Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 04:12 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times

Advertisements

Happy Wednesday. Let's see...

* Name the first movie, tv show, or song with "Zero" in the title that pops into your head.

* Zero point zero is part of the dialogue from a famous movie. Name the movie.

* Do you know what absolute zero is? (note - I had to look it up myself).

* Can you think of an athlete whose number was 0 ?

* Seinfeld was the show about nothing. Were you a fan?

* Nothing From Nothing is a song from Billy Preston. Who remembers which product he endorsed in commercials?

I hope your day is better than a zero. Have a good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 04:19 AM

11,381 posts, read 9,299,615 times
* Name the first movie, tv show, or song with "Zero" in the title that pops into your head. - Less Than Zero - Elvis Costello

* Zero point zero is part of the dialogue from a famous movie. Name the movie. - Not a movie buff so no clue.

* Can you think of an athlete whose number was 0 ? - Not off the top but I know there are some.

* Seinfeld was the show about nothing. Were you a fan? - Not a fan of his.

* Nothing From Nothing is a song from Billy Preston. Who remembers which product he endorsed in commercials? - I've been muting commercials when possible my entire adult life.

I hope your day is better than a zero. Have a good one! - Hoping a bit less hectic than yesterday was. It should be...

Thank you!

Old 09-06-2023, 05:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times

* Name the first movie, tv show, or song with "Zero" in the title that pops into your head.
Panic In The Year Zero. Ray Milland was in it and if I remember correctly, Frankie Avalon played his son. I can think of 3 more movies with a "Zero" in the title but will leave that to others.

* Zero point zero is part of the dialogue from a famous movie. Name the movie. I got nothing. Doesn't even ring a bell. I'm guessing it might be a comedy, a romantic comedy, maybe or a delusional comedy (I call movies "delusional romantic comedies" when the nerd wins the head cheerleader which is probably a screenwriter's fantasy ), and maybe some female called some guy that for emphasis. Or, maybe it's a horror movie that takes place where it's really cold like the movie "The Thing." Nah. Probably a comedy.

* Do you know what absolute zero is? (note - I had to look it up myself). Yes, I know.

* Can you think of an athlete whose number was 0 ? No idea.

* Seinfeld was the show about nothing. Were you a fan? I did not watch it religiously. I've seen it more in syndication in hotel rooms than when it actually aired.

* Nothing From Nothing is a song from Billy Preston. Who remembers which product he endorsed in commercials? I know that song but not the commercial. Not a fan. Never bought any of his music.

Old 09-06-2023, 06:40 AM

126,304 posts, read 19,086,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

* Name the first movie, tv show, or song with "Zero" in the title that pops into your head................

* Zero point zero is part of the dialogue from a famous movie. Name the movie...................

* Do you know what absolute zero is? (note - I had to look it up myself)................No

* Can you think of an athlete whose number was 0 ?................

* Seinfeld was the show about nothing. Were you a fan?................Never watched it

* Nothing From Nothing is a song from Billy Preston. Who remembers which product he endorsed in commercials?......................Never heard of him

Thank you BeerGeek

Old 09-06-2023, 06:44 AM

30,574 posts, read 16,263,911 times
Quote:

not going to do so well on these but here goes..

can't think of any

not a movie buff so clueless

now this one I know.
Spoiler
coldest possible temperature. also know as kelvins

in addition to not watching movies I also don't watch sports so another I dunno here.

never saw it.

* Nothing From Nothing is a song from Billy Preston. Who remembers which product he endorsed in commercials?

no but I remember the song.

thanks, BeerGeek

Old 09-06-2023, 06:48 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times
Less Than Zero - song by Elvis Costello, book by Bret Easton Ellis, and a movie with Robert Downey, Jr.

Arghhhh. I do know it but my brain wouldn't give me the name - had to look it up. Great clips from that movie

absolutely!

nope

Yup

Man, he could lift anyone's spirits. I have no idea what product. He has 6 degrees of separation from your zero point zero clip to Louisiana Gator Boys

This was a good start! Thanks!
Posting Guide

Old 09-06-2023, 07:07 AM

14,801 posts, read 8,133,631 times
Quote:

There was a song "Zero"...don't know/remember who sang it though.
Animal House
After I looked it up, yes.
UK's Tony Delk
Not really. Have seen a handful of reruns of it maybe.
I remember the song, but not the commercial....I don't really pay attention to commercials.

U2
Thanks for the questions!

Old 09-06-2023, 07:18 AM

21,565 posts, read 8,743,307 times

"Zero Hour" (1957)
I'm sorry, but I don't know this one.
Science is not one of my strong points, so I will have to look it up, too.
I'm also not into sports, so I can't answer this one.
I've seen it, but I wasn't a fan even though I used to live in New York City. None of the New Yorkers I knew were anything like the characters on the show.
Billy Preston was in a commercial? I didn't know that. I liked his music, though. A friend of mine was an apprentice film editor in NYC working in the edit room next to George Harrison while was editing his film "The Concert For Bangladesh". One day I came to pick my friend up for dinner. While waiting for her, I was able to stand (discreetly) outside George's room and watch him and his editor at the Movieola working on Billy Preston's number, "That's the Way God Planned It." What a thrill. I was walking on air for days afterward.

Quote:
Thanks for "nothing," BeerGeek!

Old 09-06-2023, 07:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
Good morning, Beer Geek, and thank you!

* Name the first movie, tv show, or song with "Zero" in the title that pops into your head. Oh wait, that's Zorro. And Zorba The Greek. Never mind. OK, Zero Dark Thirty.

* Zero point zero is part of the dialogue from a famous movie. Name the movie. Animal House!

* Do you know what absolute zero is? (note - I had to look it up myself). No. Let me look it up! OK found it! -459.67 F

* Can you think of an athlete whose number was 0 ? No.

* Seinfeld was the show about nothing. Were you a fan? Totally.

* Nothing From Nothing is a song from Billy Preston. Who remembers which product he endorsed in commercials? Not me!

Old 09-06-2023, 07:31 AM

61,865 posts, read 87,339,575 times

I heard about June Zero that is going to be released pretty soon (it's about Adolf Eichmann and supposed to be good)

I don't know.

Yes, it has to do with temperature.

No. Even when I know about some athletes, I don't pay attention to their number.

No. Too silly.

No. That's 70s. I wasn't living here.

Now, that's a challenge!!
Thank you BG!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics