Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 02:31 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,181,878 times

Advertisements

If you live your life mostly in your mind and imagination, being in thoughts and emotions, brilliant things do happen and that
life is not only not wasted, it can create a happier, more loving and caring world.

~ Good advice: if you eat Saltine crackers on a plate for a snack, place them all upside down. They taste much better!

~ Do you know any person who seems to be showing signs of dementia? Can you point out any signs of dementia?

~ I wish that Pam continues with the Tuesday Questions each week. Do you wish the same?

~ Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsay chef shows on TV? Do you like them? Do you watch them anyway?

~ Do any of you have Diabetes 2? I do. It is very bad to have so please learn how to lower your risks of getting it!

~ I would like to ask if any of our females ever wear a dress, or own any?

~ Men, do you appreciate a lady wearing a dress?

~ Yes, jeans are great, too...do you think it is creepy questions because I think it's creepy if you do.

~ Have you ever considered writing a book?

What creative things have you ever done?

***** spread happiness to all those you encounter that seem safe to do so. Create some smiles! Good day! *****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 03:26 AM

11,408 posts, read 9,332,093 times
If you live your life mostly in your mind and imagination, being in thoughts and emotions, brilliant things do happen and that life is not only not wasted, it can create a happier, more loving and caring world. - Reality can be cruel...

~ Good advice: if you eat Saltine crackers on a plate for a snack, place them all upside down. They taste much better! - Don't buy.

~ Do you know any person who seems to be showing signs of dementia? Can you point out any signs of dementia? - Forgetfulness. I am slightly worried about a friend who is 4 years older than I am. I have not brought it up, well, maybe a little (when talking about older people and aging). He has a wife and close family...

~ I wish that Pam continues with the Tuesday Questions each week. Do you wish the same? - Yes but I can relate that it can become a burden. It sounds to me that she wants to give it up and we should respect that.

~ Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsay chef shows on TV? Do you like them? Do you watch them anyway? - No interest.

~ Do any of you have Diabetes 2? I do. It is very bad to have so please learn how to lower your risks of getting it! - Don't and best wishes...

~ I would like to ask if any of our females ever wear a dress, or own any? - N/A

~ Men, do you appreciate a lady wearing a dress? - Yes, I like certain ones a lot.

~ Yes, jeans are great, too...do you think it is creepy questions because I think it's creepy if you do. - I don't care for jeans, haven't worn any in about 20 years.

~ Have you ever considered writing a book? - No.

What creative things have you ever done? - Plenty of work related projects in the past.

***** spread happiness to all those you encounter that seem safe to do so. Create some smiles! Good day! ***** - Rejection is a bit difficult for me so I will pass. I also have a major trust issue and I don't want to deal with that. In my view most people are not good.

Old 09-01-2023, 04:54 AM

3,211 posts, read 1,062,266 times
Good morning.

~ Do you know any person who seems to be showing signs of dementia? Can you point out any signs of dementia?
Yes. In her case (the person that I know): she forgets basic simple things, loss of balance, loss of inhibition.
~ I wish that Pam continues with the Tuesday Questions each week. Do you wish the same?
I don't have an opinion on this, it's her decision anyway.
~ Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsay chef shows on TV? Do you like them? Do you watch them anyway?
No.
~ Do any of you have Diabetes 2? I do. It is very bad to have so please learn how to lower your risks of getting it!
No. You can try to reverse it using fasting and diet. I suggest looking into dr. Jason Fung. (books, youtube channel, interviews etc.)
Yes.
Yes but I don't think I'll do it.
Ohhh, there are too many to mention. But I'm just an empty vessel so I get lots of help/inspiration when creating pretty things, meals, art, fashion etc.

Take care.

Old 09-01-2023, 05:10 AM

14,870 posts, read 8,191,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
If you live your life mostly in your mind and imagination, being in thoughts and emotions, brilliant things do happen and that
life is not only not wasted, it can create a happier, more loving and caring world.

~ Good advice: if you eat Saltine crackers on a plate for a snack, place them all upside down. They taste much better!

Maybe...it can be hard to tell Dementia from other things sometimes, especially in the beginning.
signs of dementia? Memory loss, confusion, language problems, difficulty doing things they always did before, no filter, getting lost.

Sure, I would love it....as long as she wants to do it.
No and I don't watch.
No. But my DH was just diagnosed with it, so I am reading up on it, and trying to change the diet and menu at home.(It runs in both sides of my family, so I always thought that I would be the first one to get it)
Yes

~ Yes, jeans are great, too...do you think it is creepy questions because I think it's creepy if you do.
I haven't wore jeans in decades, not since my teens/early twenties.
No.
Cook
***** spread happiness to all those you encounter that seem safe to do so. Create some smiles! Good day! *****
For sure...ditto.
Thanks for the questions Roosty.

Old 09-01-2023, 05:27 AM

126,390 posts, read 19,147,868 times
Quote:

~ Do you know any person who seems to be showing signs of dementia? Can you point out any signs of dementia?............No

~ I wish that Pam continues with the Tuesday Questions each week. Do you wish the same?...............Would be nice

~ Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsay chef shows on TV? Do you like them? Do you watch them anyway?........No

~ Do any of you have Diabetes 2? I do. It is very bad to have so please learn how to lower your risks of getting it!..........No

~ I would like to ask if any of our females ever wear a dress, or own any? .............Yes I do

~ Have you ever considered writing a book?............No

What creative things have you ever done?..............Painting/Drawing and baking

Thank you roosty

Old 09-01-2023, 05:35 AM

30,705 posts, read 16,347,482 times
Quote:
that would be nice

or just put them right side up on the plate and turn the plate over.

no-not really without googling

Hopefully but she's done it for so long it's understandable if she says enough.

no tv but if I watched it sure wouldn't be a cooking show.

yes.
nope. don't even own one

~

haven't seen any creepy questions lately.

yes but I won't. Too lazy.

all kinds of stuff.

thanks, roosty.

Old 09-01-2023, 05:51 AM

1,403 posts, read 633,891 times
If you live your life mostly in your mind and imagination, being in thoughts and emotions, brilliant things do happen and that life is not only not wasted, it can create a happier, more loving and caring world.

### True

### I remember my grannie making after school snacks with saltines for my multiple cousins and myself. She would would spread dulce leche over individual saltines. The salty/sweet taste had us mesmerized. My brother spreads mayonnaise on his, made me try it and confess it was quite addictive.

### Not sure, when I get together with friends we seem to be on the same mental level, we forget this or that and we all see it as normal, so who knows. That said a family member had dementia of the violent kind, went after her sister with a knife because she didn’t recognize her thinking she broke into the house. She was institutionalized shortly after that.

### It’s her choice.

### No. My wife does, tho’. Years ago when visiting London she insisted on going to his restaurant and admit it was a very pleasant surprise, the food was delicious.

### Great advice. Diabetes runs on my mothers side so good to stay vigilant.

### N/A

### Sure

### I’m mostly in jeans. Costco’s Kirkland brand are affordable, good quality and fit

### A fantasy in my younger days.

### After retiring I now handle much of the cooking, some of my best creations are soups the rest can be hit and runs.

### Will do. Thanks for the QOTD mr roosty, nose to nose tap to the 4 legged prince.

Last edited by CEN2RION; 09-01-2023 at 06:46 AM..

Old 09-01-2023, 06:19 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,126,784 times
If you live your life mostly in your mind and imagination, being in thoughts and emotions, brilliant things do happen and that life is not only not wasted, it can create a happier, more loving and caring world.

Did you ever see the really old episode of Roseanne when her son DJ wouldn't eat his peanut butter and jelly sandwich because he likes the jelly (or peanut butter) on the top not on the bottom? Roseanne takes his sandwich away, turns it upside down, gives it right back to him and he's happy.

~ Do you know any person who seems to be showing signs of dementia? Can you point out any signs of dementia? I think we all do.

~ I wish that Pam continues with the Tuesday Questions each week. Do you wish the same? Of course.

~ Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsay chef shows on TV? Do you like them? Do you watch them anyway? Never saw any but I read that he has more than one and I've seen the ads for them.

~ I would like to ask if any of our females ever wear a dress, or own any? These days you can ask "the men" that same question.

~ Have you ever considered writing a book? No. Don't have the discipline to do it. Plus, they would have to get a good editor since my personal philosophy on run-on sentences is to throw in a comma and keep going. Must have missed that episode of Sesame Street.

What creative things have you ever done? Took 2 creative writing classes in college and wrote satirical short stories but I'm better at report writing and making a case for or against something. I do creative post processing of photos (make photos look like artwork) and can and do spend hours doing it. There is push back from the old timers, though. They want it out of competition. These are the same people who fought digital photography in favor of the film photography they did for decades. $5 Says the next battle is A.I.

spread happiness to all those you encounter that seem safe to do so. Create some smiles! Good day!

Old 09-01-2023, 06:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,270,019 times
Good morning, rainroosty and thank you!

~ Good advice: if you eat Saltine crackers on a plate for a snack, place them all upside down. They taste much better! Thanks for the tip!

~ Do you know any person who seems to be showing signs of dementia? Yes. Can you point out any signs of dementia? Short term memory loss. There are various forms of dementia. Alzheimer's follows a pretty specific trajectory, but vascular dementia doesn't. And a huge chunk of people who suffer from a serious mental disorder, such as bipolar 1 disorder or schizophrenia, also develop dementia.

~ I wish that Pam continues with the Tuesday Questions each week. Do you wish the same? I sure do. Wonder what's going on with her?

~ Have you ever watched any of Gordon Ramsay chef shows on TV? No. Do you like them? N/A Do you watch them anyway? N/A

~ Do any of you have Diabetes 2? I do. It is very bad to have so please learn how to lower your risks of getting it! I do not have it.

~ I would like to ask if any of our females ever wear a dress, or own any? I recently bought a dress but I haven't worn one in a few years. Going to two weddings, and in one I am the grandmother of the bride!

~ Yes, jeans are great, too...do you think it is creepy questions because I think it's creepy if you do. If I do what - wear jeans? Or mind being asked about wearing jeans? I wear them several times a week and don't mind telling anyone.

~ Have you ever considered writing a book? Yes and I even have the title picked out! LOL

What creative things have you ever done? Many but one sticks out in my head - I painted a niche in my house a deep blue and then painted gold stars on it, randomly. It turned out great.

Old 09-01-2023, 06:50 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,631,658 times

Yes to both

I really enjoy Pam's questions - for years now! My wish is for her to do what she wants - stick with it, do a work-share, pass the torch, other. What she wants, I want

hahahaha! I LOVE those last two questions together like that lol. I've watched them. I would hate-watch Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares in the background now - like if i was checking CD or doing crosswords or something at the same time. It can be hard not to get sucked into that drama! I'd like to watch Master Chef again but I'd still have another distraction.

No, thank goodness. I'm glad you're managing yours!

Yes and yes

I like jeans and creepy questions. These weren't creepy.

Yes. Short stories.

A number of arts, crafts, and plain ol' life stuff. Examples - ballet, sketching, hand lettering, scrapbooking, lying to adults, coming up with games/activities to keep kids occupied

great sentiment and caveat! Thanks for the fun!
Posting Guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics