Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 09:22 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,065,637 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

1. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were 15 year old?

2. What do you think was the best thing about being a kid, in general?

3. Pretend you just won $ 1 million. What's the first thing you would buy?

4. Are you going to have/eat pumpkin pie for this Thanksgiving?

5. What is your support system/community? Do you have one?

6. What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving?

7. Please share something that you enjoyed. Anything. A book, a song, a movie, a painting, a special recipe. Or something that you made, a painting, a song that you composed, or maybe a joke you heard. Can be anything.

Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 09:31 PM
bjh

60,274 posts, read 30,513,930 times
Hi everyone.
Hi farm fatale. Welcome to the hosting game.
Same as most others, dinner with family.
Sense of wonder, that yyou could believe in Santa for instance, and endless optimism about the future.
Travel.
Yes.
Family. I am often the one doing the supporting.
Good question. Outside of desserts, dressing with gravy.
7. Please share something that you enjoyed. Anything. A book, a song, a movie, a painting, a special recipe. Or something that you made, a painting, a song that you composed, or maybe a joke you heard. Can be anything.
Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy.
Was he?
And you. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Old 11-22-2022, 10:24 PM

14,875 posts, read 8,198,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Hi everyone.

At my Grandma's with my parents and extended family
The sense of freedom and wonder and discovery
A new house with no stairs and a bigger kitchen!

Family
I love the turkey and gravy, stuffing and pumpkin pie, but I love, love, love cranberry sauce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TInLOJuUM
Happy Thanksgiving to you also, and to all!

Old 11-22-2022, 11:32 PM

21,625 posts, read 8,787,204 times
At the time I was living with my father, stepmother and her three younger children in Santa Clara, California. We usually had a turkey along with spaghetti or lasagne because my stepmother was Italian-American. There was always way too much food.
Being able to eat anything I liked without thinking about calories.
I would hire a contractor and have them add a third bedroom and second bathroom.
Yes, I love pumpkin pie.
I have relatives and friends, but I wouldn't call them a support system or community.
Candied yams.
At a restaurant Tuesday night, Mr. Bay and I were seated next to another couple, and we got to chatting. It turned out that he is the grandson of the man who founded our neighborhood market in 1942, and although it's now a Mollie Stone's, he still owns the building. He had also been involved in broadcasting so we knew some people in common. It was enjoyable talking to him and his wife.

Thanks, farmfatale!

Old 11-22-2022, 11:58 PM

44,693 posts, read 61,850,766 times
1. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were 15 year old? The same as all other years, family get together, turkey, dressing, yams, cranberry sauce, pies.

2. What do you think was the best thing about being a kid, in general? No real world worries.

3. Pretend you just won $ 1 million. What's the first thing you would buy? Lambo.

4. Are you going to have/eat pumpkin pie for this Thanksgiving? Pecan pie.

5. What is your support system/community? Do you have one? Me, the caregiver.

6. What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving? Dressing, cranberry sauce.

What did the turkey sitting at his desk say to it's computer?
Spoiler
Google, google, google!

Old 11-23-2022, 12:11 AM

37,820 posts, read 41,132,981 times
Hi everyone.

The only Thanksgiving that stands out is the one when I was 16 and my cousin brought Mitch Ryder home to NJ to have dinner with all of my relatives at the home of my aunt and uncle. He was on tour and couldn't go home. My cousin was in the music business. Ryder was very nice. Since we went there almost every Thanksgiving, I assume when I was 15, I was there, too. We always had Italian food and then turkey and after dinner we played Michigan Rummy.

2. What do you think was the best thing about being a kid, in general? Going to school. I liked it.

3. Pretend you just won $ 1 million. What's the first thing you would buy? I'd give all the money to my sister.

4. Are you going to have/eat pumpkin pie for this Thanksgiving? No. Don't really care for it.

5. What is your support system/community? Do you have one? No

6. What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving? Mashed potatoes and corn shmushed together with turkey gravy.

7. Please share something that you enjoyed. Anything. A book, a song, a movie, a painting, a special recipe. Or something that you made, a painting, a song that you composed, or maybe a joke you heard. Can be anything. I heard a song this week that I really liked when it was popular but haven't heard for 50+ years: Ben E King - I Who Have Nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4r3...harlesMalowsky

Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:41 AM

6,964 posts, read 4,970,718 times
When I was 15 it was a typical traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

The best thing about being a child - no responsibilities.

I dislike pumpkin pie. My favorite dish is the potatoes with gravy. I like my turkey in the gravy too!

I really enjoyed the series Midsomer Murder. Also the Dr Who series.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:42 AM

11,410 posts, read 9,335,326 times
1. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were 15 year old? - Probably family dinner.

2. What do you think was the best thing about being a kid, in general? - I hated being a kid, couldn't wait to grow up and get out on my own.

3. Pretend you just won $ 1 million. What's the first thing you would buy? - I'd give my brother the retirement he deserves and help one friend of mine who really needs the money.

4. Are you going to have/eat pumpkin pie for this Thanksgiving? - Maybe. Leaning strongly to see live horse racing at Laurel Park tomorrow where they are giving them away free to patrons. There may be a choice. If they have apple I will get that.

5. What is your support system/community? Do you have one? - I have no support system.

6. What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving? - I haven't had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in about 10 years. This year will be no different...

7. Please share something that you enjoyed. Anything. A book, a song, a movie, a painting, a special recipe. Or something that you made, a painting, a song that you composed, or maybe a joke you heard. Can be anything. - Cashing some nice tickets playing the horses.

Thanks for filling in, Farm Fatale!

Old 11-23-2022, 03:46 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 17 days ago)

16,141 posts, read 21,276,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Hi everyone.

1. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were 15 year old? I don't really remember, but my parents has just gone through a divorce and neither had any money to speak of, my sibs and I were split between households, I'm sure it was pretty low key that year.

2. What do you think was the best thing about being a kid, in general? Living in the country with the freedom to play and explore the woods and fields to my hearts content

3. Pretend you just won $ 1 million. What's the first thing you would buy? That's not enough for my dream house, so I guess I'd buy a new car and fix up the house I have.

4. Are you going to have/eat pumpkin pie for this Thanksgiving? I'll be having mincemeat tomorrow, maybe pumpkin for christmas.

5. What is your support system/community? Do you have one? My kids

6. What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving? Tough call, either the sweet potato casserole or the cranberry orange relish

7. Please share something that you enjoyed. Anything. A book, a song, a movie, a painting, a special recipe. Or something that you made, a painting, a song that you composed, or maybe a joke you heard. Can be anything. My daughter made these for a quick lunch the other day, tasty stuff
Ingredients:
1 lb chopped cooked chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
â…“ cup cooked chopped bacon
2 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
1â…“ cups mayonnaise
9 english muffins
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine chicken, cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning in a bowl. Add mayonnaise and gently mix.
Split English muffins.
Spread chicken mixture generously over each piece of bread.
Transfer muffin pieces to a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until hot and cheese starts to bubble.
Place under broiler for a few minutes until golden brown.
https://www.plainchicken.com/crack-chicken-melts/

Thx

Old 11-23-2022, 04:55 AM

1,405 posts, read 635,366 times
Hi everyone.

Good Morning this Thanksgiving Eve.

1. How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were 15 year old? Same as always. With just 3 of us.

2. What do you think was the best thing about being a kid, in general? Being clueless at how bad and cruel real life can be sometimes

3. Pretend you just won $ 1 million. What's the first thing you would buy? Pay my bills and keep the rest for paying future bills till the million runs out.

4. Are you going to have/eat pumpkin pie for this Thanksgiving? No, we'll be having that chocolate pot from the video I posted recently. With whipped cream.

5. What is your support system/community? Do you have one? Wife and family

6. What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving? Dessert

As a kid my parents would make us go crazy in anticipation for the arrival of the 3 Kings on the Epiphany. They would play this and my brother and I would sing along with this song with a thrill. I haven't heard it in years and now that I hear it, I guess it would be called a 'bubble gum kiddie' song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XKQcCp3RbY

THX.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics