Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 06:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much, bjh!

Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar? I've seen someone else do it. I don't think I've ever done it.

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably? I can't think of anything funny. Oh wait, I can think of something! One time fairly recently, I was driving down the road and saw a woman yelling and screaming at everyone and passing people on the shoulder, etc. and a few minutes later, I saw her pulled over by the police. That was pretty interesting.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? Yes. Never again. Flappity flappity!

Have you run over any debris in the roadway or do you remember steering around anything? One time I ran over something and not only flattened a tire, I tore up the entire wheel. I remember it costing me $700 to repair. Plus I hadn't planned on being out all day - since I was just going to the gym. I had on no makeup and I had on some sort of cover up thing over a bathing suit, and flip flops. I had to be out all day, and I had to drive all over the place to get that tire fixed. I even ended up going to a restaurant for lunch and just sitting there by myself looking ugly waiting for a phone call about my car.

Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip? Not a day trip but I have gone out of my way for some food I was craving.

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? I rarely eat fast food but there's one meal I always, always eat, on the road in my car, when I'm on a road trip and that's from Sonic. I order a diet Cherry LimeAde, a small order of tater tots, and a BLT.

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy? Teriyaki beef jerky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 07:18 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar?
I left the little door open once.

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably?

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? No

Have you run over any debris in the roadway or do you remember steering around anything? If you go out early enough there are usually animal carcasses still in the road from at night. The town just hasn't picked them up yet. I ran into low flying birds once and drove straight to my then husbands shop and asked him to get them out of the grill. I was too upset to look. There are always branches to drive around.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip?
When trip planning, I always do research on food joints near my hotel before I go, including looking at their menus online. I wouldn't go more than one town away for food because I usually get take-out and want it to still be hot when I get home or back to my hotel.

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? I have 2 un-favorites. Burger King is one because they downsized everything even before inflation and Panera Bread is another unfavorite because 1) they're too slow at the drive through, 2) because they don't tell you how much it will cost when you order so you can have the exact amount when you pay and 3) because for a place with "Bread" in their title, they're always out of certain kinds of bagels or muffins as early as 8:30 in the morning. It's ridiculous.

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy? I usually have what I eat and drink when traveling to a destination that is 7 or 8 hours away, already in my car on the passenger seat. The items have to be things I can grab without looking and I've already opened before I left home like a bottle of water (cap already opened) or peanut butter crackers in a pre-opened plastic wrap or twizzlers. I pull into a rest area to eat a sandwich I brought from home. I don't go into the convenience store at a gas station when I travel anymore.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:33 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,782 times
Let's get out and about with . . .
[/b]
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar? No

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably? People driving like idiots.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? No

Have you run over any debris inthe roadway or do you remember steering around anything? Steer around Road kill a lot.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip? Yes

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? Yes

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy? Candy. Slice of pizza. A soft drink.

Have a good one.
Thank you!

Old 12-15-2022, 08:08 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar? .......Not yet

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably? ......... Shouldn't mention here.....

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? .........No

Have you run over any debris in the roadway or do you remember steering around anything? ........Sure

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip? .........No

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? ......No

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy? .........Water at times

Have a good one.

Thank you bjh

Old 12-15-2022, 09:20 AM

6,850 posts, read 4,847,655 times
In Oregon we have people to pump our gas for us. :-)

I have never had a plastic bag get caught under the car. I have avoided things in the road but in my state they do a good job at keeping the roads clean.

I've easily put 100 miles on the car to get to a good restaurant. Will be doing about 40 miles tonight to try a place.

I don't go to convenience stores.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:35 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar? I have seen a few people do it, and tried to chase them to stop. I never did it myself.

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably? In our state the governor passed a law preventing the police from chasing except for some extreme serious crimes. I was going 72 along with everyone else on the freeway (speed limit 60) when we passed a state patrol car in the center median. Unlike before, no one slowed down. Suddenly a motorcycle went by in the car pool lane going what had to be 90 mph. It was odd to see the cop just sit there and watch it go by.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? No, but my son did, and he had to pay a mechanic to remove the universal joint that it got wrapped up in.

Have you run over any debris in the roadway or do you remember steering around anything? Many times, most not a problem, but I have knocked off a Pidgeon, a opossum and a few squirrels.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip? Very often, many of our day trips are simply to try a new restaurant in another city.

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? Only one, that would a local burger place with no seating, called "Dick's Drive-in."

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy? Jerky, Chips, maybe a candy bar, and if 7-Eleven, I love their 1/4 lb. hot dogs.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:14 AM

24,448 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar?
Iv'e left the gas door open.

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably?
I live on a street with a center divider, periodically we see a nonchalant wrong way driver. And then there are the kids from the HS that will moon us.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it?

Have you run over any debris inthe roadway or do you remember steering around anything?
Yep, the big tire lizards are nasty.One put a world of hurt on a fender years ago.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip?
Oh ya, it usually starts out where do you want to go for dinner? After the back and forth suggestions we end up at the Fremont 300 miles away in Las Vegas.

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)?
We have favorite take out or delivered meal restaurants, none are drive ins.

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy?
Maybe a cold drink.

Have a good one.
Thanx bjh. you have a good one too.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:24 AM

3,107 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Good morning.

Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar? No.

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably? I see at least one or two each time I leave the house these days. Sad, not funny.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? No.

Have you run over any debris in the roadway or do you remember steering around anything? Many times.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip? Yes I did. For home made apple pie and fresh apple cider here - Oak Glenn; French bread and eclairs (when I loved in Europe near the border with France), German bread and bier here at a German store; Swiss chocolate etc. etc. Now I'm hungry...

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? One Indian for take out meals.

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy? I have nuts and water in the car, all the time but...if I have to stop and buy something, I would buy bananas, different nuts and a cold smoothie or cold water. And a small bag of Ricola (lemon!).

Thanks. Have a great day.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:32 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever driven away from the gas pump and forgotten to put the gas cap on or left the gas cap door open or seen anyone else do similar? O yes.. all sorts of strange stuff, Hoses hanging from the fill pipe, gas caps rolling around on the trunk lid. People totally oblivious

What funny or not so smooth moves have you seen on the roadways recently or memorably? Dropping a pallet of concrete blocks on the road was my worst, Rush hour on a Friday, chain broke, and a big stack of blocks went plop in the road, not my fault I told the officer, the loader used used chains out of the used chain barrel.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it? Plastic bags and critters with white stripes

Have you run over any debris inthe roadway or do you remember steering around anything? When you're driving a large vehicle, you can't severe, you just try missing whatever without causing a major pile up

Foodie Question(s):
Have you traveled somewhere for food, even if just a bit out of the way or maybe even a day trip? Especially DONUTS and sticky buns

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)? Years ago, 60's Joe's with the gals on the Skates, Burger - Fries - Large Choclate Shake $2.75

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drink. Potatoe wedges and spicey mustard with a large gulp..

Now you made me hun-gery Time for a road trip, Hot Roast Beef Sandwich smothered in gravy & Fries and a Coke

Thanks BJH

Old 12-15-2022, 12:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 2,960,983 times
Today's Question(s):
I have seen it.

Let's just say I stay off the highways as much as possible.

Have you had a plastic bag get caught under a vehicle while you were driving it?
Yes. Crappy litterers!

Have you run over any debris in the roadway or do you remember steering around anything?
Yes, fallen tree limbs after a storm.

Foodie Question(s):
Have. Ate out in North Dallas last night.

Do you have any favorite restaurants for getting take out meals or meals eaten in the car (drive-ins count)?
Pizza and Chinese.

If you stopped in a convenience store while traveling, what snacks or drinks might you buy?
Chips or nuts and water.

Thank you, bjh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics