Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 10:35 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year!

THE QUESTIONS

- How do you pronounce this word: apparent

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly)

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair?

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan)

- Who is your all-time favorite human or non-human cartoon or comic book pair? (Example: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Popeye and Olive Oyl)

- I have two and only two __________________.

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy)

- Name 2 singers (living or deceased) that you like who recorded a song together that you also like a lot but who don't sing together normally. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: Mick Jagger and David Bowie - Dancing In The Street, Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie - Endless Love, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers)

- Now do the opposite of the above. Name 2 singers who always sing or sang together and one of their songs you like a lot. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody, Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe, Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water)

NEW YEAR'S JOKES (nothing to answer)

Quote:
From the Good Housekeeping people who brought you the family-friendly Christmas jokes. There are 52 of them on their website:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hol...w-years-jokes/

Here are three:

Knock knock. Who's there? Cheese.
Cheese who? For cheese a jolly good fellow.

What’s the problem with jogging on New Year’s Eve?
The ice falls out of your drinks!

I was going to quit all my bad habits for the new year ...
... but then I remembered that nobody likes a quitter.
Thank you to everyone who said something nice about my 2 photos, yesterday. It was very kind of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2023, 11:15 PM

11,386 posts, read 9,304,429 times
Happy New Year! - Same!

THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way
- This, I guess...

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly) - Mushrooms and almost anything.

In an omelet or on pizza are two of many examples I have.

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair? - I haven't watched in a long time but the first pair I thought of was the Dragnet duo of Sergeant Joe Friday and Officer Bill Gannon.

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan)

- Who is your all-time favorite human or non-human cartoon or comic book pair? (Example: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Popeye and Olive Oyl) - Haven't watched in ages but the first I came up with are Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.

- I have two and only two steady paychecks coming from different sources.

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy) - I saw Penn and Teller preform live once.

- Name 2 singers (living or deceased) that you like who recorded a song together that you also like a lot but who don't sing together normally. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: Mick Jagger and David Bowie - Dancing In The Street, Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie - Endless Love, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers)

Baby It's You - Elvis Costello & Nick Lowe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asOa8yqhjqc

(Written by Bert Bacharach & Hal David)

- Now do the opposite of the above. Name 2 singers who always sing or sang together and one of their songs you like a lot. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody, Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe, Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water) - Sowing The Seeds Of Love - Tears For Fears

(Roland Orzabal & Curt Smith)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAtGOESO7W8

Thanks, Laura!

Old 12-31-2023, 11:32 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
Happy New Year!

THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way...A-pear-ent.

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly) Lettuce & tomato, peaches & cream.

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair? Dragnets Joe Friday and Bill Gannon. Starsky & Hutch.

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan) Red & blue or tan & blue.

- Who is your all-time favorite human or non-human cartoon or comic book pair? (Example: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Popeye and Olive Oyl) Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote.

- I have two and only two feet..

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy) Penn & Teller.

- Name 2 singers (living or deceased) that you like who recorded a song together that you also like a lot but who don't sing together normally. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: Mick Jagger and David Bowie - Dancing In The Street, Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie - Endless Love, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers) Willy Nelson and Merle Haggard...'Okie from Muscogee'

- Now do the opposite of the above. Name 2 singers who always sing or sang together and one of their songs you like a lot. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody, Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe, Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water) Everly Brothers...'Let it be"

Quote:
From the Good Housekeeping people who brought you the family-friendly Christmas jokes. There are 52 of them on their website:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hol...w-years-jokes/

Here are three:

Knock knock. Who's there? Cheese.
Cheese who? For cheese a jolly good fellow.

What’s the problem with jogging on New Year’s Eve?
The ice falls out of your drinks!

I was going to quit all my bad habits for the new year ...
... but then I remembered that nobody likes a quitter.
Thank you to everyone who said something nice about my 2 photos, yesterday. It was very kind of you.

Old 12-31-2023, 11:52 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
Happy New Year! Happy new year to you, too, LauraC! (And to everyone else, of curse. )

THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent << This one.
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly) Chocolate and peanut butter (e.g., Reese's).

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair? Andy Taylor and Barney Fife.

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan) Black and white.

- Who is your all-time favorite human or non-human cartoon or comic book pair? (Example: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Popeye and Olive Oyl) The Lockhorns.

- I have two and only two eyes.

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy) Tom and Dick Smothers.

- Name 2 singers (living or deceased) that you like who recorded a song together that you also like a lot but who don't sing together normally. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: Mick Jagger and David Bowie - Dancing In The Street, Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie - Endless Love, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers) Charlotte Church and Josh Groban: The Prayer.

- Now do the opposite of the above. Name 2 singers who always sing or sang together and one of their songs you like a lot. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody, Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe, Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water) My first thought, before I saw the examples, was Sonny and Cher's I Got You Babe.

Fun questions, LauraC! Thanks, and happy new year!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-01-2024 at 12:01 AM..

Old 01-01-2024, 01:46 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,012,486 times
Happy New Year

Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly)

Corned beef and cabbage

Pork and sauerkraut

Pizza must have onions

Old 01-01-2024, 02:26 AM

30,588 posts, read 16,276,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Happy New Year!

THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way<<this I guess.

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly)
burger and fries

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair?
Spenser and Hawk are the best I can think of

blue and maroons

- Who is your all-time favorite human or non-human cartoon or comic book pair? (Example: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Popeye and Olive Oyl)
Scooby and Shaggy

- I have two and only two ___hands_______________.

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy)
Roy Rogers and Dale Evans

Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram-Somewhere Out There

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkI-B2JWSZI

- Now do the opposite of the above. Name 2 singers who always sing or sang together and one of their songs you like a lot. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody, Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe, Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water)

Ian and Sylvia-Four Strong Winds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfTDPhMdTk

Thanks, Laura. Happy New Year, everyone.

Old 01-01-2024, 02:40 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times
Happy 2024! We get an extra day this year-366!! Year of the Dragon!

THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way a pair ent

Mushrooms and onions

Nate the Great and his dog Sludge (a wonderful children's book series)

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan) Black and olive green

Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson I respect your decision for discontinuing Calvin and Hobbes--it was a sad day to read the announcement. We don't keep a lot of things--but we do still have your series on our bookshelf!)

- I have two and only two arms.

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy) Robert Ebert and Gene Siskel

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga--what a lovely pair
https://youtu.be/iTdHQ065A_o?si=gozHqMO8v76dkZYd

Loggins and Messina "Watching the River Run"

^ You are very talented

Old 01-01-2024, 03:19 AM

21,574 posts, read 8,749,478 times
THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent √ This one.
c) Some other way

Hamburgers and french fries
Hot cocoa and marshmallows
Cake and ice cream

Nick and Nora Charles from the "Thin Man" movies.
Black and blue
Rocky and Bullwinkle
- I have two and only two bedrooms_.

The Smothers Brothers
Luciano Pavarotti and Giorgia "Santa Lucia Luntana"

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

Thanks, LauraC!

Old 01-01-2024, 06:45 AM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
Happy New Year!

THE QUESTIONS

a) A pair rent This way
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly) Bacon and eggs.

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair? Beverly Hills Cop, Eddie Murphy and Judge Reinholt.

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan) Navy blue and white.

Boris and Natasha.

- I have two and only two thumbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt_OkgSOrkU

- Now do the opposite of the above. Name 2 singers who always sing or sang together and one of their songs you like a lot. You can post a YouTube video if you like. (Examples: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody, Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe, Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water) The Carpenters

Old 01-01-2024, 08:29 AM

7,380 posts, read 5,495,300 times
B]Happy New Year![/b]

THE QUESTIONS

- How do you pronounce this word: apparent:

a) A pair rent
b) Uh pah rent
c) Some other way

- Name 2 food items that you like that are known for being paired together? (Example: peanut butter and jelly) cheese on almost anything, macaroni and cheese, cheese on hamburgers, sandwiches.

- What pair of fictional detective partners or police officer partners (characters not actors) are your favorite pair? Starsky and Hutch.

- What two color combination (top and bottom worn together) would we find the most of among your clothes? (Example: blue and tan) gray and black.

- Who is your all-time favorite human or non-human cartoon or comic book pair? (Example: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Popeye and Olive Oyl) Garfield.

- I have two and only two car keys ____.

- Name a famous real life duo you like who aren't/weren't musical performers. (Examples: Lewis and Clark, Siegfried and Roy) Siegfried and Roy.

I’ve had the time of my life. From the movie Dirty Dancing. Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes.

The Carpenters. We’ve only just begun.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics