Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 12:11 PM

21,580 posts, read 8,753,580 times

Advertisements

~ What's new with you lately?
Not too much. We're homebodies.
~ Is it quiet around your neighborhood? I ask because it is delightfully quiet here. We were living on a very high traffic, loud
intersection.
Yes, I live in a quiet residential neighborhood far from downtown.
~ Do you ever go to a 'dollar store?
Yes, there's one next door to the auto dealer where I go for service. Sometimes I browse there while I'm waiting for my car to be ready.
~ Have you any rugs?
We have a couple of old throw rugs downstairs in the garage.
~ What is the last music you heard?
"La Valse" by Ravel
~ have you got any nice neighbors?
Yes, they're nice, and we get along well.

Thanks, Roosty! I am so happy for you, Mrs. R. and Kitty Buttercup. Your new home sounds ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 03:10 PM

5,606 posts, read 6,533,485 times
.....SO! We are in our new home now. It is big. Bright, cheery! Electric is free. New washer and dryer delivered yesterday and another washer and dryer coming on July 1st. I bought all new bedroom set and sofa and recliner. Plus we have a fully shaded carport.It's very, very cool in the south Florida hot weather! Kitty Buttercup likes it here. One of his favorite places to catnap is in a kitchen cabinet. High speed Internet is connected, with a Amazon Fire stick, so our bill is half of what we had before. All good stuff! I am so happy for you!

~ What's new with you lately? Got a new roof, and it looks nice. Keeping busy and enjoying life at this point in my life.

~ Is it quiet around your neighborhood? I ask because it is delightfully quiet here. We were living on a very high traffic, loud
intersection. Yes it is. 55+ community on a cul-de-sac. Couple houses are empty, and others have folks still working, volunteering or going to hobbies, so people aren't home much.

~ Do you ever go to a 'dollar store? Yes. There was a time you couldn't get me to that "junk store". LOL, now I look forward to going for .50 cent Hallmark cards, birthday/celebration/holiday decor, holiday specific decor, smaller size food items, household goods (name brand), lots of stuff I use anyway. I don't buy off-brand or cheap items to use or eat. It is always fun to browse in the dollar store (mine are Dollar Tree and Dollar General).

~ Have you any rugs? No. They have to be shook, washed and are a tripping hazard. At this point in my life, the less to clean and worry about, the better.

~ What is the last music you heard? Today. The Selah station on CBN radio. It is soothing, calm instrumental songs.

~ have you got any nice neighbors? Yes. Many. My 55+ Active Adult Community has 22 neighborhoods. My neighborhood is full of great people. I have met, at social functions, many nice people from other neighborhoods as well.

**** I'm shuffling off now. I am way exhausted. So is my wife! May go to Dollar General this morning. My wife and friend bought a kitchen trash bin and forgot the lid at the store! Have a fun Friday, folks! **** But it is a happy exhaustion, I hope. The loss of stress and the happiness of your new place is wonderful. Enjoy, and rest up this weekend. You deserve it.

Old 06-02-2023, 03:10 PM

1,385 posts, read 622,989 times
.....SO! We are in our new home now. It is big. Bright, cheery! Electric is free. New washer and dryer delivered yesterday and another washer and dryer coming on July 1st. I bought all new bedroom set and sofa and recliner. Plus we have a fully shaded carport.It's very, very cool in the south Florida hot weather! Kitty Buttercup likes it here. One of his favorite places to catnap is in a kitchen cabinet. High speed Internet is connected, with an Amazon Fire stick, so our bill is half of what we had before. All good stuff!

***Very nice. May you and yours be happy and safe in your new home

***Traveling

~ Is it quiet around your neighborhood? I ask because it is delightfully quiet here. We were living on a very high traffic, loud intersection.

*** It’s pretty quiet

~ Have you any rugs?

*** 3 area rugs

***Tune that wakes me up from my I-Phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFmH7moCL2c

**** I'm shuffling off now. I am way exhausted. So is my wife! May go to Dollar General this morning. My wife and friend bought a kitchen trash bin and forgot the lid at the store! Have a fun Friday, folks! *

Thanks for QOTD, Mr roosty.

Good weekend everyone.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:44 PM

6,895 posts, read 4,911,914 times
I can't see any neighbors from my house, which is great. The neighbors with adjoining property are great.

I do have a few rugs. I sometimes go to the dollar store. Some things are over a dollar now. They should do a name change. The dollar and a quarter store.

The last music I heard was playing in my car. Don't remember the tune.

I have been very busy the last few days mowing pastures, trimming trees so the tractor can drive under them, and chainsawing up the tree limbs. It always takes longer than I think it will. I wish I were younger!

Old 06-02-2023, 07:52 PM

61,914 posts, read 87,450,383 times
....SO! We are in our new home now. It is big. Bright, cheery! Electric is free. New washer and dryer delivered yesterday and another washer and dryer coming on July 1st. I bought all new bedroom set and sofa and recliner. Plus we have a fully shaded carport.It's very, very cool in the south Florida hot weather! Kitty Buttercup likes it here. One of his favorite places to catnap is in a kitchen cabinet. High speed Internet is connected, with a Amazon Fire stick, so our bill is half of what we had before. All good stuff!

So happy that you got situated and loving it!!! A bit curious, though - why do you need TWO sets of washer and dryer?

Not much other than I moved overseas for the Summer and Fall (maybe little longer) to escape Texas Summer heat and enjoy other goodies too

intersection.

It's very quiet here where I live now. Just nature sounds.
Back in Texas, l also live in a very quiet area, neighbors are barely visible due to big lots. No traffic on my street. No city noises either.

I have been there few times to buy gift wraps and party stuff.

~ Have you any rugs?

Yes. Rugs on wooden floor.

Classic rock on different, international radio stations. I use Radio Garden for my radio needs.

No neighbors. Just my house on the beach and the sounds of sea and sea birds. Occasionally, but barely audible, short blasts made by passing by ships.

**** I'm shuffling off now. I am way exhausted. So is my wife! May go to Dollar General this morning. My wife and friend bought a kitchen trash bin and forgot the lid at the store! Have a fun Friday, folks! ****

Thank you for posting! Enjoy your new home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics