Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 10:43 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,461,719 times

Advertisements

THE QUESTIONS
**Did you know that spiders, scorpions, mites and ticks aren’t insects? They are arachnids.
Yes.
**Have you ever seen a spider web (not a cobweb) outdoors in your town?
Sure
**If yes, where in your town?
At home. Outside, of course.
**If yes, was the spider in the web?
Sometimes.
**Did you know arachnophobia is the most common phobia in the world?

**If like me, you didn’t know, what did you think was the most common phobia in the world?
I've read it's public speaking. Not sure that's technically a phobia though.
**In keeping with the theme of this QOTD, can you guess what I am describing below?
No.
**Have you ever been bitten by someone or something that isn’t an insect or an arachnid? What?
Nibbled on by cats and dogs from time to time.
**Do you know who The Spiders From Mars were?
A band?
**Read, see or recite any of the following?
Yes.

OTHER
**When do you shut off your phone?
Now and then.
**If the federal/central government in your country shuts down, are you personally impacted at all?
Not really. I don't think they'll slow benefits as some have mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2023, 10:59 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Hello QOTDers! This may look like a long QOTD but most of the questions can be answered with one or two words. Thanks as always for the questions. I was only on sporadically yesterday because of the holiday.

**Did you know that spiders, scorpions, mites and ticks aren’t insects? They are arachnids. All arachnids have 8 legs and they don’t have antennae. Where I live this is a good time (cool mornings and webs usually gone by warmer mid-morning) to see spider webs outdoors. I knew that.

**Have you ever seen a spider web (not a cobweb) outdoors in your town? Yes
**If yes, where in your town? Don't remember
**If yes, was the spider in the web? Sometimes

**Did you know arachnophobia is the most common phobia in the world? No
**If like me, you didn’t know, what did you think was the most common phobia in the world? Agoraphobia or claustrophobia

**In keeping with the theme of this QOTD, can you guess what I am describing below? Scorpion

“Powerful, erratic, frequently vicious animals with a large mouthful of pointy teeth that can do significant harm if they bite you.” No thumbs. Strong tail.

There is a a very short (2 minutes 50 seconds) National Geographic YouTube video on the subject of the description above, if you are interested.

**Have you ever been bitten by someone or something that isn’t an insect or an arachnid? What? Yes, Golden Retrievers, Burmese Mountain Dogs

**Do you know who The Spiders From Mars were? No

**Read, see or recite any of the following?

Charlotte’s Web? Read it
Little Miss Muffett?
The Teensy Weensy Spider?
The John Goodman movie Arachnophobia?
The book (James Patterson) or Alex Cross/Morgan Freeman psychological thriller movie Along Came A Spider?
The Spider-man movies or Spider-man comic books?
The 1987 thriller movie Black Widow with Debra Winger and Theresa Russell?
The 1985 William Hurt movie drama, book or play Kiss of the Spider Woman?
The 2002 movie Eight Legged Freaks with David Arquette?

OTHER

**When do you shut off your phone? Mostly to reboot

**If the federal/central government in your country shuts down, are you personally impacted at all? How? The courts I practice in many be shut down

Just an old tune by Jim Stafford you can listen to while answering the QOTD. Have you ever heard it (Spiders and Snakes) before? Ceaselessy in February-April 1974, my junior year of high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOs1w3zzWCQ

Last edited by jbgusa; 09-26-2023 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics