Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 11:21 AM

3,088 posts, read 1,692,120 times

Advertisements

- Do you brush your teeth in the morning before or after you are dressed? Usually before, and definitely after coffee.

- Name a song, book or movie that has a question for a title, then answer the question. (If you get stuck, think of titles that start with who, what, where, when, how) 'Do You Know the Way to San Jose?' Well, yes, I sure do.

- Guess. What do you think you have in your home that no other QOTDer has in their home? A hurricane drinking glass from New Orleans that holds three gallons.

- How would your life change if you had no electricity for one year? Don't think I could do it since I have a heart condition. It's why I dread severe winter storms (loss of power).

- This happened to me twice, yesterday, once when leaving the pharmacy drive-thru and once when leaving a fast food drive-thru. How do you respond when some worker at any type of drive-thru window either tells you “Have a nice day,” when it’s already nighttime or tells you “Have a good night,” when it is the morning? Chances are good that I don't pay enough attention. Late in the shift, they are running on auto-pilot.

Fill in the blanks

Dumb and Dumber.

Exit stage left.

There are too many complications in my life.

Fort Vancouver.

The last thing I put on my face was/were cream.

We're under a weather warning for snow and freezing temperatures. Just took a look outside and there is snow on my car for the first time this winter. We're not getting over freezing until Thursday, so today, a federal holiday for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., means I will be cracking open the hot chocolate, watching TV and the caucus coverage from Iowa, where it's even colder. I've already canceled a doctor appointment for 9:00A. I'm not a snow wuss for driving but I can't walk on ice, anymore, and since people will be home for the holiday, I wouldn't get a parking space in front of my building when I came home. Are you a snow or ice wuss for driving or walking? Do you let the water drip from faucets so your pipes don't freeze? Yes, I am definitely an ice wuss. Where I live, ice is the real threat, and I never walked well in it. Cabinet doors are open and we don't have the faucet dripping anymore, but we did a couple of days ago. The pellet stove has been raging, so the house is toasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 02:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times
THE QUESTIONS

- Do you brush your teeth in the morning before or after you are dressed?
After. I think it's a habit because I don't have to talk to anyone until I walk out of the door.

- Name a song, book or movie that has a question for a title, then answer the question. (If you get stuck, think of titles that start with who, what, where, when, how) Do I Have To Say The Words? Bryan Adams. No, you can write them down or draw pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgnuwR6w8o

- Guess. What do you think you have in your home that no other QOTDer has in their home? Nothing as interesting as most of you. I was going to describe some electronic thing I have but the name doesn't shed any light on what it actually does so instead I'll go with a book by Mary Westmacott who is really Agatha Christie and is an original paperback.

- How would your life change if you had no electricity for one year? Well, I'd probably go to sleep earlier, be forced to keep my blinds open during the day and forget about cold drinks for starters.

- This happened to me twice, yesterday, once when leaving the pharmacy drive-thru and once when leaving a fast food drive-thru. How do you respond when some worker at any type of drive-thru window either tells you “Have a nice day,” when it’s already nighttime or tells you “Have a good night,” when it is the morning? I hand the worker my money. That person in turn hands me my medicine or food. I say "Thank you" and they say something like "Have a good night" at 11:00A or "Have a good day" at 9:30P and I say, "You, too." and then after I pull away from the window, I smack myself in the forehead. The person could have said to me, "I hope you step in dog poop," and I would have said, "You, too."

Fill in the blanks

Dumb bunny. I have no idea how that expression came to be.

Exit, Stage left. (Snagglepuss)

There are too many prescription pills in my life.

Fort Knox.

The last thing I put on my face was/were my glasses after I cleaned them.

We're under a weather warning for snow and freezing temperatures. Just took a look outside and there is snow on my car for the first time this winter. We're not getting over freezing until Thursday, so today, a federal holiday for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., means I will be cracking open the hot chocolate, watching TV and the caucus coverage from Iowa, where it's even colder. I've already canceled a doctor appointment for 9:00A. I'm not a snow wuss for driving but I can't walk on ice, anymore, and since people will be home for the holiday, I wouldn't get a parking space in front of my building when I came home. Are you a snow or ice wuss for driving or walking? Do you let the water drip from faucets so your pipes don't freeze? It's still snowing and yes to both.

Old 01-16-2024, 09:30 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Thanks for the questions

- Do you brush your teeth in the morning before or after you are dressed? Usually after, as in after breakfast if possible.

- Name a song, book or movie that has a question for a title, then answer the question. (If you get stuck, think of titles that start with who, what, where, when, how) How is it we are here (Moody Blues, song after "Question" on Question of Balance) and the answer is, probably, evolution or literally my parents' meeting each other.

- Guess. What do you think you have in your home that no other QOTDer has in their home? What is an QOTDer?

- How would your life change if you had no electricity for one year? Couldn't do my job without a computer.

- This happened to me twice, yesterday, once when leaving the pharmacy drive-thru and once when leaving a fast food drive-thru. How do you respond when some worker at any type of drive-thru window either tells you “Have a nice day,” when it’s already nighttime or tells you “Have a good night,” when it is the morning? "You too."

Fill in the blanks

Dumb luck.

Right and left.

There are too many computer glitches in my life.

Fort Dix, New Jersey.

The last thing I put on my face was/were shaving cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics