Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 08:49 AM

6,944 posts, read 4,953,194 times

Advertisements

I had dinner on a china plate last night. I have tall crystal water glasses and highball glasses. Fine crystal wine glasses that don't get used because I don't drink wine. Regular glass martini glasses that do get used. :-) Assorted cordial glasses that are seldom used. I've gotten rid of a lot of mugs and cups, but should get rid of more as they just take up space in the cupboards. Little asian cups for tea.

I don't have any plastic tumblers, and don't know the last time I drank from styrofoam. I don't drink coffee. When I was a teenager I collected glasses with cartoon characters on them from Taco Bell. I think you had to buy a beverage to get them. Currently the only logo item is my late husband's Starbuck mug. I think there may still be an insulated beverage container around. It's not something I would use, not being a coffee drinker. Nasty stuff, coffee.

I have broken a few glasses over the years when rinsing them, but never cut myself on them. I use knives for that!

I don't know how to play beer pong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 09:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,238,718 times
Good morning, PJ, and thank you!

Do you own any China dishes? Yes, I own my grandmother's and a few other pieces.

If you own China, when did you last eat off a China plate at home? About two years ago.

What sorts of beverage glasses do you have? Mostly disposable water bottles. I have an assortment though of plastic stuff I use on a daily basis, but I also have some crystal I use with the above china. I also have an assortment of glass and crystal wine and other alcoholic beverage glasses.

Did you ever get a collectible glass with a beverage purchase at a fast-food restaurant? Not a glass one. I think I have gotten plastic ones from convenience stores or fast food restaurants though.

Approximately how many coffee mugs do you have? Lordy - too many. About 20 probably.

Did you ever cut your hand on a glass that broke when you were washing it? Thankfully no - only on knives! LOL

When did you last drink a beverage from a Styrofoam cup? A few days ago, while helping a friend move some items.

Did you know that "Styrofoam" is a proper noun? I didn't until I typed it above and it was marked by the spell checker. Never knew it but now I do!

Do you own any plastic tumblers? Yes.

Do you own any beverage glasses or containers that have sports logos on them? Doubtful but maybe somewhere.

Do you have an insulated beverage container that you take with you when you leave your home? I have one that I use occasionally but rarely.

Have you ever played beer pong? No, but I know that my adult kids have!

Old 06-06-2023, 09:52 AM

3,207 posts, read 1,056,797 times
Good morning.

Do you own any China dishes?
Yes, almost all of them.
If you own China, when did you last eat off a China plate at home?
I only use these, all the time, every time.
What sorts of beverage glasses do you have?
Glass, simple, smaller or bigger.
Did you ever get a collectible glass with a beverage purchase at a fast-food restaurant?
Never but I only ate at a fast-food a few times in my life.
Approximately how many coffee mugs do you have?
I thought I had about 5 or 6 in total but I found 3 more in an old box (when I moved, it was in the garage) so now I have 8-9.
Did you ever cut your hand on a glass that broke when you were washing it?
Yes, a long time ago.
When did you last drink a beverage from a Styrofoam cup?
5-6 months ago.
Did you know that "Styrofoam" is a proper noun? I didn't until I typed it above and it was marked by the spell checker.
Yes.
Do you own any plastic tumblers?
One.
Do you own any beverage glasses or containers that have sports logos on them?
No.
Do you have an insulated beverage container that you take with you when you leave your home?
I have one thermos that I never use.
Have you ever played beer pong?
No.

Thanks. Have a good week.

Old 06-06-2023, 10:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 26,114,306 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

We do.

Last Thanksgiving.

Water, wine, martini, shot, high ball, margarita and beer glasses.

Did you ever get a collectible glass with a beverage purchase at a fast-food restaurant?
I did several years ago, wife broke last year.

15 in the cupboard, another 30-40 boxed up in the garage. Why

No

Feb, 2021 at a motel in AZ.

Did you know that "Styrofoam" is a proper noun? I didn't until I typed it above and it was marked by the spell checker.
I do now Pam.

Funny you should ask, I spotted 3 brown ones from when the kids were in the back of the cupboard.

No

Do you have an insulated beverage container that you take with you when you leave your home?
We have 3-4.

No

That's all I'm dishing up for today, kiddos. Have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.
Thanx Pammy, nice Q's, wonder if I can get away with dwon sizing the glasses.

Old 06-06-2023, 10:31 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,415,744 times
Hi Hi

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you own any China dishes? would like to get rid of them...

If you own China, when did you last eat off a China plate at home? Many christmases ago when my kids were home.

What sorts of beverage glasses do you have? Clear tall glasses, juice glasses, wine glasses, shot glasses

Did you ever get a collectible glass with a beverage purchase at a fast-food restaurant? Maybe long, long ago when my kids were growing up.

Approximately how many coffee mugs do you have? Five

Did you know that "Styrofoam" is a proper noun? I didn't until I typed it above and it was marked by the spell checker. Never thought about it...

Do you own any plastic tumblers? Yes, use them when I take water in the car with me.

Do you have an insulated beverage container that you take with you when you leave your home? Yes--on work days I take my MiiR with coffee in it.

Last day of my trip abroad--I was on the go for six days--I am now pittering.

Old 06-06-2023, 11:36 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,607,785 times
Do you own any China dishes? Yup, we have a set

If you own China, when did you last eat off a China plate at home? It's been many many years

What sorts of beverage glasses do you have? A little bit of everything

Did you ever get a collectible glass with a beverage purchase at a fast-food restaurant? Nope. But my ex-wife, before we married, had a set of McDonald's glasses in her hope chest

Approximately how many coffee mugs do you have? 15 or so, and only 1 coffee drinker in the house. lol

Did you ever cut your hand on a glass that broke when you were washing it? Nope

When did you last drink a beverage from a Styrofoam cup? Last night. I bought a medium size Icee for 89 cents and they don't melt as fast in a styrofoam fountain drink cup.

Learn something new every day. lol

Do you own any plastic tumblers? Yup

Do you own any beverage glasses or containers that have sports logos on them? Nope

Do you have an insulated beverage container that you take with you when you leave your home? My wife does occasionally

Have you ever played beer pong? When my wife's son in law was in the Army at Ft. Campbell, they would have his Army buddies over on weekends with plenty of beer pong. I don't drink but I was the "designated thrower" in some of the games. lol

Old 06-06-2023, 04:18 PM

7,258 posts, read 7,122,080 times
Hello, everyone! Scroll on down to see what I dished up for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes.

Every day.

Mikasa crystal and assorted cheaper stuff.

Yes.

No.

A while ago.

Nope.

a few.

No way,

A few.

No.

That's all I'm dishing up for today, kiddos. Have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics