Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 09:42 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times

Advertisements

1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? What do you think of her, and the show's concept?

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box? Remember what song?

3. Favorite Jello flavor?

4. Did you ever visit anyone in Jail?

5. Biggest city you can think of starting with J?

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spellled their full name with a capital J?

7. Has anything Jinxed you through your life?

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors? How about a Jaguar?

9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation?

10. Tell us a quick Joke.

Just about all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2023, 11:09 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? No. What do you think of her, and the show's concept? Can't stand her.

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box? Yes. Remember what song? "Rock around the clock" with Bill Halley and the Comets.

3. Favorite Jello flavor? Orange.

4. Did you ever visit anyone in Jail? Nope.

5. Biggest city you can think of starting with J? Jerome.

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spellled their full name with a capital J? 1 or more.

7. Has anything Jinxed you through your life? Not that I recall.

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors? How about a Jaguar? Jeep yes, Jag no.

9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation? Yep, being happy to retire.

10. Tell us a quick Joke. My neighbor is.

Just about all.

Old 06-04-2023, 11:39 PM

21,532 posts, read 8,716,437 times
1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? What do you think of her, and the show's concept?
I've watched it in the past. It's entertaining if you like a loud, shrill woman telling you that you're a liar and/or you're too stupid to live.
Oh, yes. When I lived in New York City I used to play "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" at every opportunity because I was homesick.
Raspberry
No, I've never done that.
Johannesburg
6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spelled their full name with a capital J? 15
(John Adams, James Madison, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson, Andrew Johnson, James Monroe, James Buchanan, James K. Polk, John Tyler, James Garfield, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Joe Biden.)
I don't know if you could call it a jinx, but my upbringing was, shall we say, unfortunate. That has had a negative impact on my life.
Jaguar, yes. Jeep, I don't think so.
9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation?
Yes, retirement is a happy event.
Oh, dear. I'm terrible at telling jokes. OK, here goes:
Have you heard about the new restaurant called Karma? There's no menu. You get what you deserve.

Thanks, arr430!

Old 06-05-2023, 12:24 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,001,396 times
***Would rather watch paint dry

***Maybe 45 years ago.

***Lemon and lime mixed

***Only when playing Monopoly

***Juneau, Alaska. Second largest city in the U.S. in land size.

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spellled their full name with a capital J?
***At least one

***Maybe

***No to both

10. Tell us a quick Joke
***Any joke I know will get me in trouble with the Mods.

Just about all.

Old 06-05-2023, 01:40 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
Good Morning.

***Yes, when the show first started. It was an interesting concept which I soon grew bored of.

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box?

Remember what song?

***Chocolate pudding.

***Johannesburg

***13?

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors?

***not a Jeep, but a Range Rover and a Toyota.

How about a Jaguar?

***The old one, circa 60/70’s that reminds me of a roach, low on the ground and ran fast.

***In Spain there is. Great health care, affordable meds, excellent discounts in transportation, cultural events , museums etc. plus old people can walk around at midnight in complete safety. Elders are respected and cared for by their families.

***OY! Not before my coffee

Just about all.

***THX for todays QOTD

***Happy grump day folks

Old 06-05-2023, 05:32 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? ............No
What do you think of her, and the show's concept?

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box?..........Never did
Remember what song?

3. Favorite Jello flavor?..............Tried long ago wild raspberry

4. Did you ever visit anyone in Jail?..............No

5. Biggest city you can think of starting with J?............... Jaipur

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spelled their full name with a capital J?...........

7. Has anything Jinxed you through your life?.................No

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors? How about a Jaguar?.............. Yes

9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation? ......... Yes for sure

10. Tell us a quick Joke..............

Just about all.

Thank you arr

Old 06-05-2023, 06:00 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? What do you think of her, and the show's concept? - Concept, okay. I liked Joseph Wapner way back when I think it all started - The People's Court.

Judge Judy, I'll save the automatic sensor as it fits: *****

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box? Remember what song? - Yes but not in decades. 60s and 70s Top 40.

3. Favorite Jello flavor? - Haven't had in decades.

4. Did you ever visit anyone in Jail? - One time decades ago. He's now an ex-friend but not because of that. He said he was setup and that may have been true...

5. Biggest city you can think of starting with J? - Juneau, Alaska.

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spellled their full name with a capital J? - Sorry, I just woke back up and I'm now in a rush...

7. Has anything Jinxed you through your life? - Not jinxed but a dysfunctional, physically and mentally abusive childhood hindered my life.

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors? How about a Jaguar? - Never even rode in either.

9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation? - No "jubilation" in going through the aging process. I personally hate it...
I'm still working out of necessity and I am able to do it. I guess I shouldn't complain...

10. Tell us a quick Joke. - Paraphrasing my all time favorite Rodney Dangerfield:
"A woman told me to come on over there's nobody home. I went over and there was nobody home!"

Thanks, Arr430.

Old 06-05-2023, 06:02 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
only bits and pieces on youtube. strange premise for a tv show.

sure. I remember the big floor models then, progress, the smaller ones at your booth. Don't remember any specific songs

cherry

nope

Johnson City, NY

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spelled their full name with a capital J?
some but not all

nope

no and no

initially I think. Then it just becomes a way of life and you don't think about it.

Q: why did the chicken cross the road?
A: to prove to the woodchuck it could be done.

Just about all.
thanks, arr.

Old 06-05-2023, 06:12 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? What do you think of her, and the show's concept? Watched it once a long time ago. Didn't care for it, Never watched it again. Had a friend in California who was on one of the ones with a male judge with her roommates vs another roommate, over a rent squabble, who told us how it works.

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box? Remember what song? They were in practically every diner and bar in NY back in the day. Too many to answer a "what song" question.

3. Favorite Jello flavor? Lime.

4. Did you ever visit anyone in Jail? Never knew anyone in jail but I did go to a lineup at the DC jail after a bank robbery early in the 1970s. It was nothing like what you see on TV.

5. Biggest city you can think of starting with J? I'll go with Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm guessing it's some city in Asia.

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spellled their full name with a capital J? Don't understand what you mean by full name. Either first or last or middle or both first and last?

7. Has anything Jinxed you through your life? Yes. QOTD questions like "Did you ever..." ones that are bad where you answer "never" or "no" and it happens like 2 weeks later.

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors? How about a Jaguar? I wouldn't know I was riding in a Jaguar unless the owner talked about it, so I'll say "no." Wished I had one of those old army-type Jeeps when I was much younger.

9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation? I guess there can be if it's not forced retirement because of a health issue, some company downsizing, getting told you can retire or be fired.

10. Tell us a quick Joke. Never remember jokes. Even the funny ones. Nothing to do with jokes in general. Just a bad listener.

Old 06-05-2023, 06:19 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,782 times
1. Did you ever watch Judge Judy? No. What do you think of her, and the show's concept?

2. Did you ever play music on a coin-operated Juke Box? Yes. Remember what song? No but it would have probably been a 60’s song.

3. Favorite Jello flavor? Cherry

4. Did you ever visit anyone in Jail? No

5. Biggest city you can think of starting with J? Juneau Alaska

6. Guess (or count) how many presidents spellled their full name with a capital J? No idea

7. Has anything Jinxed you through your life? My bad choices

8. Ever drive/ride in a Jeep, old style, no top or doors? Yes. How about a Jaguar? No

9. The Spanish word for "retired" is "jubilado". In your mind, is there a link between the ideas of retirement and jubilation? Yes, I suppose some people being retired are jubilant (happy).

10. Tell us a quick Joke. Can’t think of any right now.

Just about all.
Thank you! Happy Monday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics