Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 08:12 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Well, I might end up in jail. Who would have thought posting crappy questions with an expired crappy question permit would be that big of a problem.

Sunday's Questions:

Ever used a pillow that was filled with feathers?

When was the last time you flipped or turned the mattress on your bed?

Ever slept on a waterbed?

When staying in a hotel room do you ever unpack your suitcase and put your clothes in the dresser?

When staying at a hotel have you used the laundry room there to wash a load of clothes?

OK, here is one of the few music questions I will ever ask...
What song is the "Group W Bench" mentioned?

Well, I better get these crappy questions posted before the crappy question inspector returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2023, 08:31 PM

5,902 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Greetings. Well, I might end up in jail. Who would have thought posting crappy questions with an expired crappy question permit would be that big of a problem.

Sunday's Questions:

Yes. It was ok, a little too soft for me. Not to mention the little feathers poke out quite often and you have to be careful not to get stabbed. jk they're nice on a sofa for just lounging around.

I made my son help me flip it a couple of months ago. You'd think I was asking him to paint the house.

Haha yeah. What a stupid idea but it was the cool thing to have in the 70's and 80's. I didn't like it at all.

When staying in a hotel room do you ever unpack your suitcase and put your clothes in the dresser?
Never, ew.

When staying at a hotel have you used the laundry room there to wash a load of clothes?
I'm sure I have just don't remember exactly where. Probably the beach.

No clue, guess I'll have to cheat and look it up. Ok, that's a really long song and I do not remember most of the lyrics, but I never can. It's sort of like folksy rap. I won't spoil it since I'm the first one posting.

Well, I better get these crappy questions posted before the crappy question inspector returns.
LOL thanks Mutt

Last edited by Northsouth; 05-20-2023 at 08:50 PM..

Old 05-20-2023, 08:37 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Sunday's Questions:

Ever used a pillow that was filled with feathers? Yup. Hated it

When was the last time you flipped or turned the mattress on your bed? It's been too long

Ever slept on a waterbed? For about 15 years. Had a free flow, no baffles. Loved it

When staying in a hotel room do you ever unpack your suitcase and put your clothes in the dresser? Nope

When staying at a hotel have you used the laundry room there to wash a load of clothes? Nope

What song is the "Group W Bench" mentioned? You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant. (Excepting Alice)

Old 05-20-2023, 08:49 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Down pillows for me? Those down alternative ones suck.

I flip my mattress every six months. I rotate my tires regularly, too!

I have slept on a waterbed. I've never owned one, tho. Comfortable enough, but not my thing.

I have unpacked before, but only for stays of a week or more. I don't think I have ever needed to use the hotel laundry.

Old 05-20-2023, 09:15 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times

..... yes, you can still buy them, buck apiece, at farm auctions in Kansas.

..... Probly never

..... yup, hated it.

..... no.

..... no. just in the sink

..... you lost me

Old 05-20-2023, 09:25 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Sunday's Questions:

Ever used a pillow that was filled with feathers? Yes. I've had feathered pillows my whole life, since I was a little kid. I much prefer them to pillows with synthetic filling. Hate hotel pillows and pillows at other people's homes when I'm a guess.

When was the last time you flipped or turned the mattress on your bed? Last time I turned my mattress was a few months ago. I do it about 3x/year. My mattress is not supposed to be flipped; only turned.

Ever slept on a waterbed? Yes, once. I hated it. I was a guest at someone's house and she had a waterbed in the guest room. After a couple of hours, I got out of bed and slept on the floor, which was much more comfortable.

When staying in a hotel room do you ever unpack your suitcase and put your clothes in the dresser? Unless I'm just there for one night, I unpack everything and put it in drawers and hang up some stuff in the closet.

What song is the "Group W Bench" mentioned? I've never heard of this.

Well, I better get these crappy questions posted before the crappy question inspector returns. No crap here; just good questions! Thanks, Mutt!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-20-2023, 09:36 PM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Sunday's Questions:

Ever used a pillow that was filled with feathers? - Long, long ago...

When was the last time you flipped or turned the mattress on your bed? - Not necessary with the bed I have.

Ever slept on a waterbed? - Yes, in the 70s and 80s. I won it in a radio contest.

When staying in a hotel room do you ever unpack your suitcase and put your clothes in the dresser? - I probably have but trips to a hotel / motel for me is very rare these days.

When staying at a hotel have you used the laundry room there to wash a load of clothes? - Never

- IDK

Thanks, again!

Old 05-20-2023, 10:28 PM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
slow day at the crappy question inspector's office
Sunday's Questions:

yes. way too soft.

don't need to with the current mattress

yes. or tried

no. I'm only there for 1 night.

never

no idea. Is that written on the cell wall?

thanks, Mutt. You could offer him a cheap beer if there's any left. Might help your cause.

Old 05-20-2023, 11:36 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Sunday's Questions:

Ever used a pillow that was filled with feathers? It's been at least 50 years since having one. I do remember being stuck all the time with those feathers sticking through the cover and the allergy sneezing.

When was the last time you flipped or turned the mattress on your bed? Turned 3 weeks ago. Can't flip it.

Ever slept on a waterbed? One time, never again, very uncomfortable.

When staying in a hotel room do you ever unpack your suitcase and put your clothes in the dresser? Yes when staying more than 2 days.

When staying at a hotel have you used the laundry room there to wash a load of clothes? No.

What song is the "Group W Bench" mentioned? Alice’s Restaurant.

Old 05-21-2023, 12:00 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, I have used down pillows.
It gets flipped twice a year and turned twice a year (at the change of seasons).
Yes. I didn't like it. Too sloshy; not enough support.
Yes, unless it's just an overnight stay I put my clothing in drawers and hang some items in the closet.
Yes, I've done that.
Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics