Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 09:48 PM

12,373 posts, read 2,975,713 times

Advertisements

I forgot farm108 wrote some questions for us a couple of months ago. Thanks, farm108 and thanks, John, for the reminder.

If you were 20 years old, what skill would you like to master?

What qualities do you look for in a friend?

Do you enjoy alone time?

If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be?

Describe a meal you really enjoyed:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 11:06 PM

44,640 posts, read 61,661,969 times
If you were 20 years old, what skill would you like to master? Aviator, flying helicopters.

What qualities do you look for in a friend? Trust, sincere, honesty, compatibility.

Do you enjoy alone time? Sometimes.

If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be? Australia or New Zealand.

Describe a meal you really enjoyed: A few days ago bbq ribs, baked potato with butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, corn on cob, salad and a beer.

Old 11-17-2023, 11:31 PM

21,555 posts, read 8,736,124 times
I'd take piano lessons. I think I'm too old for that now.
Kindness, empathy, sense of humor, intelligence, common interests.
Do you enjoy alone time?
I am an introvert, so I need a lot of the alone time I never get because Mr. Bay is housebound and unable to drive.
If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be?
France, so I could practice my language skills. I've been studying French on Duolingo since last spring.
Golden and red beet salad, poached salmon with Hollandaise sauce, rice pilaf, green beans almandine, a glass of Chardonnay, cheesecake and espresso.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 11-17-2023, 11:37 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
I forgot farm108 wrote some questions for us a couple of months ago. Thanks, farm108 and thanks, John, for the reminder.

Having a hard time coming up with an answer. Can't erase what I know from the decades after that age. Maybe I'll forget one that would be useful to a career and just master the piano or violin.

What qualities do you look for in a friend? common sense, dependable, decisive, down to earth, rational, likes to read, shares hobbies, not into parties or shopping, up on national issues, same music tastes, doesn't gossip, doesn't expect you to do everything together.

do you enjoy alone time? yes

If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be? If I didn't have to fly, I would rent a car and drivet up and down the coast of Ireland taking bird photos. My second choice would be doing the same thing on the Eastern coast of Canada.

Describe a meal you really enjoyed: Chicken parmigiana with spaghetti at Mama Lombardi's in Holbrook Long Island, NY. Second choice would be Sauerbraten with potato dumplings in a German restaurant.

Old 11-18-2023, 12:06 AM

993 posts, read 547,300 times
Huh? What does being 20yo have to do with mastering a skill? I'd like to learn German. I'd also like to learn how to create and edit animated short films.
Similar interests, loyalty, not offended easily and isn't overly sensitive, down to earth, isnt out to impress people and is confident within themselves, educated & articulate, not into partying, has children, ideally is fit (see similar interests).
Do you enjoy alone time?
Yes! I need at least a little every day!
Austria. Been there but long to return simply because it was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen in my life!!!! Just unbelievable towering mountains and deep glacial valleys!!! Also the extremely ornate and sculpted churches were pretty ridiculous. The one in Vienna was....amazing!! More beautiful than Hawaii IMO.
We went out to eat at a really high end restaurant once when I was about 12yo. It was expensive and the portion was small but the richness and flavor was beyond anything I'd ever eaten. I believe the meal was green chili chicken enchiladas.

Last edited by CCS414; 11-18-2023 at 12:34 AM..

Old 11-18-2023, 01:03 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,008,081 times

Hamburger stroganoff over noodles or rice. Some green peas. A tossed green salad. Garlic bread. A cheap beer. For dessert I will have some black cherry ice cream with a slice of cheesecake

Old 11-18-2023, 02:01 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
If you were 20 years old, what skill would you like to master? - Back in those days I spent a lot of time on various baseball fields. So maybe if it were possible...

But even at that age it was too late.

If I were to choose a different career path it would be something in the medical field. I was a government contractor for 20 years and most of them were various admin jobs in that field. Some of those studies and projects I did were very rewarding.

What qualities do you look for in a friend? - This one is hitting me hard. Okay, maybe my standards are too high as I have not made a real life friend in over 32 years. And to top that I have 1-3 current "friends" that I'd like to replace. I'm planning to go to a music event tonight. Maybe one of these days at one of these events...

Okay, I just woke up and didn't answer the question, LOL. We have to have things in common, especially when it comes to current events. Forward thinking ideas that will stimulate conversations and not lead to conflict would be at the top of my list. Please be upstanding and don't ever lie to me...

Do you enjoy alone time? - No because outside of work I have too much of it. FWIW none of my work colleagues are potential friends.

If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be? - Either Germany or Canada.

Describe a meal you really enjoyed: - Last night I fixed in my apartment - cod, whole grains, mushrooms, collard greens, and broccoli. Came out amazing.

I always enjoy my killer salads I make from one of the 4 salad bars I frequent and eat almost every day for lunch.

Thanks Peg and Farm108 for the QOTD!

Old 11-18-2023, 03:15 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,394,472 times
Good Morning

If you were 20 years old, what skill would you like to master? A musical instrument

What qualities do you look for in a friend? They have to be fun They also have to be able to talk about the joy in their life and not just their sorrows.

Do you enjoy alone time? Yes

If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be? Switzerland

Describe a meal you really enjoyed: Anything Italian

Happy Saturday!

Old 11-18-2023, 04:29 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,275,085 times
If you were 20 years old, what skill would you like to master? Computer Technology! My business would operate much smoother, if I was smart about that!

What qualities do you look for in a friend? Honesty and having similar political views.

Do you enjoy alone time? Yes, but only sometimes. I'm a "people" person.

If you spent a month in a foreign country of your choice, which one would it be? I couldn't even imagine, because I'd never visit another country. No interest.

Describe a meal you really enjoyed: Last weekend: My homemade spaghetti dinner: Thin spaghetti (al dente), homemade spaghetti sauce, homemade meatballs (ground beef must be fresh from the butcher down the street), Italian garlic bread, a slice of my homemade cheesecake, and a tall glass of ice water.

Thanks for the Questions of the Day!

Old 11-18-2023, 05:25 AM

30,554 posts, read 16,247,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post

painting restoration

I'm drawn to people who are honest, nonjudgemental and have an imagination. A sense of humor is nice too.

Do you enjoy alone time?

essential to my sanity.

Probably Canada.

can't remember any special meal.

Thanks, Peg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics