Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 08:47 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,723 times

Advertisements

"IT'S ABOUT TIME"

1) Do you have an ancestor or relative who lived to be 100?
Not that I'm aware and I'm so glad that's not in my genes.

2) At what age did you feel you'd achieved "maturity"?
Twenty-two and again at forty-three.

3) "If I could be younger again, knowing what I know now, I'd go back to age fifty-one."
And why that age? I'd buy a different house in a different town.

4) Were there turning points in your life at certain ages? Yes, many!

5) What would you put into a time capsule that'll be opened in 2222?
My strand of pearls - pearls truly are timeless.

Thanks NW4me! Wishing everybody a safe and groovy day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2023, 10:13 AM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
"IT'S ABOUT TIME"

1) Do you have an ancestor or relative who lived to be 100? No, but my aunt got close. She died in Nov 2021, just shy of her 97th birthday. She was very healthy and fit until the last year of her life.

2) At what age did you feel you'd achieved "maturity"? I'm still waiting!

3) "If I could be younger again, knowing what I know now, I'd go back to age 65."
And why that age? That was 3 years ago, and I'd choose that because it's the year I retired. The last couple of years that I worked, my heart wasn't really in it. I kept working for the health insurance and could hardly wait to reach age 65 and qualify for Medicare. I also needed to work a few more years after 62 so I could get a bigger social security benefit.

Edited to add: I just realized that I misunderstood the question, so I'll give a second answer. Although all of the mistakes I made over the years contributed to the person I am today, I would go back to age 32. Knowing what I know now, I would not have gotten involved with and engaged to a particular man. I had the good sense to call off the wedding and dump the guy, but I sure wish I hadn't gone through all that I did during that time. However, if not for that disastrous year, which included the loss of a good job, I wouldn't have gone on to have a completely different career which I really enjoyed, bought my own house and had (still have) a good life.

4) Were there turning points in your life at certain ages? I've really enjoyed my 50s and 60s. I've gotten better a choosing what I want in life and not feeling guilty when I'm a bit selfish. No particular turning points that I can think of, except when I met my significant other via online dating in July of 2011. We're still going strong more than 11.5 years later.
(besides the obvious ones like graduation, marriage, etc.)
[Perhaps moments that only you knew were significant.]
What is an example? Purchasing my house in 1990 was a good move (ha - no pun intended!)

5) What would you put into a time capsule that'll be opened in 2222? A newspaper; a cell phone; a DVD; a gold coin.

Thanks for the fun questions, NW4me!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-25-2023 at 10:29 AM..

Old 01-25-2023, 10:51 AM

24,462 posts, read 25,995,249 times
"IT'S ABOUT TIME"

No

3) "If I could be younger again, knowing what I know now, I'd go back to age __."
And why that age?
20's. I would definetly do some things differently.

4) Were there turning points in your life at certain ages?
What is an example?

20 1st child born
23 new home
25 job promotion
27 2nd new home
37 new job same co.
54 lost job, division sold
56 New job
64 retired

My back uo hard drive, computer and tablet.

Thanx NW4me.

Old 01-25-2023, 11:28 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
[quote=NW4me;64782065]"IT'S ABOUT TIME"

Nope. Most didn't make it out of their 60's.
Um, I'll get back to you on that one. I'm still very much in touch with my inner child.
3) "If I could be younger again, knowing what I know now, I'd go back to age __."
And why that age?
I look at it this way. We are imperfect. Going back to change things only means you just make another set of mistakes.
4) Were there turning points in your life at certain ages? Age 20 finally away from the abusive alcohol fueled war zone that was home. Age 32 back in college for a new career. Age 46, self made. Age 58 retired. Age 66 watching my world shrink as my friends start dying off.
What is an example?
Life is just twist and turns. You just deal with it as it comes.
Pictures of clean water and pristine land. Pictures of animals that are now extinct. Pleas to do better.

Well the nuclear stress test went well yesterday. I still know a good EKG when I see one and mine was pretty text book with my heart rate at 170. I saw no arrhythmia's and a steady strong wave form. I'll be anxious to see what the cardiologist says about my valves from the pictures. I'm going out to shovel snow and help our friend take another load out of his shop hoard. There's still so much. He has to have it all out by April 1st. We've been at this since late September.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:34 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Hello

1.) Do you have an ancestor or relative who lived to be 100? Yes

2.) At what age did you feel you'd achieved "maturity"? How does one define mature?

And why that age? Once around the block is fine--not going back.

4) Were there turning points in your life at certain ages? Yes

5) What would you put into a time capsule that'll be opened in 2222? Newspaper, cellphone, Postage Stamps, keys, Menu to a local restaurant, coins and currency, local road map

Old 01-25-2023, 02:51 PM

5,577 posts, read 6,504,647 times
"IT'S ABOUT TIME"

1) Do you have an ancestor or relative who lived to be 100? Yes. I have a 6 generation picture. To put in perspective, my GRANDFATHER'S Grandmother was still alive, and he was a GREAT-GRANDFATHER (to my first cousin's son). He was born a month after me.

2) At what age did you feel you'd achieved "maturity"? I have always been mature for my age. I never "acted the fool" that so many teens and young 20 somethings do.

3) "If I could be younger again, knowing what I know now, I'd go back to age _24_."
And why that age? I just liked that age. I was still young, but not too young. I was still under the "peak", ie going downhill toward age 30 (yikes).

(besides the obvious ones like graduation, marriage, etc.) N/A
What is an example?

5) What would you put into a time capsule that'll be opened in 2222? Not interested in doing this.

Old 01-25-2023, 08:57 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,598,707 times
----- No, Mom 98

----- 18, but I was wrong. Change your DID to DO, it was a 60-year process of lurches and starts and fallbacks.

And why that age?
-----I wouldn't. I followed the path that led to where I am, and I'm OK with that. I've survived a lot of thin ice, not sur I want to try again.

What is an example?
----- Getting away with risks.

----- Old play-back machines. Mlllions of medical records have already been lost, because there is no way to retrieve the format. Even now, a time capsule from 1822 would yield few surprises. If a 50-yesr capsule from 1972 was opened, we already know froom written archives what's in there, it was in local newspapers. Anybody got a micifilm reader?

Old 01-27-2023, 06:31 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
IT'S ABOUT TIME"

***My great grandmother

***Still working on it

And why that age?
***I will keep my present age

What is an example?

***A stinky cheese wrapper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics