Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 03:34 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,120,199 times

Advertisements

Here is where most people read any introduction/preamble. I didn't receive word of the QOTD ending, I read it in the
'What are you thinking about?' thread. Horse hockey.

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed?

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket?

~ What was the last can that you opened?

~ Any 'filters' that you change:

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately?

~ Steak with __________ and ___________.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance?

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox?

~ Any actors that you really like their movies:

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them:

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube:

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant:

Doing the QOTD is easy enough for most anyone to do. Don't be afraid to pitch in! Thank you for your answers
and have a great and safe week ahead! ~roosty~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 05:44 AM

35,018 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Here is where most people read any introduction/preamble. I didn't receive word of the QOTD ending, I read it in the 'What are you thinking about?' thread. Horse hockey. I read about it. It was one person's speculation. One regular has stopped posting and Monday's announced she needs replacement at end of April. That's hardly "ending." I've filled in once or twice when BeerGeek40 vamoosed.

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed? My wife and I went for an "all you can eat" Japanese food outing

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? At my wife's family's beach house in the Hamptons, or on the nearby Long Island Sound

~ What was the last can that you opened? Soup I guess.

~ Any 'filters' that you change: Coffee, but my perk pot has it built in.

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? For about a year I had a slow leak; had to replace tire.

~ Steak with Onions and Mushrooms.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? Pretty much; my wife handles that

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? Oh yes, two vigorous local races

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: Not that I can think of; I watch the movie not the actor

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: Salad, and spaghetti sauce

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: Videos people send me (too many)

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: Veal picante

Doing the QOTD is easy enough for most anyone to do. Don't be afraid to pitch in! I have on occasion but like your questions. Thank you for your answers You are welcome
and have a great and safe week ahead! ~roosty~ How's Kitty doing? Someone brought theirs to our office yesterday

Old 03-22-2024, 05:46 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Here is where most people read any introduction/preamble. I didn't receive word of the QOTD ending, I read it in the
- Not enough volunteers and it's overall too repetitive.

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed? - Lobster dinner last night.

My brother is in my area for a couple of days and he insisted I order what I want.

That was the highlight but I enjoyed everything.

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? - Not close by...

~ What was the last can that you opened? - Hummm. I don't remember. It's been a while.

~ Any 'filters' that you change: - I got an oil change yesterday. My oil filter was changed.

Edit - I didn't personally change that...

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? - Yes, about 2 months ago. Twenty bucks for a plug.

~ Steak with __________ and ___________. - N/A

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? - I guess. Medicare has been good to me so far but I feel it's still expensive and it could be better.

. Dental is healthcare in my view but not enough politicians think so...

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? - Not recently. My brother said Florida had early voting this week. Our primary election isn't until mid-May.

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: - N/A. I'm not a movie buff.

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: - Salads.

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: - All kinds of stuff especially music.

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: Chicken parmigiana w/mushrooms, light on the marinara sauce.

Doing the QOTD is easy enough for most anyone to do. Don't be afraid to pitch in! - I did it once per week for 1.5 years. I'll refrain from commenting further except to say a lot of us have busy schedules...

Thank you for your answers
- Thanks.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:49 AM

5,575 posts, read 6,501,669 times

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? No, I live in the central part of my state. Unless you count landscaping businesses. Then yes.

~ What was the last can that you opened? Tomato soup.

~ Any 'filters' that you change: 2 HVAC filters in my LR and bedroom ceilings.

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? I have not received a digital notification on my car's Information system.

~ Steak with ___mashed potatoes_______ and _Caesar salad__________.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? Yes.

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? From local candidates of the other party.

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: NA

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: NA

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: Animal videos and job related videos, such as carpet cleaners and organizers.

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: NA

Doing the QOTD is easy enough for most anyone to do. Don't be afraid to pitch in! Thank you for your answers

Old 03-22-2024, 06:03 AM

30,501 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
That would be me that made the comment. It was just a 'wondering if' thing. Only 2 people commented on it on that thread.

breakfast treat

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket?
no

~ What was the last can that you opened?
cat food

~ Any 'filters' that you change:
water, air filter, furnace

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? nope

~ Steak with ____onions ______ and _Worcestershire sauce__________. Not really into steak tho.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance?
very

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox?
not too much

~ Any actors that you really like their movies:
not into movies. Couldn't tell you the names of 3 actors.

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them:
tuna, burger, pizza

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube:
lately have enjoyed zoetropes and historical figures brought to life

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant:

stuffed shells please, and a salad

only heard (saw) one person mention fear.

Thanks, roosty

Old 03-22-2024, 06:46 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed? Pizza from I different place than I normally get.

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? Maybe by the river.

~ What was the last can that you opened? Tomato sauce

~ Any 'filters' that you change: furnace

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? no

~ Steak with baked potato and salad.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? Yes

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? Yes

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: Tom Hanks. Leonardo DiCaprio. Meryl Streep.

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: a little bit in tacos or other Mexican dishes. BLT’s.

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: lifestyle fashion. Travel.

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: Rigatoni pasta with marinara sauce and some good cheese grated on top. Garlic bread.

Thank you!

Old 03-22-2024, 06:53 AM

126,267 posts, read 19,036,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed?.........Spicy green lentils soup with rotis, cucumber/green chile raita, onion/tomato slices and lime pickle

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket?........No

~ What was the last can that you opened?....... Tomato paste

~ Any 'filters' that you change:...... Furnace filter today

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? .......No

~ Steak with DILL BUTTER and ROASTED CORN

~ Are you happy with your health insurance?........Yes

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox?........ Whenever voting time comes around

~ Any actors that you really like their movies:.....A few

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them:...... Pumpernickel bread with butter, tomato slices and chopped chive

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube:..... Whenever someone sends me a funny or animal link

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: .........Melanzane alla Parmigiana.

Thank you roosty! Now time to get ready for a 20 cm snowfall today and throughout the night!

Old 03-22-2024, 07:42 AM

43 posts, read 21,362 times

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed? Crab legs!

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? Yes, my entire yard.

~ What was the last can that you opened? This was hard, I eat mostly fresh, whole foods. It had to be crushed tomatoes when I was making spaghetti sauce.

~ Any 'filters' that you change: vacuum cleaner, HVAC

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? Not answering that on grounds it may jinx me!

~ Steak with nothing and salad. I'm a steak purist, nothing on it, just a salad accompanying it.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? Yes, love it.

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? Not a single piece. The secret is "No Party Affiliation."

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: Don't watch movies, don't know any contemporary actors.

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: Tomatoes don't taste good anymore, I stopped adding them to sandwiches and salads years ago. Now I avoid them altogether or just eat the little cherry tomatoes as a snack, even most of them are tasteless too.

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: animal videos, travel, healthy lifestyle, history - and some pretty obscure channels like a guy who collects plastic chairs (he has over 5k of them!), a worm farmer, and a 91yo grandmom.

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: chicken picatta, angel hair, salad, lots of pecorino romano cheese

Thanks, rainroosty!

Old 03-22-2024, 07:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed? BBQd salmon with a toasted sesame marinade

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? Only in the 60 lb. bags that I put in the bed of my truck in winter.

~ What was the last can that you opened? Tomato paste and canned fire-roasted tomatoes when making soup.

~ Any 'filters' that you change: Refrigerator water filter, car oil, fuel and air filters, furnace filter.

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately? Only on my riding mower.

~ Steak with __potatoes________ and __broccoli_________.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? Yes, quite happy.

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? No, none yet.

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: Rowan Atkinson, Tom Hanks, Nastassja Kinski, Kelly LeBrock

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: BLT, burgers, hot dogs, tuna sandwich.

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: Old British comedies like Father Ted, Vicar of Dibley and Keeping Up Appearances.

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: Veal Parmigiana, garlic bread, salad with creamy feta dressing, glass of a good Pinot Grigio.

Old 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Here is where most people read any introduction/preamble. I didn't receive word of the QOTD ending, I read it in the 'What are you thinking about?' thread. Horse hockey. Agree.

~ What did you eat during this last week that you enjoyed? I usually get take-out (2 meals) once a week on the same day from a restaurant and they each come with 2 sides. I only eat 1 side with each meal because it's enough. So, I eat the other 2 remaining sides on a third night with either soup, a salad or an appetizer. Last night I had steak and broccoli. Tonight, I'll have pork chops and a baked sweet potato. Saturday night, I'll have the remaining 2 side orders of mac and cheese, maybe with soup. I don't eat breakfast and if I eat lunch, I have it around 2:00P and then I usually don't eat dinner. The rest of the week, I'll eat whatever I don't have to cook much or at all like pancakes, soup, some type of quick pasta, pizza or fast food. Last night, the steak and broccoli was good.

~ Is there any sand near your home...enough that you can grab a bucket if you had a bucket? No sand.

~ What was the last can that you opened? Tomato paste.

~ Any 'filters' that you change: Nope. Maintenance man does the air filter in the apartment and car dealership does the car.

~ Today's jinx question: Have you had a tire go low on air lately?

~ Steak with broccoli and any kind of potato except french fries.

~ Are you happy with your health insurance? Yes, except when they scam you (by them and politicians) and say your rates are cheaper now. What they do is switch you to a cheaper brand and sometimes those cheaper brands have bad customer reviews because of side effects.

~ Have you been receiving political mail in your mailbox? It never ends. Every single politician, even ones I vote for, who contacts me in email goes into junk mail automatically because they are immediately put on Block Sender the first time they contact me. On my phone, every single one of them is blocked and goes to spam. My phone does it automatically. In snail mail, there is a garbage can by the mailbox kiosk. I walk from my mailbox to the garbage can if it's a catalogue or political mail. I don't even open it or bring it into my home. I'm politically active every day. I give 3 politicians, donations once a month during election season and follow everything they say or do. I don't need for them to contact me and really get annoyed at the ones looking for money that do not represent me because they are in another state. Try contacting their office via email on their government website. You can't if you aren't in their state or district. The party can take their fake surveys and shove them, too.

~ Any actors that you really like their movies: There are some that make the type of movies I like and others that don't. No reflection on the actor. It's just my taste in movies. Example: Since I rarely watch comedies, I'm unlikely to know the actors who make them.

~ Things that you eat with tomato in or on them: Don't eat tomatoes at all but do like things made from them like sauce, ketchup, soup, juice.

~ Stuff that you sometimes watch on YouTube: Watch YouTube every night for hours, sometimes. Watch pet rescue videos (subscribe to about 6 different ones), photography videos (subscribe to 4), political videos (several including live speeches), music mix videos, Best and Worst places videos, whatever became of type videos and medical videos (but never finish these, doctors may be good in their field but they are the worst at making videos, IMHO).

~ Place your order at the good Italian restaurant: chicken parm with spaghetti dinner and house salad.

Doing the QOTD is easy enough for most anyone to do. Don't be afraid to pitch in! Thank you for your answers and have a great and safe week ahead! ~roosty~

Last edited by LauraC; 03-22-2024 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics