Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 11:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 2,959,937 times

Advertisements

Saturday's Questions:
Anyone planning on going camping this summer?
For the hundreth time no damn camping.
Where is a good place to people watch?
Grocery stores.
Ever go grocery shopping late at night?
Let's see. Do I want to risk being assaulted?
Do you ever eat anywhere that has outdoor seating?
Again, no.
When going somewhere (store, an appointment,
or whatever) what is the farthest away you are willing to park your car?
What? Why? Let me get out my yardstick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 02:56 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
Greetings. Not much going on. I am not good for much, so things are working out okay.

***Not true, everyone is good for something, like who’s going to end up eating that stinky cheese and drink all that cheap beer?

Saturday's Questions:

***Airports, parks, museums, outdoor seating cafes.

***Daytime, far. I don’t mind the walk and get my natural vit D. If a supermarket I don’t mind pushing the cart to the furthest point.

***Night time the closest point available.

Well, that's all for now.

***THX for QOTD, mr mutt.

***Good Saturday everyone.

Old 06-03-2023, 04:14 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Anyone planning on going camping this summer? Not me. I outgrew that stuff when i was a kid. A 5 Star Hotel suits me better.

Where is a good place to people watch? The boardwalk, along the Atlantic Ocean

Ever go grocery shopping late at night? Not anymore

Do you ever eat anywhere that has outdoor seating? Yes. I frequent a seafood restaurant along the Delaware Bay. It's enjoyable watching the fishing boats unload their catches of the day on the dock near my table. I can pick out my fish, they clean it, then the cook prepares it the way I like.

or whatever) what is the farthest away you are willing to park your car? Store? Across the street is enough. Appointment? a few steps. In my work, I do plenty of walking/climbing/crawling every day. That's enough for me.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 06-03-2023, 04:27 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Saturday's Questions:

Anyone planning on going camping this summer? - Never been so no.

Where is a good place to people watch? - Gay pride parades / festivals.

Ever go grocery shopping late at night? - Not in a very long time...

Do you ever eat anywhere that has outdoor seating? - Last week while on vacation in south Florida I ate outside twice, probably would have been more if the weather cooperated as unfortunately there was a lot of rain. Apparently it's a thing with my brother and his girlfriend.

Otherwise, no. Trying to think if it ever happened before!

When going somewhere (store, an appointment, or whatever) what is the farthest away you are willing to park your car? - Anywhere that's reasonable. I am not one who parks in the closest parking space to where I am going.

This reminds me of the last time I parked very far away, it was for an event.

In the summer of 2013 I went to Saratoga horse race track for the first and only time. I parked in a lot labeled premium parking or something like that. It was a 20 minute walk!

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 06-03-2023, 06:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Good morning, Alaskan Mutt, and THANK YOU!

Anyone planning on going camping this summer? No, and I never plan on going camping. Give me a nice hotel room instead.

Where is a good place to people watch? The mall. The fair. Canton Trade Days. All good reminders that there are a whole lotta people out there who are absolutely nothing like me.

Ever go grocery shopping late at night? I have a few times over the years but it's not a regular occurrence.

Do you ever eat anywhere that has outdoor seating? Often!

or whatever) what is the farthest away you are willing to park your car? I will park it pretty far away in the late fall or winter or spring. I don't mind walking. Except for when it's super hot - I mind it then. But you know what- I still don't really mind the walking so if necessary I'd park pretty far away. By "pretty far away" I mean maybe across a large parking lot.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:44 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Greetings. Not much going on. I am not good for much, so things are working out okay.

Saturday's Questions:

NO I'm scared of bears and bobcats. Ants, biting stinging bugs, having to put bug spray on my skin,, restless/sleepless nights, no shower..........no thanks.

Parks, I love to go to the dog parks. Mostly to see the dogs though. People....eh.

Yes, long ago. I can't drive at night now.

Yes but it's either too hot or too cold to sit outside. The temps are just right in Spring so there's that but it's starting to get hot now. Not a good time to sit on metal furniture.

Hopefully not far, I still have a little trouble walking very far because of the knee replacements. But hey, I can walk.

Well, that's all for now.[

Thanks Mutt, mighty fine questions

Old 06-03-2023, 06:59 AM

14,766 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Saturday's Questions:

No! Not my idea of a good time.
Give me a nice hotel room any day of the week though!

The Park
Yes, but been awhile. Usually shop in the mornings.
Yes, but been awhile.
I don't mind walking, it's good for you plus you avoid your car getting dings.
But maybe park closer in July and August because of the heat.

Thanks Mr. Mutt!

Old 06-03-2023, 07:22 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times
]Greetings. Not much going on. I am not good for much, so things are working out okay.

Saturday's Questions:

Anyone planning on going camping this summer? We have a camping (more like glamping) place we go to almost every weekend.

Where is a good place to people watch? Airports

Ever go grocery shopping late at night? No

Do you ever eat anywhere that has outdoor seating? Yes

or whatever) what is the farthest away you are willing to park your car? I don’t care as long as I get a spot.

Thank you!

Old 06-03-2023, 08:10 AM

6,850 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Camping? Why? Please spare me!

Last weekend a friend and I were sitting in chairs at the Saturday Market watching people. It's not something I generally do. We saw a guy with a see through backpack. It was kind of like a square cube. Inside was a cat.

It's been a long time now, but I have been grocery shopping late at night and the wee hours in the morning. People stocking shelves and cleaning floors are in the way. Shopping seven in the morning or seven at night is really good around here for missing the crowds.

I mich prefer indoor seating. A window seat is best.

It would depend on how important the appointment or event is. I might be willing to walk a mile to an art fair, but only a quarter mile to something unimportant to me.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:31 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;65367024]Greetings. Not much going on. I am not good for much, so things are working out okay.
Are you okay Mutt?
Saturday's Questions:

NOOOOO..No. Nope.
The beach.
I prefer to go late at night.
All the time. We have an Irish Pub/restaurant with a beautiful out door court yard.
Whatever it takes. I like to walk.

Thanks Mutt. I hope you're okay.

The calm before the storm. Shorty sleep over tonight and another one coming for awhile tonight. The two of them will be with me all day tomorrow. I guess the tiling will have to wait a couple more days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics