Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 04:02 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,120,199 times

Advertisements

Happy Oktoberfest, Happy Thanksgiving to all! PROST!
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up?

~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards?

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL!

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all!

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what
you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one!

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it?

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else?

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true!

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in
the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those
little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need!

~ I need to calm down...I'm all excited here and it's 5:49 in the morning! It's still dark outside! I'm all by myself cause Kitty just walked by the place where I'm sitting, he meowed and kept walking.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible!

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff!

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game?

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'?

**** Have a great Fryday every one of you, you're the sweetest people anywhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 04:18 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards? - Never. I can afford a professional cut once every 6-7 weeks or so...

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! - I get my eyebrows done too, $10.00 at a nail salon I frequent. Unlike most today I am big on grooming, I do it for myself.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! - No room here.

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one! - Pass, not my thing.

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? - Chocolate glazed. I don't make a habit of it.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? - Rarely a patron.

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true!

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need! - Not for me!

~ I need to calm down...I'm all excited here and it's 5:49 in the morning! It's still dark outside! I'm all by myself cause Kitty just walked by the place where I'm sitting, he meowed and kept walking.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! - Working. It should be less hectic than yesterday was...

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! - Pass.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? - When I used to go nothing except sometimes a bottle of water. I haven't been in almost 10 years. Money ruined professional sports for me...

Fighting is a big turnoff.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? - I know the game very well. The first time I ever went I went alone, way back in the mid-1970s. I pretty much figured everything out in a short time.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:48 AM

30,506 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up?

~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards?
used to. My hair has stopped growing so no need now.

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL!
never have trimmed them at all.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all!

a little spinet would fit nicely but nobody here to play it.

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what
no but sounds nice.

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it?
been so long I don't remember. Probably a kruller (aka tractor tire) cuz they were my favorite.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else?
I imagine the really good ones will hold out. The little mom pop real home cooking ones are disappearing way too fast.

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in
the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those
pass. Too greasy.

can't imagine being that excited so early in the morning.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible!
haven't decided yet. I know a trip to the PO is a must-do, and to walmart for cat food. I'm almost out of His Highness Pest's favorite.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff!
only thing I've seen him in is Beverly Hills Cop. I liked the movie.

Hockey-let's see. I think that's the on e they use sticks on a little gizmo to try to get it in a net. If they fail they use the sticks on other players.

I don't watch many sports and hockey in one of them.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'?
I know what icing it-the stuff you put on a cake! and if nobody's looking you lick the bowl out.

Thanks, roosty.

have a great day, all

Old 10-06-2023, 04:49 AM

61,667 posts, read 87,041,175 times

Always.Trimming, cutting, coloring, fancy hairdo... I do it better than a Beauty Shop

Why?

It fits

Not that close, but I live on a beach, so fishing possibilities are just few feet away

I don't remember. It was decades ago.

Some just didn't survive COVID

Not possible?

No German or European food store in your location? You could fit them on a baguette

A little excitement is a good start of a day.

Right now waiting for delivery of a home ladder l purchased yesterday. Later will do little weekend shopping and go for a walk. The weather is gorgeous here!

In a movie, many years ago. Don't remember the title.

I watch hockey games at home, but I don't really snack between meals. Perhaps a fruit bowl?

I read about the rules long time ago. Without knowing the rules watching it would be kinda pointless?

You too, roosty!
Have an exciting weekend!!

Old 10-06-2023, 05:08 AM

61,667 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Octoberfest is over now.
Sat, Sept. 16 at noon till Tue, Oct. 3, 2023

Just a reminder:
Next year it will be from September 21 to October 6, 2024.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:13 AM

37,799 posts, read 40,996,819 times

No

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! With a scissor? No.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! No.

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one! Never did that.

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? Raspberry filled about 3 weeks ago.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? We didn't have many good ones to start with and the last one that came in is way too upscale for this town.

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true! Tim Horton's is a chain all over Canada, isn't it? I think there are some in the Northeast, here in the US, too,

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need!

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! I'm on my way out to take photos as soon as it's daylight which is closer to 8:00A. I was out yesterday and can you believe in freakin' October, I got my first Tennessee mosquito bite of 2023 on my finger and it's itching like all get out right now.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! SNL and Beverly Hills Cop. Not much of a movie comedy fan but I like him.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? Same stuff you would eat at a baseball game.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? We had an Eastern Hockey League team (before we had the NY Islanders NHL team), that my dad used to take me to see in the 1960s called The Long Island Ducks. Their team used to play in a town not far from where I lived when I was growing up. Lots of brawling. It was fun. Anything I didn't pick up there, I learned from watching NY Islander games on TV and in person about 10 - 15 years later.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:41 AM

126,267 posts, read 19,036,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I have 3 bags of my salty Bavarian pretzels arriving here today and more than plenty of beir and foods! Hey Alm! When do we officially start this thing up? ................. OKTOBERFEST is officially from Sep 16 to Oct 3 and I hosted OKTOBERFEST last week

~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards? ...............I cut my own hair since years

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL!............. Haven't done that

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? ............. Easily
Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all!

you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one!..................Just at a lake and large pond

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it?...............This summer at Tim Hortons a Bavarian cream

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else?...........Not really, probably couldn't afford the place no longer

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true!.............On road trips I have there a soup and herb everything bagel and a cup of coffee

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible!............ Getting ready for our Canadian Thanksgiving

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! ..........No

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'?.............My son

Thank you roosty

Old 10-06-2023, 05:55 AM

1,846 posts, read 831,483 times
~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards? Did a couple of years ago (number 4 all over).

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! Pass, it's bad enough with the mirror.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! Not a chance. On the second floor and both fron and exit door have railings in front of them.

you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one! Stayed at a house in Galveston with a fishing deck on the second floor, but you could also go out onto the roof and fish from there.

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? Umm, the sugar donuts with Nutella filling. Can't remember the name, but it's either Korean or Chinese.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? Sort of. To much competition from the big chains.

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! Work, work all week long. Maybe a bike ride.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! Plenty of movies.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? Hot dog and whatever drink is cheapest.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? The internet.

Old 10-06-2023, 06:02 AM

9,720 posts, read 14,257,964 times
My invitation must have been lost in the mail.

Yes

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! I wouldn't do that.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! Yes

~ Have you ever lived or stayed anywhere that you could go fishing through your bedroom window? You don't know what you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one!
Yes, on a Cabin Party Fishing Boat, many years ago.

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it?Bavarian Cream

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? I haven't noticed.

~ I know when someone tells me Almrausch ate at this Horton guys restaurant I'm not gonna believe it...cause it ain't true! ?

~ SO...we're going to have some sausages to eat this month and yes it's gonna happen but the thing is I don't where in the heck I'm gonna find them?! And buns? Your not fitting one of big ass German style sausages on one of those little supermarket buns! Loaded up with onions and all that stuff you need!
Not my thing

I have things under control. Homecoming Parade comes by here tonight, and the party is on my front porch. I'm leaving here soon to buy seasonal napkins, plates, cups etc. Then I'm baking some more cookies, and around 4 p.m. I'll order 4 large cheese pizzas and 4 pepperoni pizzas from Grotto Pizza. But first, I have some housekeeping chores to take care of. Porch is all decorated with orange lights and 8 big pots of mums, and I'm going to our local fruit farm before noon to buy a few large bags of fresh popped caramel corn. Drinks are cooling in the fridge. Parade starts at 6 p.m. All are Welcome !!!!

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! I know a lot of people like him. I really don't.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? Ice Hockey or Field Hockey? I only go to Field Hockey games at our high school. I don't eat while I'm there.

~ When watching the hockey game, who first told you what the hell they're talking about when they call, 'Icing!'? ???
Thanks, Roosty.

Last edited by rdlr; 10-06-2023 at 06:35 AM..

Old 10-06-2023, 06:20 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times

~ Do you ever do your trimming or cutting of your hair yourself at home...in the mirror, backwards? I trim my bangs but not backwards

~ Can you manage to trim your eyebrows with a scissor while looking into a mirror? It's almost impossible! LOL! I probably could, never tried.

~ Could you fit a piano in your home somehow? Even if it's in your way a bit, I don't mind at all! no

you're missing! It wakes you up at night when you get a big one! No

~ Speaking of Doughnuts...when's the last kind of doughnut you have had? What kind? Huh? What kind was it? It’s been awhile, glazed donut.

~ Did anyone here ever figure out if all the good restaurants are closing up shop forever or is it something else? I like it depends on where you live, population, etc…

So, Fryday. What's going on for you today? Anything or everything? I have so much to do that I can't do it all. It's not possible! We are going to fall fest weekend at our camping place.

~ Did you ever get to see Eddie Murphy? On stage or in a movie? Wow, that guy had it all going great! Funny stuff! I like Eddie Murphy.

~ Things that you eat and drink at the hockey game? No clue, never been to a hockey game.

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics