Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 06:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times

Advertisements

Good morning, beauties! Hope you slept well - I did.

Anyway, on to the questions, which center around winter (I rhymed!):

1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you?

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer?

3. What do you love about winter?

4. What do you dislike about winter?

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them?

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live?

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards?

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors?

9. How much TV do you watch per day?

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why?

That's all I've got for today! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 06:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you? I think it was -4 degrees and ironically, it was right here in NE Texas.

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer? I prefer scents from nature rather than sweet scents like cookies baking or whatever. I love mossy, green scents.

3. What do you love about winter? I love the Advent season. I love Mardi Gras. I love scarves and boots! So basically I love winter!

4. What do you dislike about winter? I don't like long dark days and nights. I don't care for much snow, but thankfully we don't get much accumulation of snow here generally.

5. If you have or have had pets during winter, what do you do with them? If it's cold and wet, I let my old dog hang out inside during the day. My dogs always sleep inside. My cats want to go outside so I let them occasionally but not often, any time of the year.

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 Celsius) where you live? At night it can get below freezing in January and February but it's generally above freezing after February. During the day, it is usually not below freezing, though it can occasionally get below freezing during January and February. It can also be shorts weather during February so...who knows?

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? I have several trees but most of my leaves in my yard blow here from other yards.

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? I love CS Lewis, Norah Lofts, John Ehle, and Kristen Hannah the most probably. I have a lot of authors I love though.

9. How much TV do you watch per day? I generally watch one episode of something or other in the evening. Sometimes I will watch two episodes.

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? My very favorite state is Virginia, because it has everything I love in it. It has history, oceans, mountains, four seasons (short winters but more snow than Texas), it's a southern state, it has delicious foods, etc. I hope to move there some day. I lived there as a child and I've visited the state repeatedly over the years. My very favorite area is the Yorktown area.

Old 12-07-2022, 06:49 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you? - IDK the temperature but it was NYC in February, 1977.

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer? - The smell of roasted mushrooms and garlic in my oven.

3. What do you love about winter? - No 95 degree+ heat index days.

4. What do you dislike about winter? - Shoveling snow but as mentioned we haven't had a good snow here in almost 8 years. Still I'd rather put up with that than the extreme heat.

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them? - N/A

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live? - IDK

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? - N/A

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? - IDK

9. How much TV do you watch per day? - 1-2 hours.

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? - Vermont. I'd love to move there. Cool / hip, and liberal is my style.

Thanks, Kathryn!

Gotta run...

Old 12-07-2022, 07:07 AM

126,267 posts, read 19,036,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you? In Canada and it was around -35 C...something like that

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer? Fresh lemon scent and at holiday season cinnamon,orange,apple,clove,allspice and pine boiled in water

3. What do you love about winter? Snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and skiing and ice skating on an outdoor pond/rink

4. What do you dislike about winter? Ice on roads or sidewalks

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them? I used to take them all the time for walks.They loved the snow

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live? We had already cold nights with ice on the roads and puddles were frozen.Usually in January/February and parts of March it is real cold

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? From my trees

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? I enjoy reading books from German authors,Canadian authors and more ( sorry I have to keep my eyes on the cookies in the oven...)

9. How much TV do you watch per day? An hour in the evening,unless it is a movie or soccer/FuĂźball

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? I like British Columbia with the mountains,perfect place for hiking and skiing

Thank you Kathryn

Old 12-07-2022, 07:34 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times

About -25C, in Poland

Scent of a clean house.

Cold and snow.

Love winter!

No pets but i would keep them warm and content.

Several days now.

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards?

I have a big yard in Texas, with many pecan trees. Neighbors have trees too. So, it depends on wind

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors?

I read mostly stuff related to continued education or stuff of general interest.

A couple of hours, maybe.

My hometown in Poland, where i live now

Thanks, KA

Old 12-07-2022, 07:58 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
Anyway, on to the questions, which center around winter (I rhymed!): You're a poet and you didn't know it!

1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you? 9F, at our home, in winter a couple of years ago.

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer? Right now is my favorite, the Meyer Lemon is loaded with aromatic blooms. I do also love the smell of cookies baking.

3. What do you love about winter? It's not hot, the snow on the trees is beautiful, I can use the fireplaces, less yard work.

4. What do you dislike about winter? The high gas/electric bills, slipper roads at times, shorter days, can't drive my 1974 Nova much.

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them? Nothing different, the dogs still go out in the cold or snow to do their "business."

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live? Normally for a few days or a week at a time intermittently from November-April. The last two weeks however, it's been 24/7 until last night, when it remained at 37F.

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? Both, but mostly ours.

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? Patrick McManus, John Steinbeck, Jules Verne.

9. How much TV do you watch per day? Average is probably 3 hours, after dinner, but more like 6-8 on weekends when there is football on, or the World Cup.

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? Wyoming, I have great memories of time spent there years ago on vacation exploring there, and on several trips to Yellowstone. Would I ever want to live there? No, thanks.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:00 AM

18,211 posts, read 25,846,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
GoToo much!od morning, beauties! Hope you slept well - I did.

1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you?Twenty below zero. I just got off work from graveyard shift working at the Ft. St. Vrain Plant north of Denver. The cooling towers were at full tilt--took me a long time to get the car door open, much less to scrape off the windshield.

3. What do you love about winter? Um, not a lot, worked out in the elements for nearly three decades.

4. What do you dislike about winter? heh heh.

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them? no pets

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live? right now about 4-5 hours.

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? yes

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? David Halverstam and David Maraniss.

9. How much TV do you watch per day? I admit-too much

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? New Mexico-have run across friendlier people. You have national parks and monuments in every corner of the state.

Cool ??'s! Thanks Kathryn!

Old 12-07-2022, 08:25 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times

1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you? I was below zero but I don’t remember how much below.

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer? Balsam and fir, lemon, anything except rose, lavender and eucalyptus.

3. What do you love about winter? Nothing

4. What do you dislike about winter? Cold, ice, shorter days.

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them? I had cats so they were always in the house.

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live? 4-5 months

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? Both

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? Jodi Picoult, Liz Nugent, Lisa Jewell, Linda Castillo.

9. How much TV do you watch per day? A few hours

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? Florida, nice weather, lots to do.

Thank you and stay warm!

Old 12-07-2022, 08:49 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
1. What's the coldest temperature you've ever experienced and where were you? -15, right here in Kentucky

2. What sort of indoor scents do you prefer? Anything but eucalyptus

3. What do you love about winter? The snow

4. What do you dislike about winter? The snow. lol

5. If you have or have had pets during cold weather, what do you do with them? Ours are indoor dogs. But I did have an outdoor dog in a pen, I filled his house with stray and cedar mulch (cedar to keep the fleas away) and had a tarp over it. Felt inside once and it was nice and toasty!

6. How long is it below 32 degrees (or 0 celsius) where you live? Just a few days off and on

7. Are the leaves that fall in your yard from trees in your yard or trees in other peoples' yards? Both

8. I read a lot in the long dark evenings of winter. Who are your favorite authors? Sorry to say I haven't read a book in a while

9. How much TV do you watch per day? Too much

10. What's your favorite state or city or territory or whatever, and why? Kentucky because there's no place like home!

Old 12-07-2022, 10:27 AM

24,451 posts, read 25,987,852 times

Minus 0? in OH.

The fresh air kind.

The gas and electric bill.

Mostly inside, out for awhile to go potty.

Not often, if and when it does happen it's usually 1 or 2 days.

Leaves and palm fronds are from somewhere else.

I read alot too, but it's mostly articles that intrest me.

Hard to say, the TV is on maybe for 8 hrs and it's background noise while I'm reading.

Parts of AZ and UT, cuz I like the SW.

Thanx Kathrine for some chilly Q's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics