Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 03:20 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

Hey, hi...it is time to turn another page on the good ol' Gregorian!

~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)?

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.)

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news?

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it?

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard?

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo?

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew?

~ Have you ever eaten hummus?

~ Things that have a 'skin':

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush':

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand?

~ Things associated with Texas:

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)?

**** Enjoy the cooler weather, cool cats! May your laundry turn out really nice! ****
****** Thank you for checking in! ******
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 03:53 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)? - Pizza

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? - Nope

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? - Too much. I need to cut back as it depresses me.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? - Never happened.

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard? - N/A

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? - Nope.

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew? - None since I've been in my current apartment.

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? - I love hummus. Garlic, please.

~ Things that have a 'skin': - Potato

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': - miners

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? - Nope. It's been over 20 years since I had any food delivered. I like to cook / put my own meals together, like my deluxe salads.
Except an occasional pizza I never do the carryout thing either.

~ Things associated with Texas: - Heat

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? - Nothing.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:00 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,226,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
seems like we just did that.

~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)?
none. I'd rather wash a cookie sheet or some such than clean the oven.

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.)
no and I can't think of anything else to write.

vaguely. I know that Eisenhower isn't president any more.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it?
yes. I don't remember where but it was a gazillion miles too long and actually sat on the water. and swayed with the water. Surprisingly it is possible to get seasick on land.

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard?
yes-a sidewalk to the road.

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo?

a few plastic flamingos here and there. In my yard it's hippos (now there's a surprise) which have all been put away for the winter.

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew?
table lamp in the living room.

some. not overly impressed.

onions, people, pudding

greed, money, optimism

nope

desert, heat, lousy lawyers (I know they're not all lousy but the one who 'helped' settle my sister's estate sure was so that's my association)

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)?
nothing. a few magnets on the side-Maine stuff mostly

**** Enjoy the cooler weather, cool cats! May your laundry turn out really nice! ****

thanks, roosty. my cats are nice and warm and toasty.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

frozen pizza, garlic bread come to mind.

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.) No

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? Yes, all day long, just about.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? No. More nervous about long tunnels.

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard? N/A

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? Yes.

The bulb in the lamp where I read gets replaced the most.

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? No.

~ Things that have a 'skin': people, fruit, potatoes, animals

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': Sutter's Mill, California, sifting pans, iron pyrite (fools gold)

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? No. They're all online.

~ Things associated with Texas: Texas Rangers, Waylon Jennings, Greg Abbott, Rick Perry, George Bush, Sam Houston, The Alamo, David Koresh and the Branch Dividians, The Riverwalk in San Antonio, illegal immigration, big steaks, line dancing, Buddy Holly, JFK assassination, Southfork Ranch, Matthew McConaughy, Willie Nelson, Galveston Hurricane (the big one), took in Louisiana's Katrina victims who lost their homes, LBJ and Lady Bird, Aransas NWR, cattle ranches, Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Texas Hold 'em poker, heat, Roy Orbison, manly men, oil wells, All My Ex's Live In Texas song, George Strait, rodeo, Kenny Rogers, Dallas Cowboys, Charles Whitman, "Houston, we have a problem," Rio Grande river, bluebonnet flowers, my sister.

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? magnets

Old 10-01-2021, 04:59 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)? Frozen pizza and baked potatoes

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.) I used to have one, but now I don’t need one.

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? I’m bad about local news. I stopped the newspaper and forget to look online. We watch the national news on TV.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? I’m a bit nervous, but not too bad.

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard? No sidewalk but pavers in the back yard...a patio and a path.

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? I have seen those.

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew? I just took out a blinking led bulb in the kitchen, 30 seconds ago.

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? Sure. I like the flavored kind, like Greek or roasted pepper.

~ Things that have a 'skin': fruit

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': panning for gold

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? Yes, Chinese

~ Things associated with Texas: Cowboys

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? A few magnets, a calendar and a pen for keeping track of appointments, a few pictures.

Old 10-01-2021, 05:50 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hey, hi...it is time to turn another page on the good ol' Gregorian! Time flies and roosty I noticed you titled your October questions with a "K"

~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)? None

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.) No I have not

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? I listen to evening news

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? Not too much

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard? No sidewalk,just a pathway leading to my front and back property with a finished large backyard patio

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? I saw a few gnomes,pink flamingos,herons, and other stone critters

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew? It was early this year we put a new LED bulb in the kitchen ceiling light fixture

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? Yes love the taste and texture

~ Things that have a 'skin': Fruit and vegetables

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': Klondike Gold Rush in the Yukon Territory in 1896 ( I knew my Canadian history lessons would pay off sometime )

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? No

~ Things associated with Texas: I have in-laws living in Dallas

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? At the moment some pictures and magnets and my grocery shopping list for tomorrow

Thank you roosty and a terrific first weekend in Oktober for everyone!

Old 10-01-2021, 05:51 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Good morning too all!

Frozen pizza

We have two

I try to watch the local news program each day. Sometimes it's just overbearing, so I turn the channel.

My wife gets this feeling.

Sidewalk

Yes and yes

Flood light in the back yard. It was one of those expensive LED ones.

Nope

People, fruit, pudding after a night on the fridge.

49'ers, panning, mining towns

No, we look online.

The Alamo!!!, Rio Grande, Dallas Cowboys, JFK assassination, my friend Rob.

All of the travel destination souvenir magnets from our travel trailer.

Have a terrific day everyone!

Old 10-01-2021, 06:43 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)? Yes, things like squash and that. Most of the time I use a sheet or other vessel.

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.) I have an electric griddle that I do not use because of the nonstick and having a parrot, it can be a lethal combination. I also have a cast iron griddle that sets over two burners. I use that from time to time.

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? I do. Certain areas of news.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? Not in recent memory.

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard? Yes.

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? I have. I have toyed with the idea of putting some pink flamingos out front.

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew? It was a while ago. In the bathroom. I replaced it with a LED bulb.

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? Yes, last Sunday.

~ Things that have a 'skin': Potatoes

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': Greed, everyone thinking they’re going to get rich, quick.

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? No. I go online to order.

~ Things associated with Texas: Decent music.

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? Magnets and may be a picture or two.

Today is supposed to be beautiful. Need to get a haircut and I plan to work on my tractor this morning. Also plan to do some construction work this weekend.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:25 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)? I always use something

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? yes, the gas stove has a center griddle, We changed it out for cast iron and use it a lot.

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? yes, but during the last month not as much.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? nope, just close your eyes and drive on

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathways on your property or in your yard?a walkway to the front door

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? still do

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew? in my workshop. LED's don't always last as long as they claim

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? no

~ Things that have a 'skin': pudding

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': pan

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? no, nothing nearby

~ Things associated with Texas: long horns

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? condemants

Old 10-01-2021, 07:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Wow, thank you, rainroosty!

~ What foods do you cook in the oven directly on the oven rack (not on a cookie sheet or something)? Pizza sometimes. That's about it. And I don't bake pizza like that all the time.

~ Have you ever owned a griddle? (You're supposed to write an answer here other than just yes or no.) Yes, and I used it but now I rarely use it.

~ Do you pretty much keep somewhat in touch with the latest news? Yes, pretty much. I check the news from various sources at least once a day, sometimes more if I know something biggety is going on.

~ Have you ever been driving and came to a big bridge that you had to drive across and you were pretty bothered by it? Oh my gosh, yes, I used to have to cross a bridge in Baltimore that always freaked me out. I would think "OK, so if the bridge fell when I was on it, I could only save one of my kids - would I do it?" I decided that no, I couldn't do that so I'd just find the air bubble with them and we'd all die together.

~ Have you any sidewalk or paving stones or pathway on your property or in your yard? Yes, I have a sidewalk connected to my driveway and it goes to my front door. I really like it. I also have a big patio out back with a brick walkway and I like that too.

~ Do you recall ever seeing a 'lawn jockey' or any plastic animals on someone's lawn? How about a plastic pink flamingo? There is a house in I think Louisiana that I used to pass all the time when I was visiting relatives in Arkansas and it had a lawn jockey outside. I was always appalled by it but also found it humorous. I mean, the house was sort of nice but that lawn jockey...OMG...

~ The last light bulb that burned out inside or outside of your home...and which bulb was it that blew? I believe it was a light bulb in a night light so I had to go buy a package of night light bulbs, which are very low wattage by the way.

~ Have you ever eaten hummus? All the time. In fact, I need some more.

~ Things that have a 'skin': Fruit.

~ Things associated with 'the gold rush': Gloves, a shallow pan, jeans.

~ Do you keep any delivery menus on hand? No.

~ Things associated with Texas: OMG that's where I live. Lone stars. Armadillos. Shiner Bock beer. Austin. The Alamo. I could go on and on with this! But I won't.

~ What sort of things might we find on your refrigerator/freezer door ( on the outside of it)? Magnets from all over the world, from various travels through the years. Also magnets from when my kids were small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics