Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 05:26 AM

30,563 posts, read 16,256,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona?
heat, the Grand Canyon, more heat

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one?
They still have one at the local WalMart. Don't remember ever riding one.

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go?

yes. 44 yrs

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch?
never have. I don't know if they're obsolete but if they're not they should be.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?
I'd try for 911 and hope I had cell reception. Yea, I would get out and check. Dangerous I know and I might regret it but I couldn't in good conscious just ignore it.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year?
hated wearing them as a kid. certainly won't as an adult.

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup?
I call is supper.

Thanks, Etwist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 06:11 AM

3,128 posts, read 1,022,707 times
Good morning.

Desert, constitutional carry state, 6 hours away from here.
Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one?
Yes and yes.
37 years.
Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch?
No. I don't remember.
I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?

No.
No.

Thanks.

Old 10-15-2023, 06:48 AM

126,296 posts, read 19,077,769 times
Quote:
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona?........

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one?............Yes

Do you have a best friend? ..........Yes
How far back do you and this friend go? .........Grade one

Do you own a punch bowl? .........No
Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch?..............I don't like punch

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?..........I would call 911

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year?..........No

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup?........... Don't like bought cereal

Thank you E-Twist

Old 10-15-2023, 07:04 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,073,157 times
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? Heat, sunshine, Sedona.

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? Yes

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? I really don’t have a best friend other than my husband, but I do have several close friends I’ve known for 45+ years.

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? I no longer have a punchbowl and I can’t remember the last time we had punch.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? I’m staying in my car and calling 911.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No.

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? No, silly.

Old 10-15-2023, 07:42 AM

7,374 posts, read 5,490,342 times
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? Hot. Snow birds (people). Hiking.

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? Yes

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? Yes, over 30 years.

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? I have one. I don’t think I ever used it, I loaned it to someone one time.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? Call 911 and ask if I should stay in the car or check on the person.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? No

Thank you!

Old 10-15-2023, 09:24 AM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? Barry Goldwater, Mark Lindsay song called "Arizona" and Tanque Verde Ranch just outside of Tucson.

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one? As a kid, maybe

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? Yes and fall 1972

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch? No, don't know, no except maybe Hawaiian Punch out of a can.

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911? I'd call 911 unless I want to criminally implicate myself. I might put flares on the highway

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year? No.

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup? No.

Old 10-15-2023, 10:08 AM

18,228 posts, read 25,885,077 times
Quote:
What are three things you think of when you think of the state of Arizona? Grand Canyon, Route 66 going through Flagstaff, Saguaro cactus

Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores? If so, did you ever get to ride one?yes, never rode one though

Do you have a best friend? How far back do you and this friend go? Had nine of them who were all tied for first. Knew them for nearly 60 years. All have passed away

Do you own a punch bowl? Are they now obsolete? When is the last time you were served punch?no

I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate? How about you? If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?yes, absolutely.

Will you be wearing a Halloween costume this year?i miss the lack of participation of Halloween, in my part of town anyway. Haven't had a trick or treater at my door in years, sadly.

Is a bowl of cereal with milk really soup?naw, just cereal-I usually have a bowl of it every morning and as it is Fall, usually hot cereal.

Great ??'s E-twist! Hope everyone has a super Sunday!

Old 10-15-2023, 10:28 AM

24,493 posts, read 26,038,861 times
Wish I was there, 2nd Amendment friendly, Lake Powell, Presskit.

Yes X 2.

Yep, HS friend for 65 years.

We have one, obsolete last used 197? I think.

Turn on the hazaed lights and call 911.

Not this year.

Of course not.

Thanx E-Twist

Old 10-15-2023, 01:41 PM

27,360 posts, read 27,413,147 times
In AZ? I think of HOT, too dry, bad memories....
Cant really say I have just one 'best' friend, my friends are pretty tight. But most of my high school pals are no longer around.
Halloween, we dont do most holidays here.
Ill keep driving till I find a safer area and call 911 en route. My dash cam will record my prior location, the location of anything in the road.
Happy Sunday~~~

Old 10-15-2023, 08:09 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,428,674 times
1. CDers like wit-nit, Magnum Mike and our (long lost?) AksarbeN.
2. Desert climate.
3. Border state.
Do you remember the coin operated mechanical horses they used to have outside of grocery stores?
Yep. Still in some places, but maybe inside.
If so, did you ever get to ride one?
Long time ago. Would look awful silly now.
Do you have a best friend?
Yes, just texted last Tuesday.
How far back do you and this friend go?
Fifteen years.
Do you own a punch bowl?
I think we had one once.
Are they now obsolete?
Probably.
When is the last time you were served punch?
Years ago.
I've watched enough movies and read enough murder mysteries to know that if I find a body in the middle of the road I'm not getting out to investigate?
Is this a question?
How about you?
How about me?
If you are traveling at night on a dark Road and come across a body laying in the middle of it are you getting out to check on the person or are you going to stay in your vehicle and call 911?
Is it a body or a bag of laundry? You might be surprised how the mind and eye can play tricks on you, especially at night. When I was trucking I'd call 911 to report problems and I would KEEP GOING. News stories of people stopping to help and getting killed by traffic are not uncommon. Then there are at least two bodies in the road and one of them is yours. You can't make the world safe for everyone, but you can let people with the training and equipment to cope know about the problems you see.
No.
It really isn't. Grains with milk added. Not the same as boiled and seasoned meat and/or veg.

Thanks, e-twist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics