Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 09:27 PM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times

Advertisements

THE QUESTIONS

1) Do you know anyone named April?
In your opinion, is April a current baby name or an old one?

2) Make up a two line (or more) rhyme using the word “fool” for one of the rhyming words.

3) When you think of April, the month, what are some things that come to mind?

4) What is the last government (federal, state or local) website you visited? Did you find what you were looking for?

5) Who are the most famous animals (one fictional and one real) that you can think of?

1. Fictional:
2. Real:

In a February 5 Monday QOTD, I asked about foot bridges that you have been on that dip when you walk on them. How do you feel about foot bridges where there are spaces between the planks, nothing to hold onto when you walk across them, glass bottom foot bridges that crack as you step on them, horizontal planks so far apart that you have to leap to the next one and being short (short legs) is a definite disadvantage, a high rope (to hold onto) and a low rope (to step on) is the bridge?

6) Take a look at this YouTube Video of 10 scary foot bridges that people actually use and tell me if you would walk over any of them. The guy in the cover photo looks a little bit too short in the legs for that particular bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAedXr9SkM

My last QOTD will be Monday, April 22, 2024. If you would like to take over the Monday Questions as of April 29, please send me a Direct Message. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 10:44 PM

21,535 posts, read 8,719,477 times
THE QUESTIONS

Not personally, no.

I'd say it's an old one.

2) Make up a two line (or more) rhyme using the word “fool” for one of the rhyming words.
You'd be a silly fool
If you didn't go to school

I think of Abraham Lincoln, who was assassinated on April 14.
An old friend of mine has a birthday on April 15.

4) What is the last government (federal, state or local) website you visited? Did you find what you were looking for?
I was on the California DMV site to download an application form for a disabled parking placard. Yes, I found it.

5) Who are the most famous animals (one fictional and one real) that you can think of?

1. Fictional: Lassie
2. Real: Fala (Franklin D. Roosevelt's Scottish Terrier)

In a February 5 Monday QOTD, I asked about foot bridges that you have been on that dip when you walk on them. How do you feel about foot bridges where there are spaces between the planks, nothing to hold onto when you walk across them, glass bottom foot bridges that crack as you step on them, horizontal planks so far apart that you have to leap to the next one and being short (short legs) is a definite disadvantage, a high rope (to hold onto) and a low rope (to step on) is the bridge?
I'm afraid of heights, so I hope I never have to find out how I'd feel about any of those bridges in the video. The last scary bridge I crossed was the Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver, B.C.
6) Take a look at this YouTube Video of 10 scary foot bridges that people actually use and tell me if you would walk over any of them. The guy in the cover photo looks a little bit too short in the legs for that particular bridge.

Thank you, LauraC!

Old 04-01-2024, 12:42 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) Do you know anyone named April? One in Paris.
In your opinion, is April a current baby name or an old one? Olden.

Some days I think I'm really cool,
But in reality I'm just a plain 'ol fool....

3) When you think of April, the month, what are some things that come to mind? Son's birthday, jokes, nice weather.

4) What is the last government (federal, state or local) website you visited? Did you find what you were looking for? Lost money on Arizona's website, no money for me.

1. Fictional: King Kong
2. Real: Shamu

6) Take a look at this YouTube Video of 10 scary foot bridges that people actually use and tell me if you would walk over any of them. The guy in the cover photo looks a little bit too short in the legs for that particular bridge. I'm too old and wobbly to even try.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:23 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
1) Do you know anyone named April? - Used to (former in-law).

In your opinion, is April a current baby name or an old one? - No idea.

2) Make up a two line (or more) rhyme using the word “fool” for one of the rhyming words. - There's a fool by the pool embarrassing himself as he stares and drools.

3) When you think of April, the month, what are some things that come to mind? - Warmer weather, less clothes to wear when outside.

4) What is the last government (federal, state or local) website you visited? Did you find what you were looking for? - Downloaded and printed off a copy of my Social Security earnings for tax purposes.

1. Fictional: - Dino (The Flintstone's pet dinosaur)
2. Real: - Lassie

- Too old for that!

Thanks, Laura!

Old 04-01-2024, 04:52 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
THE QUESTIONS

1) Do you know anyone named April? I had a former coworker named April.

She is in her 50's or 60's now...so old maybe?

Maybe I am a fool,
for thinking the glass is half full.

April showers bring may flowers

Anniversary of the sinking of the titanic

Tax day

IRS - Yes

1. Fictional: Garfield or Snoopy
2. Real: Grumpy Cat

Oh, heck no!!!! No way! I am afraid of heights! Those seem like very bad ideas to me!

Omg~can't get past the first minute of the video....it's setting off my fear of heights for some reason.
My last QOTD will be Monday, April 22, 2024. If you would like to take over the Monday Questions as of April 29, please send me a Direct Message. Thank you.
Thanks for the questions!

Old 04-01-2024, 05:12 AM

1,366 posts, read 612,242 times
THE QUESTIONS

###

### Old

### Nothing is cool…..being a fool

### Showers and flowers

### N/A

1. Fictional: Bugs Bunny
2. Real: Leo the Lion, roaring in MGM’s logo

### Think it would give me vertigo

###

### THX, LauraC

Old 04-01-2024, 05:44 AM

126,267 posts, read 19,036,909 times
Quote:
THE QUESTIONS

1) Do you know anyone named April? ..............Yes my friends daughter is called April
In your opinion, is April a current baby name or an old one? ..............No idea

.......She was texting with her cellphone when she fell in the pool,
everybody was laughing and she felt like a fool!

3) When you think of April, the month, what are some things that come to mind?.........The birth month of my son,spring flowers

4) What is the last government (federal, state or local) website you visited? Did you find what you were looking for?............Canadian Revenue Canada website

1. Fictional: ................Baloo the bear
2. Real: ................Flipper

In a February 5 Monday QOTD, I asked about foot bridges that you have been on that dip when you walk on them. How do you feel about foot bridges where there are spaces between the planks, nothing to hold onto when you walk across them, glass bottom foot bridges that crack as you step on them, horizontal planks so far apart that you have to leap to the next one and being short (short legs) is a definite disadvantage, a high rope (to hold onto) and a low rope (to step on) is the bridge?............Now I wouldn't even consider going on one of those

THank you Laura

Old 04-01-2024, 05:53 AM

30,501 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
THE QUESTIONS

1) Do you know anyone named April? only in a movie

no idea

only a fool would be cruel

flowers, my dad's birthday, end of winter

local for recycling hours-yes.

1. Fictional: Godzilla
2. Real: Fiona

there isn't one of those I'd even think of crossing

we'll miss you.

Thanks, LauraC

Old 04-01-2024, 06:41 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times
1) Do you know anyone named April? No
In your opinion, is April a current baby name or an old one? No, old

Only a fool uses the wrong tools.

3) When you think of April, the month, what are some things that come to mind? Rain. Spring.

1. Fictional: Mickey Mouse
2. Real: Punxsutawney Phil

I wouldn’t be keen, but I could cross them if I had to, and have in the past.

6) Take a look at this YouTube Video of 10 scary foot bridges that people actually use and tell me if you would walk over any of them. The guy in the cover photo looks a little bit too short in the legs for that particular bridge. I like I could.

Thank you!

Old 04-01-2024, 06:59 AM

50,349 posts, read 63,928,555 times
THE QUESTIONS

In your opinion, is April a current baby name or an old one? I don’t know anyone named April, old or young.

Have a jewel.
April Fool!

3) When you think of April, the month, what are some things that come to mind? My mother’s birthday was March 31, and my Dads was April 2, so they were easy to remember. My birthday is in April, too.

4) What is the last government (federal, state or local) website you visited? Did you find what you were looking for? I was at the Georgia website, looking up a pending Bill.

1. Fictional: Winnie the Pooh
2. Real: Shamu

In a February 5 Monday QOTD, I asked about foot bridges that you have been on that dip when you walk on them. How do you feel about foot bridges where there are spaces between the planks, nothing to hold onto when you walk across them, glass bottom foot bridges that crack as you step on them, horizontal planks so far apart that you have to leap to the next one and being short (short legs) is a definite disadvantage, a high rope (to hold onto) and a low rope (to step on) is the bridge? No way.

6) Take a look at this YouTube Video of 10 scary foot bridges that people actually use and tell me if you would walk over any of them. The guy in the cover photo looks a little bit too short in the legs for that particular bridge. Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics