Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 07:42 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,016,855 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Well, I survived my road trip. Stayed in-state. Spent a few days with my sister. Ate way too much good food.

Saturday's Questions:

Ever ate too much at a restaurant that you had to take a nap in your car?

Do you buy souvenirs when traveling?

Ever ordered room service when staying at a hotel?

How about having food delivered to your hotel?

When checking in at a hotel have you asked the front desk clerk to recommend somewhere to eat?

Well, time to unpack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 07:58 PM
bjh

60,149 posts, read 30,473,135 times
First
Greetings. Well, I survived my road trip. Stayed in-state. Spent a few days with my sister. Ate way too much good food.
Good deal
Saturday's Questions:
Nope. I seldom eat too much.
Yep I've bought shot glasses in the past and I don't even drink! Often get the requisite tee shirt with the name of the place on it.
Yes.
More likely to just go out.
When checking in at a hotel have you asked the front desk clerk to recommend somewhere to eat?
Yes, they know the best local places. I'll bet they're used to the question.

Well, time to unpack
Time to find the forgotten stinky cheese under the tube socks.

Thanks, Mutt, for the cool Qs.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:19 PM

11,394 posts, read 9,316,239 times
Greetings. Well, I survived my road trip. Stayed in-state. Spent a few days with my sister. Ate way too much good food. - Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you had a good time!

Saturday's Questions: - Thanks!

Ever ate too much at a restaurant that you had to take a nap in your car? - No and that will never happen.

Do you buy souvenirs when traveling? - I don't travel much. I have in the past.

Ever ordered room service when staying at a hotel? - Yes.

How about having food delivered to your hotel? - No

When checking in at a hotel have you asked the front desk clerk to recommend somewhere to eat? - Cannot recall so I'll say no.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:00 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,591,931 times
Saturday's Questions:

Ever ate too much at a restaurant that you had to take a nap in your car? Nope

Do you buy souvenirs when traveling? Sometimes

Ever ordered room service when staying at a hotel? Nope

How about having food delivered to your hotel? Nope

When checking in at a hotel have you asked the front desk clerk to recommend somewhere to eat? Nope

Old 08-25-2023, 09:00 PM

37,807 posts, read 41,094,709 times
Sounds like you had a good time.

Saturday's Questions:

Ever ate too much at a restaurant that you had to take a nap in your car? I keep a bottle of NoDoz in my car. Just have to wait until it kicks in. I would be afraid to take a nap in my car.

Do you buy souvenirs when traveling? Not these days.

Ever ordered room service when staying at a hotel? Yes

How about having food delivered to your hotel? Always. When I check in, I ask the front desk for menus of restaurants that deliver to the hotel. I have some Delaware restaurants' phone numbers in my phone.

When checking in at a hotel have you asked the front desk clerk to recommend somewhere to eat? No

Well, time to unpack Worst part is doing laundry.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:30 PM

14,825 posts, read 8,162,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Saturday's Questions:

No
No
Yes
Yes
No
Well, time to unpack
Thanks for the questions!

Old 08-25-2023, 11:22 PM

44,667 posts, read 61,767,196 times
Saturday's Questions:

Ever ate too much at a restaurant that you had to take a nap in your car? Not in the car but as soon as I got back home I've done it a few times, like this afternoon's lunch out.

Do you buy souvenirs when traveling? Usually in interesting places.

Ever ordered room service when staying at a hotel? Once or twice many moons ago.

How about having food delivered to your hotel? One time when the weather was bad.

When checking in at a hotel have you asked the front desk clerk to recommend somewhere to eat? Yes a few times in unfamiliar places. Turned out well.

Welcome home, back.

Old 08-25-2023, 11:28 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,811,145 times
Awesome, glad you had a good time.

Saturday's Questions:

LOL no I wish I had thought of that. I did crawl under my desk at work one time, after lunch, and took a nap. My snoring got me busted.

Nope, they are just dust collectors and I don't like to dust. Nobody else wants stupid souvenirs either. So that messes up everything as far as giving gifts this year. No it doesn't. I haven't even been anywhere to get souvenirs. Socks it is.

No. I've never stayed in a nice enough hotel. Not one that serves anything other than the "continental breakfast". Wow. Look, a bagel.

Nope. That sounds like a weird thing to do. I don't know, nobody delivers to my house except Papa John's. I don't like their pizza. So, I've never experienced the joy of having food delivered to a hotel room.

I haven't really traveled anywhere where the desk clerks weren't surly. It's not a good idea to ask a question when they aren't really there.

Well, time to unpack

Thanks Mutt.

Old 08-25-2023, 11:41 PM

12,554 posts, read 2,990,048 times
No.
Sometimes.
Yes.
No.
Yes.

Old 08-26-2023, 12:56 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,409,463 times
Good Morning

Saturday's Questions:

Do you buy souvenirs when traveling? I buy something useful, so when I use it it will take me back to that moment in my travels.

Ever ordered room service when staying at a hotel? A couple of times.

How about having food delivered to your hotel? Once in Chicago, I had a Giordano’s deep dish pizza deliver to celebrate my colleage's birthday

Well, time to unpack <--my most unfavorite part of traveling!

Happy Saturday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics