Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 11:34 PM

6,882 posts, read 4,888,158 times

Advertisements

What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona?

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one?

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go?

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch?

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year?

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 12:08 AM

44,642 posts, read 61,669,787 times
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? It has many scenic areas. It has great weather fall winter and Spring; it has friendly people..

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? Yes when I was a wee one years and years ago.

Do you have a best friend? My wife. How far back do you and this friend go? 35 years.

Do you own a punch bowl? Hidden somewhere. Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? Many many moons ago at a wedding.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? 1st I'd call 911 and then either follow their directions or check on the body as 911 would ask if they are still breathing. And my friend Colt would be by my side to aide me if necessary. Then don't touch anything.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No!

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? Gruel.

Old 10-15-2023, 12:39 AM

12,378 posts, read 2,976,868 times
The grand canyon, desert and heat.

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one?
Yes.

Yes, years.

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch?
No. Yes. I don't remember.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?
I'm going to keep going. Stopping could be the last thing you do. You can still dial 911.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No, I am not a child.

No, it isn't..

Old 10-15-2023, 12:50 AM

14,786 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
The Grand Canyon, The Great Painted Desert and Snow birds.
When I was a little child yes.
Do you have a best friend? Yes.How far back do you and this friend go? Over 40 years.

No. Yes. Don't remember, it's been too long.
I would call 911 first. If it looked like they might still be alive, I would probably get out and see if I could render help or first aid.
Nope.
Nope.
Thanks for the questions!

Old 10-15-2023, 01:26 AM

1,375 posts, read 617,740 times

### The movie Starman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMyCjQzk4w

###

### Yes, 68/69

###

### Call 911

###

### Not soup.

### THX for the QOTD.

### Good Day to all

Old 10-15-2023, 01:34 AM

21,555 posts, read 8,737,989 times
Heat, Route 66, cactus.
Yes, I remember. I think I got to ride one once, but I'm not sure.
I have two very old friends that I've known from 1969 and 1970 and one I've known for about 15 years. I don't think I could call any of them "best," especially since two of the three don't live near me anymore. I'm closest to my most recent friend, who lives in my neighborhood.
I've never owned a punch bowl. The last time I was served punch was at a family gathering some years ago.
Since I'm female I would definitely stay in my car, call 911 and make sure my car doors are locked.
No.
Of course not, but it's my favorite breakfast.

Thanks, E-Twist!

Old 10-15-2023, 01:40 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,295,139 times
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? - Very hot would be one...

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? - Maybe, if I did it was only once or twice. I have no memory getting on one.

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? - I do not feel I do...

Four people I have known long term have been for 49, 48, 38, and 32 years. The latter would be the best of that lot. I consider them all friends but no one I am really happy with. I also do not see them very much but I have regular phone contact with 3 of them.

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? - Last was about 35 years ago. Obsolete, IDK.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? - Highly doubt I'm getting out but I would call the police.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? - Never as an adult.

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? - No. FWIW I have my cereal with honey.

Thanks, E-Twist!

Last edited by John13; 10-15-2023 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 10-15-2023, 02:47 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? heat, The Grand Canyon, Kari Lake

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? Yes and yes.

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? I have a best friend who I've known since I was 20 but while we keep in touch by email will probably never see in person again because she lives too far away for me to drive there anymore and she can't drive at all, her husband is sick and they sold their RV that was made to accommodate her wheelchair.

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? I have never owned a punch bowl or made it and I usually have it once a year at one of my camera club salons, this year in December.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? Well, I don't drive at night anymore except to go around the corner for a club meeting at the commuter college, and people don't walk around here on the street because we have paths in parks for that so it is doubtful I would be in that situation but if I was, I would not get out of the car but stay in mine and call the police.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? No.

Old 10-15-2023, 03:47 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,395,551 times
Good Morning

What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? Hot, Grand Canyon, a friend lives there

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? Yes and yes

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? I have one friend that I have been friends with for 45 years. We used to be best friends--children, life changes and such. We meet up about once a year--we go right back to where we were as if no time has come between us. It is good to have her.

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? I have never owned a punch bowl. Last time served punch--been many, many years.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? Not going to stop, maybe call 911--911 is going to want more information and I am not going to want to hang around to give it. I have watched to many movies, read too many news stories to want to stick around.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? I am going to have to come up with something simple and fun since I have been invited to my little niece's Halloween party.

Happy Sunday--enjoy!

Old 10-15-2023, 04:04 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times
Hot, Desert, Way out West

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? YesIf so, did you ever get to ride one? No. My parents thought a nickel was too much to pay for that.

Do you have a best friend? Not anymore. How far back do you and this friend go? Since our teen years.

Do you own a punch bowl? YesAre they now obsolete? I don't know.When is the last time you were served punch? About 15 years ago I made Whiskey Sour Punch at Christmas

If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? I would not get out of the car, but would call 911.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? No

Thanks, E-T!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics