Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 07:36 AM

35,036 posts, read 16,987,357 times

Advertisements

Good morning and greetings! This is my first try, pinch-hitting so bear with me.

1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today?

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast?

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink?

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill

5) When was the last time you went swimming?

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone?

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it?

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people?

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone?

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise?

That's all, and this is a "one-off" set of questions, hopefully. BeerGeek does a better job.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-27-2023 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Edited thread title for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 07:42 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? It is now 8:38 AM

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? Nope. But like to fix breakfast for supper

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? The rare times I shave it's at the sink

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill Nope, nope and nope

5) When was the last time you went swimming? Last time I got in a pool (can't swim) was in August

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? I haven't

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? Yup

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? Nope. Caller ID takes care of that

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? Not sure what a factory tone is, but I found one of the ring tones already loaded on the phone.

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? Can't think of any time I ever went without either or both.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Good morning, jbgusa, and thank you!

1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? This is my first of the day, along with my first cup of coffee! So at 8:47 am.

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? Not often, Like maybe once a year or less.

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? I shave my legs and underarms in the bathtub. So neither the shower nor the bathroom sink.

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill None of the above. Not very coordinated.

5) When was the last time you went swimming? A few months ago. I love to swim.

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? I have had some cell phone drama. I knew where it was but left it at a friend's house once. I downloaded "Where's My Device?" because I would often misplace it around the house of all things. I ran over my phone once, in my driveway (it was in my lap and I got out to check the mail and then ran over it!). I dropped it in a public toilet one time and found out that the rice in a bag thing works. Many years ago I actually washed a phone one time. It never worked well after that!

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? Yes, but I often put it on silent (like it is now, for instance) so if it's on silent, calling it doesn't generally work (I also don't put it on vibrate).

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? A few.

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? I customized that.

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? Honey I don't recall. Maybe never in my life.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:59 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,555 posts, read 81,131,933 times
Good morning and greetings! This is my first try, pinch-hitting so bear with me.

1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? For me it was about 5:50am PDT.

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? No, never did that.

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? At the bathroom sink. I have a beard and only shave my neck and upper cheeks, and then only about every 3-4 days since working from home.

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill I used to ski (dowwnhill) but eventually stopped due to age. I used to also drive the boats for others water skiing, but the water was too cold for me to do it (Lake Tahoe).

5) When was the last time you went swimming? 2019 while renting a condo at Incline Village, Nevada.

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? Just about a year ago, I dropped it into a deep lake while fishing.

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? I have never needed to find it.

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? No, way too much bother since I usually only get texts, a real call is very rare.

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? Customized ringtone (Stairway to Heaven)

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? When I had a major surgery in 2019 I was unable to eat for 8 hours before and that meant nothing after the night before. The 11am surgery lasted 10 hours, so by the time I recovered enough to eat it had been 27 hours.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:12 AM

3,111 posts, read 1,006,463 times
Good morning.

7:12 PDT.
Rarely.
It's a private matter.
No.
A few years ago.
Never.
It never happened.
No.
9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone?
10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise?
A few years ago. Fasting for 3 days.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:32 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

This is it. I was reading CD much earlier (like around 4:30A) with another website but this is the first post. I checked to make sure.

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? No.

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? Can't wait to find out if anyone shaves in the car. I've heard people do that.

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill No, I can barely walk, now, but when I could just fine, I could never stand up on water skis (I tried) and as far as snow skiing goes, never tried.

5) When was the last time you went swimming? 1980s in a pool.

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? Never permanently but all of the time. Last time was about a week and a half ago. It was in my car.

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? Nope because 1) I keep my phone turned off so the call would just go into voicemail and 2) Even if it was on, no more landline and don't live with anyone.

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? Nope.

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? Not customized on this smartphone. On the dumbphone I used to have and preferred, I had "People Are Crazy" as my selected ringtone.

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? Too nauseous to eat or drink anything, not done on purpose. That would have been Sunday, I think.

That's all, and this is a "one-off" set of questions, hopefully. BeerGeek does a better job. You did a good job.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:35 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,589,976 times
You’re making me work! My first post today was at 8:51am EST

Oh yes. All I can think of right now is leftover cold steak or cold pizza but I know there’s more. For example, today I’ll eat gyro meat for my first meal - but I’ll heat that.

In the shower. I think that’s probably the norm for women

I wouldn’t say I do, but I have. Never water ski, maybe did downhill once or twice, i really enjoyed cross country

I wouldn’t call it swimming but the last time I was in the water was in April in Costa Rica. I went into the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean. I really, really went into the Caribbean. It was fun but also a little scary because I don’t know how to swim

Lol. Never. Never lost my glasses or wallet either. My husband makes up for me on all counts

Never had to. Closest I’ve been to that is freaking out for a few minutes. Not sure how many times I’ve had to call my husband’s phone. All I know is that it’s been many, many times.

No but sometimes I think about doing that.

One of the pre-loaded ring tones

During this week

That's all, and this is a "one-off" set of questions, hopefully. BeerGeek does a better job.
Posting Guide

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-28-2023 at 09:15 AM..

Old 09-27-2023, 08:49 AM

1,367 posts, read 612,755 times

### PET Zone, it’s 9:47 AM

###

### Sink

###

###

###

###

###

### Factory

### Before surgery

### You did great, jb, THX for the QOTD.

Good day all

Last edited by CEN2RION; 09-27-2023 at 08:58 AM..

Old 09-27-2023, 09:11 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,039,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? I visited this morning the dinner forum around 9:23 am EDT

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? I remember when my mother in-law lived with us we had lentil soup and chapatis in the morning

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? In the shower

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill I alpine ski since I can walk and cross country ski since I live in Canada

5) When was the last time you went swimming? Recently when we still had a rather warm day

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? I never lost a cellphone

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? Not yet

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? Yes I do

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? I use a customized ring tone

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? Due to an operation

Thank you jbgusa for filling in!

Old 09-27-2023, 09:16 AM

35,036 posts, read 16,987,357 times
1) What time, and specify time zone, did you make your first CD Post today? I think around 2:00 a.m., edited to add checked,2:11 a.m. Could not sleep last night.

2) Do you ever eat dinner leftovers for breakfast? Quite often

3) Do you shave in the shower or at the bathroom sink? Usually in the shower

4) Do you ski? a) Water; b) Cross Country; or c) Downhill All three, but have not been water-skiing since 1995, on vacation in St. Lucia. Last time I downhilled was 2006; too expensive. I cross-country ski whenever mother nature favors us with snow.

5) When was the last time you went swimming? September 22, 2023

6) When, if ever, did you lose your cell phone? A few nights ago for an hour (left in car)

7) When you can't find your cell phone, do you call it? Yes

8) On your cell phone, do you have customized ring tones for different people? a) For my senior law colleague, the song "What Am I Doing Here" by Blue Rodeo, a Canadian group; b) for my wife, alternates between "Brown Eyed Girl" and "I Saw Linda Yesterday," by Dickie Lee; c) for another law colleague "The Joker" and a few others.

9) On your cell phone, do you have a customized ring tone for "default" purposes or do you use a factory tone? Changes seasonally. Now it's "Barbados Carnival."

10) What was the last time, if ever, you went without a) food; and/or b) water for 24 hours, and was that a calendar day or defined otherwise? Sundown September 24 to sundown September 25, or 10 Tishri 5784 (days on that calendar sundown to sundown).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics