Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 10:04 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times

Advertisements

What are three things that come to mind when you think of the state of Arkansas?

Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other?

Do you like biscuits with gravy? I think it's usually sausage gravy.

Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad? Blue ink or black ink?

Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty? Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other?

Do you enjoy strolling through old cemeteries and reading the gravestones?

Happy Sunday, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 10:14 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
What are three things that come to mind when you think of the state of Arkansas? Sarah Sanders, Bill Clinton, Ozark Mountains.

Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other? Butter. Biscuit type doesn't matter as long as they aren't sweet.

Do you like biscuits with gravy? I think it's usually sausage gravy. Never had them but would if I ate breakfast.

Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad? Blue ink or black ink? Medium point. Blue or black ink doesn't matter.

Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty? Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other? It depends whether I'm putting my head on them or putting them behind my back.

Do you enjoy strolling through old cemeteries and reading the gravestones? I have done that in the past in both NY and TN.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Old 10-28-2023, 10:16 PM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
What are three things that come to mind when you think of the state of Arkansas?
Ozarks, Walmart, Clintons
Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other?
Do I like them? Yes. (I try not to indulge to much though, because of the carbs.)I like them with butter.
Yes.
Depends on what I am using them for.
Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty? Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other?
Fat, fluffy, lofty.
I know it sounds weird, but yes sometimes. (It's one of those things that sometimes people doing Genealogy sometimes might do....so I have done that a few times.) Also in a Civil War Cemetery, because of an interest in History. There was a grave for a 12 year old boy...how heartbreaking.
Happy Sunday, everyone!
Happy Sunday to you too!
Thanks for the questions!

Old 10-29-2023, 12:30 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
What are three things that come to mind when you think of the state of Arkansas? Ozarks, humidity, Clintons.

Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other? Any type hot with butter & honey.

Do you like biscuits with gravy? I think it's usually sausage gravy. Not a gravy/biscuit fan.

Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad? Blue ink or black ink? Fine point with black ink.

Comfortable, like fluffy.

Do you enjoy strolling through old cemeteries and reading the gravestones? Have done it in the past for genealogy research.

Happy Sunday, everyone! u-2

Old 10-29-2023, 12:32 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
The Duggar Family
"Arkansas Traveler" (old folk tune)
Bill Clinton

I like all types of biscuits. Mostly with butter, but sometimes with honey.
I've heard of that but have never tried it.
Medium point pen in blue ink is fine with me.
I like my pillow to be soft and squishy. Real down is nice if cruelty-free, though down alternative is also good and is better for those who have allergies. I have never liked foam pillows.
Yes, I have always enjoyed that. I also like browsing a site called findagrave.com.

Thanks, E-Twist!

Old 10-29-2023, 12:54 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
1. Beautiful mountains
2. Springs, hot or otherwise
3. Biggest rice growing state in the US
Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits?
Love 'em.
Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other?
Just plain, often while eating breakfast foods.
Never tried because I don't like floury gravy.
Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad?
Doesn't matter to me.
Blue ink or black ink?
Blue.
Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty?
Somewhere in between.
Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other?
Polyester fiber fill works just fine.
It's interesting.

Happy Sunday, everyone!
Seconding that!

Old 10-29-2023, 02:56 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
What are three things that come to mind when you think of the state of Arkansas? - Ex-colleague who moved there because it's cheaper and to be with family.

Bill Clinton was okay but not most of their current politicians.

High tornado risk.

Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other? - I never made them but occasionally will buy one from the breakfast bar at local to me Harris Teeter grocery stores.

Do you like biscuits with gravy? I think it's usually sausage gravy. - Never had as it does not appeal.

Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad? Blue ink or black ink? - Black ink in my Parker pen.

Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty? Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other? - I'm in the market to buy one soon...

Do you enjoy strolling through old cemeteries and reading the gravestones? - No interest. Did once because I was with someone who wanted to go...

Happy Sunday, everyone! - Thanks a bunch for your time!

Old 10-29-2023, 03:24 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Good Morning

-I brought back a "little rock" when I visitied there
-Bill Clinton
-Ozark Mountains

Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other? Baking powder biscuits with butter

Do you like biscuits with gravy? I think it's usually sausage gravy. No thank you.

Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad? Blue ink or black ink? Fine point, black

Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty? Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other? Feather, fluffy pillow

Do you enjoy strolling through old cemeteries and reading the gravestones? Yes! Very much, cemeteries are like art museums. My friend thought I was weird when I had on our list to go to Vienna Central Cemetery when we were in Austria. She became a fan of cemeteries after that!

Happy Sunday...

Old 10-29-2023, 04:26 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Can't say that I am ever thinking about Arkansans

The closest to biscuits are here scones. They are already sweet and mostly eaten plain. Other than that our biscuits are hard cookies. Eaten usually with afternoon tea

Biscuits in the US are different than where I live. So, I am not really familiar with them with a ...gravy. l don't think they exist outside the US. Also too unhealthy to enjoy.

Oh, that depends. My fountain pens have nibs in various sizes. I like to use wider for calligraphy - handy when writing holiday cards. But generally I use medium size, and dark purple ink. I don't write with ballpoint pens. Sometimes I use ultra fine point markers, but I guess they are markers, not pens.

Pillows... I like them high and firm, and stuffed to the max. So, it's 850-900 fill. Don't want my head to sink in and touch the mattress. My duvets are all goose down and so are the pillows.

Oh, yes!! I have been to many old cemeteries. Have pictures of hundreds gravestones. I like to go there at twilight for the shadows and atmosphere. And yes, to admire the gravestones and read the plates. So much history there!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Happy Sunday!! Thank you, E-T

Last edited by elnina; 10-29-2023 at 05:00 AM..

Old 10-29-2023, 04:56 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Someplace out West, Clintons, Not a place I'm interested in

Biscuits! Do you like baking powder biscuits or sourdough biscuits? Do you like your biscuits with butter, jam, honey, all of them or other? Baking powder biscuits with honey or apple butter.

Do you like biscuits with gravy? I think it's usually sausage gravy. I won't eat those artery cloggers

Do you prefer a fine point pen or medium or broad? Blue ink or black ink? Medium, blue

Pillows! Do you like your pillow flat or lofty? Real down, down alternative, memory foam, or other? I like the queen size, fluffy, "My Pillow" brand.

Do you enjoy strolling through old cemeteries and reading the gravestones? Not really, without a purpose. I did that one time when I was searching for my great-grandfather's grave.

Thanks for the Questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics