Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 03:52 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,372,189 times

Advertisements

Good morning and happy Wednesday.

Today's RGBOQ's

1. Have you ever set foot in a town beginning with the letter Q?

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild?

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary, Kerry, Jerry, or Terry?

4. One of the following must be removed forever from your life:

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinal records?

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 06-07-2023 at 04:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 04:38 AM

11,407 posts, read 9,332,093 times
1. Have you ever set foot in a town beginning with the letter Q? - IDK

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild? - Never did.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary - Mary Tyler Moore

Kerry - John Kerry (politician, attorney, diplomat)

Jerry - Jerry Springer

Terry - Real first name of a poster on City-Data.

A. Your cell phone - This one.
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinyl records? - I still have and play CD's.

Have a great day everyone. - Thank you and you do that same!

Old 06-07-2023, 04:56 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,126,784 times

Today's RGBOQ's

Used to live in the town of East Quogue, NY on Long Island. The town of Quogue came right before it traveling east so I've been to both.

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild? Yes, but not in Tennessee. I used to go a lot to Great Smoky Mountain National Park and I never saw a bear which is ridiculous. Just about everyone else has. I saw 3 of them (not at the same time) in 3 different locations in North Carolina. One was walking down the road near the woods right at sun up not far from my hotel, another other one was in the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge just sitting in the middle of the road also at sun up and a big one I saw at the Pungo Unit of the Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge on the side of the road. I was in my car all 3 time and all 3 bears took off when I got a little closer.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary, Kerry, Jerry, or Terry? Kerry Washington, Jerry Seinfeld, Terry Bradshaw and Mary, Queen of Scots although I did first think of Mary, Mary Quite Contrary (how does your garden grow?) but thought you probably want real people.

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?

cell phone.

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinal records? Have a ton of CDs. Listened to 2 last night before bedtime. No tapes or vinyl records.

Have a great day everyone. You do the same.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:02 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,641,054 times
..... Quincy, Illinois many timess. Lived for a year in Quintero, Chile. Quanah TX, Quitman MS

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild?
..... No

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary, Kerry, Jerry, or Terry?
..... My sister Mary lives with her daughter Terry.

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?
..... Never had a cell phone, rarely (weeks) listen to music, haven't enjoyed a movie in years.

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinal records?
..... No, can get music on Youtube, if I need to.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:40 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,023,118 times
Today's RGBOQ's

***None I can remember

***Many bear encounters. One place I lived in Alaska, after 9pm you would see one or more brown bears wandering around the housing compound.

***Had a good friend in high school named Kerry.

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?
***Music does not play much of a part in my life, so I would give it up.

***Might be a CD somewhere in my stuff

Old 06-07-2023, 05:52 AM

14,862 posts, read 8,191,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Today's RGBOQ's

Not that I can recall.
Went on a lot of road trip vacations when I was a child so it could be though.

Yes, several times.
Have a friend named Mary and an ex-neighbor named Jerry.

A. Your cell phone <------------This one!
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?

There are still some CD's around here.

U2!
Thanks for the questions Beer Geek.

Old 06-07-2023, 06:18 AM

7,398 posts, read 5,512,445 times

Today's RGBOQ's

1. Have you ever set foot in a town beginning with the letter Q? Yes, Quincy, Illinois

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild? No

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary, Kerry, Jerry, or Terry? I have an aunt and cousin named Mary.

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes? Music

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinal records? No

Thank you!

Old 06-07-2023, 06:21 AM

126,387 posts, read 19,147,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

Today's RGBOQ's

1. Have you ever set foot in a town beginning with the letter Q? Quebec City

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild? Yes while hiking we saw bears at a creek fishing for wild salmon.Another time we saw one crossing a path

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary, Kerry, Jerry, or Terry? Mary Earps

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies.................This one
D. Your computer....................And this one
Which one goes?

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinyl records? CDs,vinyl records and cassettes

Thank you BeerGeek

Old 06-07-2023, 06:38 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,439,117 times

I don’t know.

No.

My aunt Mary and cousin Terry. No one comes to mind for the others.

A. Your cell phone
B. All Music
C. Movies
D. Your computer
Which one goes?

Probably computer because I can do almost anything on a phone or iPad.

I have some CDs in a box in the garage but I haven’t used them in years. I have nothing to play them on anyway.

Have a great day everyone.[/quote]

Old 06-07-2023, 06:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,270,019 times
Good morning, Beer Geek, and THANK YOU!

1. Have you ever set foot in a town beginning with the letter Q? Yes. Quitman, TX. Probably others as well.

2. One of today's birthdays is Bear Grylis, the TV adventurer. Have you ever encountered a bear in the wild? Yes, and neither of us were particularly pleased.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Mary, Kerry, Jerry, or Terry? My cousin's wife's first name is Mary. Hey, I'm Catholic - we have a lot of Marys around here! LOL

A. Your cell phone No.
B. All Music No.
C. Movies No.
D. Your computer This one.
Which one goes?

5. Do you still own any of the following: 8 track tapes, CD's, or vinal records? I have some CDs and also some vinyl records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics