Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 01:31 PM

6,899 posts, read 4,917,939 times

Advertisements

I am dure I will be dragged kicking and screaming to online banking and eventually learning to pay with my phone, but no. I prefer cash, certainly for transactions under $100.

Besides, without cash how can I bribe people or get a cash discount?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 02:17 PM

3,114 posts, read 2,024,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Besides, without cash how can I bribe people or get a cash discount?
LOLOL. I forgot about that... & bail money in the cookie jar.

I'm onboard with cash now.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:03 PM

14,821 posts, read 8,153,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Hello QOTDers!

THE QUESTIONS

1) Without doing research, as of June 2023 (cut-off), can you guess who has the top selling album of all time? (Hint: It’s a Greatest Hits album and it’s not The Beatles, Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson.)
I have no clue...Eagles?

2) Would you like to see a cashless society? No. Why or why not?
Not a good idea at all for many reasons....it would be unfair to poorer people or people who for whatever reason do not want or cannot get a debit or credit card. Some people prefer using cash (choice is a beautiful thing), it's harder to track an individual when they are using cash...and if we ever have a cyber attack from a foreign entity, they could shut down all bank accounts/credit accounts, but at some places in some instances you might still be able to use cash.

3) Pick any one country that isn’t your country and tell us the name of 3 – 5 famous people dead or alive from that country. There’s one catch. The 3 – 5 people you pick must come from 3 - 5 different categories. (Example categories but feel free to pick your own: sports, music, authors, science, journalism, inventors, acting, art, crime, politics, royalty, religion, explorers, medicine, heads of state, dancers, etc.)

1. Charles Dickens -writer
2. Queen Elizabeth -Royalty
3. Mick Jagger - Singer/musician
4.Torvill and Dean -Ice Dancers/Olympians
5.Michael Caine -Actor

4) For whatever country you picked in the previous question about 3 – 5 famous people, tell us a specialty food dish the country is known for that you would like to try if you went there. (Could be an entrée, a dessert, a side dish, a snack, anything but it must be food not drink).

Fish n chips
5) Think of yourself as an individual or team sports spectator not as a participant. What would you change in any sport (or sports) to make it more interesting for you, personally? Use your imagination. Doesn’t have to be realistic.

QUESTION TO PONDER

Do you think blind people see in their dreams?

If they had their sight first then went blind probably.
Thanks for the questions Laura.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 09-18-2023 at 03:11 PM..

Old 09-19-2023, 12:02 AM

44,386 posts, read 20,111,153 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) Without doing research, as of June 2023 (cut-off), can you guess who has the top selling album of all time? (Hint: It’s a Greatest Hits album and it’s not The Beatles, Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson.) I don't know. I'll guess Elton John.

2) Would you like to see a cashless society? No. Why or why not? I don't trust computer systems to always work. If there's a breakdown (think Las Vegas this past week), cash may be needed for transactions.

3) Pick any one country that isn’t your country and tell us the name of 3 – 5 famous people dead or alive from that country. There’s one catch. The 3 – 5 people you pick must come from 3 - 5 different categories. (Example categories but feel free to pick your own: sports, music, authors, science, journalism, inventors, acting, art, crime, politics, royalty, religion, explorers, medicine, heads of state, dancers, etc.)

1. It's 1 a.m. here and I'm beat. My brain isn't cooperating right now and I can't think of enough names to properly answer this question. I'm really bad with names anyway.

4) For whatever country you picked in the previous question about 3 – 5 famous people, tell us a specialty food dish the country is known for that you would like to try if you went there. (Could be an entrée, a dessert, a side dish, a snack, anything but it must be food not drink). I'll just choose England and a common side dish there: mashed peas. That was a real surprise to me when I visited London about four years ago. Several dishes I ordered at various restaurants came with mashed peas. I loved all the main dishes I had there, but the peas were pretty boring.

5) Think of yourself as an individual or team sports spectator not as a participant. What would you change in any sport (or sports) to make it more interesting for you, personally? Use your imagination. Doesn’t have to be realistic. I find watching baseball about as exciting as watching paint dry. One way to make it more interesting would be to at least have a limit to the number of innings so a game can't go on forever. Settle for a tie score and call it a day for Pete's sake!

QUESTION TO PONDER

Do you think blind people see in their dreams? I'm guessing that a person who was born blind would not see images in their dreams as sighted people do. I'm guessing that blind people who lost their sight sometime during their life do see images in their dreams.

Thanks for the questions, LauraC!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-19-2023, 04:17 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) Without doing research, as of June 2023 (cut-off), can you guess who has the top selling album of all time? (Hint: It’s a Greatest Hits album and it’s not The Beatles, Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson.)
Hummmm....... good question. Pink Floyd? Dark Side Of The Moon?

2) Would you like to see a cashless society? Why or why not?
Absolutely not as it would lead to complete government control.

CANADA
1. Neil Peart (RIP)
2. Geddy Lee
3. Alex Lifeson
4. Eric Lindros
5. Gordon Lightfoot (RIP)

4) For whatever country you picked in the previous question about 3 – 5 famous people, tell us a specialty food dish the country is known for that you would like to try if you went there. (Could be an entrée, a dessert, a side dish, a snack, anything but it must be food not drink). ???

5) Think of yourself as an individual or team sports spectator not as a participant. What would you change in any sport (or sports) to make it more interesting for you, personally? Use your imagination. Doesn’t have to be realistic.
Great question! Basketball - I'd raise the height of the basket by maybe .5 feet.

QUESTION TO PONDER

Do you think blind people see in their dreams? ???

Thanks Laura, great questions!

Old 09-19-2023, 09:02 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,084,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It was a creative and good question. I know I didn't get it right.
Nothing for you to apologize for and you aren't the only one so, it's on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics