Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 08:37 AM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times

Advertisements

Greetings, everyone! I'm sorry I forgot to post the questions before I hit the sack last night. I forgot was day it was. Better late than never . . . . . scroll on down to see what I came up with for belated

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Approximately how many coffee/beverage mugs are in your home?

Do you have any coffee cups (as opposed to mugs)?

What does your favorite mug look like?

Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)?

Do you own any china teacups?

Do you have any souvenir beverage vessels from special occasions or travels?

Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images?

Have you ever knocked over a filled beverage glass and made a mess?

That's it for today's late and messy questions, kiddos! Have a terrific Tuesday!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-29-2022 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 08:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Hi, all. Goodness gracious sakes alive! I forgot to post the Monday QOTD before hitting the sack last night. Sorry about that. Check back in a little while and I'll have the questions up for you.
No problem, Pam! The holiday weekend played with our minds. BTW, it's Tuesday, someone just told me.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:35 AM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
No problem, Pam! The holiday weekend played with our minds. BTW, it's Tuesday, someone just told me.
Omigosh, too funny!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:42 AM

126,287 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, everyone! I'm sorry I forgot to post the questions before I hit the sack last night. I forgot was day it was. Better late than never . . . . . scroll on down to see what I came up with for belated

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Approximately how many coffee/beverage mugs are in your home? A set of 24 and odd ones

Do you have any coffee cups (as opposed to mugs)? I have special coffee and tea cups with plates as well

What does your favorite mug look like? Have no favorite one

Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)? I have special large cups with plate for soup

Do you own any china teacups? Yes I do

Do you have any souvenir beverage vessels from special occasions or travels? No

Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images? Yes

Have you ever knocked over a filled beverage glass and made a mess? Yes and I am still being reminded of it every holiday season

That's it for today's late and messy questions, kiddos! Have a terrific Tuesday!

Thank you Pammy

Old 11-29-2022, 09:42 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS [/b]

[b]Approximately how many coffee/beverage mugs are in your home? 20

Do you have any coffee cups (as opposed to mugs)? Just the fine china ones in the cabinet, never been used in 45 years.

What does your favorite mug look like? Green blotchy finish, done by my daughter at age 12 in one of those DIY ceramic places.

Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)? I have used it for breakfast cereal.

Do you own any china teacups? Yes, see #2 above

Do you have any souvenir beverage vessels from special occasions or travels? No

Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images? We have 4 Christmas Mugs somewhere in a box, used for hot buttered rum years ago.

Have you ever knocked over a filled beverage glass and made a mess? Yes, a few times, mostly water, luckily.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:46 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Approximately how many coffee/beverage mugs are in your home? 20-25

Do you have any coffee cups (as opposed to mugs)? Yes.

What does your favorite mug look like? It's on my drivers license.

Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)? No, just for ID.

Do you own any china teacups? Yes, made in America.

Do you have any souvenir beverage vessels from special occasions or travels? Yes a few.

Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images? Yes.

Have you ever knocked over a filled beverage glass and made a mess? Many times.

Oops gotta run quick, have an appointment, blood test.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:52 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Hi, Pam! No worries and thank you for the questions!

Approximately how many coffee/beverage mugs are in your home? Oh gosh, I don't know - thirty? More than I need.

Do you have any coffee cups (as opposed to mugs)? Yes. Included with my grandmother's china. I love them.

What does your favorite mug look like? My late husband's John Wayne mug that I'm drinking coffee out of right now!

Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)? Yes, I've been known to do so.

Do you own any china teacups? Yes, see above.

Do you have any souvenir beverage vessels from special occasions or travels? Yes, I have several. One from Maine and one from the Historic Triangle area of Virginia. I probably have some more - hey, I do! I have one from the Queen's Jubilee when I was in London! Oh, I also have my daddy's mug that he used to drink out of when he was a little boy. So it's probably 85 years old or so.

Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images? See above.

Have you ever knocked over a filled beverage glass and made a mess? Ummmm, yes. But my cat made the biggest mess, when he knocked over an entire glass of red wine and it went all over me, all over my laptop, all over my chair, and all over the floor. It was sort of amazing how much of a mess one glass could make. The bad thing is, I hadn't even had a sip of it yet! So I went into this whole thing unlubricated! One time, though, I did spill an entire glass of sweet tea behind a chair in my living room (don't ask how that happened, because I honestly don't know) and I had to move the chair, a table, etc. and it was a huge mess. And to be honest, I still don't think I got it all up. Quite sticky.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 11-29-2022 at 10:59 AM..

Old 11-29-2022, 09:53 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=PJSaturn;64519297]Greetings, everyone! I'm sorry I forgot to post the questions before I hit the sack last night. I forgot was day it was. Better late than never . . . . . scroll on down to see what I came up with for belated

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

At least 25.
Yes.
It's from the Winchester house in San Jose with a picture of the house on it. I bought it when I first met Bay at the haunted house at the Winchester House. Of course we would meet there for the first time. It was so fun.
Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)?
Yes. I have a big one that's perfect for soup.
I do. I have some beautiful antique ones.
One from Sea World with my name on it given to me from a friend.
Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images?
I had one given to me from the shorties with an ornament on it but the ornament is gone.
Sure.

Thanks Pam you too. Back to washing wood work again. The whole upstairs is done. I hope to get one more room done before our friend comes for lunch and home made turkey soup soon.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:54 AM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

More than 10, less than 30.

Green and white with our high schools main building on it.

Soup for me.

Yep, their part of the mugs in the 1st Q.

Yes

Thanx Pamm you dun good.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:55 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,273,043 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS s/sm...lovecoffee.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/to..._kaffekopp.gif

Approximately how many coffee/beverage mugs are in your home? I think +/- 30 mugs. My husband was a coffee drinker (not me, as much) and I've given lots of parties needing mugs for coffee, tea, cocoa, and the larger mugs were for my famous cream of crab holiday soup, topped with homemade chunky croutons.

Do you have any coffee cups (as opposed to mugs)? I have a few china coffee/tea cups given to us for wedding presents, 62 years ago. They're beautiful, but never got much use.

What does your favorite mug look like? It's a free one, given to me by my bank.

Do you ever use a mug for something other than a beverage (e.g., soup, chili, stew)? See Above

Do you own any china teacups? Yes, see above

Do you have any souvenir beverage vessels from special occasions or travels? Yes, a couple mugs from Nashville and Memphis, and 2 souvenir political mugs.

Have you any special beverage vessels decorated with holiday or other themed images? Yes, some are Santa Claus mugs.

Have you ever knocked over a filled beverage glass and made a mess? Yes! A couple of months ago, I knocked a filled glass of water off an end table, on to the hardwood floors. I'm glad it wasn't the smoothie sitting next to the water.

Thanks, Pam! Great Job! Is tomorrow Thanksgiving?????

Last edited by rdlr; 11-29-2022 at 10:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics