - No but I'm interested if I can find a wide enough width.

Did you ever build a snow fort or igloo? - Once when I was 11 years old.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like soups? - Yes

When did you last enjoy a bowl of soup? - A cup about a month ago.

What is your favorite kind of soup? - In alphabetical order: black bean, lentil, and split pea.

Do you ever make soup from scratch? - I have but not in a while.

Crackers with your soup: yes or no? If yes, do you crumble crackers into the soup? - Sometimes and never.

I like my soups scalding hot, even if I burn my mouth on it. Do you ever burn your mouth when you eat soup? - Maybe in the distant past but I don't remember.

Have you ever eaten a cold soup such as gazpacho or borscht? - Gazpacho once and I didn't like it.

How many canned soups do you presently have on your shelf, and what kinds are they? - None. I like Dr. McDougall's which comes in a cup. I have Black Bean and Split Pea.

Do you have any soups in your freezer? - No but I tried one a couple of times and it was pretty good.

Do you have any dry soup mixes in your pantry? - Nope.

- Thanks, Pam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics