Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 02:08 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,121,615 times

Advertisements

Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be?

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like?

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard?
Do you like it?

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso:

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal?

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at?

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business?

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink?

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be?

***** Everyone stay well as can be and don't go bursting anyone's balloons! ***** Thanks! *****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 02:19 AM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times

They surely aren't hiding anymore.

Thin crust. Everything on it.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard?

I am on the phone now and using built-in keyboard.

Do you like it?

The spell checker sometimes drives me nuts.. I have to pay attention, because it twists my words.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso:

Lots of things are unjustified expensive and I think it's corporate price gouging.

I have some shredded cheese at home.

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at?

Lakes in Poland. We have thousands of them. I also was in a rowing team in the school.

When the place is very crowded or when they require to wear mask. I have no problem with that.

2% organic or raw milk.

I make pizza at home and it's mostly tuna or salmon. I also cook spaghetti, meatballs, risotto, lasagna, etc. They aren't original Italian, but close enough.

***** Everyone stay well as can be and don't go bursting anyone's balloons! ***** Thanks! *****

Thank you, roosty. Enjoy your kitty and have relaxing weekend!!

Last edited by elnina; 02-17-2023 at 02:39 AM..

Old 02-17-2023, 03:03 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? - I wish I could discuss...

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? - I haven't bought one in a long time. I limit my pizza to a buying slice or two 2-3 times a month.

Newman's Mushroom Trio is good.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? Do you like it? - I have a desktop so yes, physical keyboard. I bought a new one about 6 months ago.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: - Price jumps just about everywhere. First thing I thought of for this is dental prices.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? - Don't.

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at? - A couple of lakes that used to rent long ago.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? - I went to a dentist office yesterday and I was handed a mask. Didn't make much sense to me because I only wore it during my short wait to be seen. Even when going over a game plan with a front desk employee I asked it he wanted me to put it on and he said I didn't have to.

I carry one in my pocket just in case. Unless asked that is where it stays.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? - N/A.

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? - Chicken parmesan but I'm not going to make it. It's a once in a while treat for me at this one Italian carryout that I like. It has tables so I always eat there. The dinner comes with a mediocre salad (definitely not one I would make but it's okay) and garlic bread.

Old 02-17-2023, 03:35 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? I do, I also believe that we have become more aware of incidents since the proliferation of cell phone videos which makes it seem even worse. But I definitely see a rise in the amount of rude, belligerent, and sometimes violent crazy behavior I am personally witness to in my daily routines.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? I recently tried Screamin Sicilian brand and it's not bad, but my favorite is Kroger's private selection, specifically the marmalade and the cuban pizzas, although all of them are tasty IMO.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? I have an old full size keyboard for my desktop.
Do you like it? I do but some of the keys are beginning to stick, hoping it won't be too hard to find a replacement that has the larger keys, I don't like the tiny keys I've seen on some keyboards.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Last week when I shopped I noticed that 32 oz. Miracle Whip and various brands of real mayo were $9.99, up from around $5-$6 just a few month ago!

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Shredded mozzarella, and there's a jar of Kraft grated parmesan that my daughter bought that I'll use very occasionally too.

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at? I have, though mostly on rivers and streams. I don't recall names, but they were places we went camping for the most part. The city park a few miles from me has paddle boats in the summer, does that count too?

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? No, but I am reconsidering since we have quite recently had a pretty large uptick in the number of employees calling off because of covid resurging in this area.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? I don't like the taste of plain milk, so I only buy the pints to cook with, or might buy a vanilla almond milk from time to time. A few days ago I had my first glass of chocolate milk in several years!

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Bruschetta to start, a split plate of eggplant parm and chicken picatta, small green salad with a vinaigrette dressing. For dessert or I'd like to try a lemon ricotta cake, which I probably couldn't find within a hundred miles of here.

***** Everyone stay well as can be and don't go bursting anyone's balloons! ***** Thanks! ***** I am afraid of balloons that pop, so no worries!
Thx

Old 02-17-2023, 05:11 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times
Good morning to all!

Well, IMHO society no longer encourages consequences or feelings of humility for ones actions, so there's less effort to suppress this kind of behavior. Plus social media encourages people to share these behaviors rather than correcting them, so...

It's nice to throw a pizza in the oven on some weekends for a quick lunch. We keep several Red Baron brand pizzas on hand for such occasions.

Physical keyboard.

Do you like it?
It does its job, so sure.

Eggs and houses.

Just did that last evening. Parmesan and shredded mozzarella.

My dad's john boat when I was a kid. Then scout camp, etc. Then we did a lot of canoeing with our friends on camping weekends. This was all on the Jersey shore and the Pine Barrens.

Only at the Dr office. I don't mind it there since you're in a room full of people with various medical issues.

Lactose free 2% for the wife. Straight up, regular, whole milk for me.

I never say no to ordering a quality Chicken Parm dinner.

Thanks for the Q's... Everyone have a great day!

Old 02-17-2023, 05:31 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,597,475 times
----- No, they just have internet now, and get reinforcing encouragement

----- never had one

Do you like it?
----- Standard keyboard. Learned to touch-type on a manual, can't do anything else.

------ I dom't buy anythinng.

---- Yes. Why does Parmesan cost less after they grate it and put it in a wasteful bulky container
'

----- Yes but I couldn't row straight. On a lake in a park in Romania.

------ I don't do the shopping

----- Full-fat cow milk in a jug. For ten years, I got fresh milk from a dairy, still warm from the cow.

----- Baked lasagna if I order. I make thick spaghetti with sardine red sauce.

***** Everyone

Old 02-17-2023, 06:25 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,039,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be?.............................

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? Homemade vegetarian pizza frozen from the Almrausch freezer

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? Just laptop key task
Do you like it? Yes

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Everything

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Always

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Yes Where at? lakes in Europe and Canada

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? Yes in crowded places,doctor/dental/optometrist places require it and otherwise as needed

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? 2 or 3 % homogenized milk in individual bags, but they are sold together in a larger bag containing a total of 4 liter of milk

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Calzone served with an Italian garden salad and a glass of Chianti

Thank you roosty

Old 02-17-2023, 06:37 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,006 times
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? Yes!

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? DiGiorno

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Yes. Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? On screen
Do you like it? Yes

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: pretty much everything

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Yes

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at? Yes, my fishing boat on a lake at our weekend camping place.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? No

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? Whole milk

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Spaghetti with marinara sauce with garlic bread.

Thank you!

Old 02-17-2023, 06:46 AM

7,245 posts, read 7,071,499 times

Well the term 'whacko' isn't great, but yes. Lack of health care and especially mental health care, is a good reason.

If I indulge I get a digiorno. But it's been months.

Do you like it?

on screen and yes.

Pork.

I always keep a wedge of parmesan in the fridge.

Usually streams. Lots of water in Florida.

Only if required or if I feel unwell (which I haven't in months).

Whole by the gallon.

Make. Just had spaghetti and meatballs last night.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:03 AM

5,576 posts, read 6,503,361 times
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? Yes. There are so many more people which makes for more wackos. "Back in the day" many were housed out of the public in mental hospitals, which kept the GP safer. My former spouse used to say "There's more nuts running around than there are locked up". I was young then and remember it to this day. It was true then, it is true now.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? DiGiorno. Only DiGiorno.

Do you like it? Yes. I am using a laptop. Friend has touchscreen on her laptop, I don't care for it.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Fast Food simple small burgers. Used to be on the dollar menu, now for a burger and senior/free drink, over $2.00. But, when I am out doing all my errands in one day to avoid going our the rest of the week, I bite the bullet and enjoy my hamburger.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Always have cheese in the house. It is one of my staples

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at? I was on a paddle boat once, where you ride in it with someone else and peddle like a bicycle. I enjoyed it. Would like to do it again but some things never change.......

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? No. I do respect others' decision to wear one, tho. Like anything else, if it means something to the person, then it is important to them.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? 1%.

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Sun dried tomato/mushroom ravioli in a cream sauce. Hard to find, I have discovered.

***** Everyone stay well as can be and don't go bursting anyone's balloons! ***** Thanks! ***** Hahahah, I "get" what you did here. Have a nice weekend. Spring is around the corner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics