Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 03:46 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times

Advertisements

Hello to all and thank you!

~ Do you ever consider cutting back on the amount of time that you use the Internet?

~ Have you any idea how much money that you spend at the grocery store, weekly or monthly?

~ Where do you buy any new clothing to wear?

~ What kind of cake and frosting should you and I buy at the supermarket to bake at home?

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen? And with what cheese and bread?

~ Do you have a Amazon Fire stick or similar device attached to your television? Wireless service?

~ Do you know of someone named Aubrey Plaza?

~ Is there ever noise in your home?

~ Noises that you hear outside you home from the inside:

~ Noises that you really dislike:

~ Things that you very much like:

**** Thank you for any concern for me and sorry for missing last Fryday. I am one month into taking a new
prescription drug that is supposed to make changes to me, Really weird! It is called Citalopram.
I think my kitty Buttercup will die very soon. He is 18 years old and being well cared for! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 04:24 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
~ Do you ever consider cutting back on the amount of time that you use the Internet? - Nope.

~ Have you any idea how much money that you spend at the grocery store, weekly or monthly? - Not going to worry about it...

~ Where do you buy any new clothing to wear? - Prefer high end stores. My favorite and the best clothing store I have ever been to is Dillard's. Sadly there are none in my area as the closest location to me is in Richmond, VA.

The location I went to my one and only time is in your area. Bring money, LOL.

~ What kind of cake and frosting should you and I buy at the supermarket to bake at home? - Something I haven't done in ages. I have no one to share with.

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen? And with what cheese and bread? - Pass on all.

~ Do you have a Amazon Fire stick or similar device attached to your television? Wireless service? - Don't at this time but who knows whenever I move out of here. Thinking very strongly about that since I have to make a decision soon whether I want to renew my lease or not. At this time I'm leaning no. I'm currently being tempted with very affordable housing in this city that would be a palace compared to what I currently have...

~ Do you know of someone named Aubrey Plaza? - Don't.

~ Is there ever noise in your home? - Only the ceiling fan from my neighbor which I am hearing right now. That used to be a problem but isn't anymore. I was forced to get my landlord involved because she is very unreasonable. One noise I will not miss!

~ Noises that you hear outside you home from the inside: - In the seldom category are people talking and ambulances as there is a hospital about 1/3 of a mile from here.

~ Noises that you really dislike: - Car horns and alarms rank high on that list.

~ Things that you very much like: - Money.

**** Thank you for any concern for me and sorry for missing last Fryday. I am one month into taking a new
prescription drug that is supposed to make changes to me, Really weird! It is called Citalopram.
I think my kitty Buttercup will die very soon. He is 18 years old and being well cared for! ****

Happy to see your post today. Thank you for the QOTD!

Sorry to hear about kitty.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:07 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

~ Do you ever consider cutting back on the amount of time that you use the Internet?

Always. But not very successful.

~ Have you any idea how much money that you spend at the grocery store, weekly or monthly?

Yes. I check my receipts and monthly statements.

In my home country. Much better quality and style.

~ What kind of cake and frosting should you and I buy at the supermarket to bake at home?

Don't know about you, but I bake mine from scratch. I don't know much about cakes in a box and I don't make frostings.

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen?

I cook/bake/roast my own cold cuts - don't want any processed from a deli.

And with what cheese and bread?

European bread or my homemade bread. Real cheese - Swiss, Gouda, Havarti, feta, labneh, quark...

~ Do you have a Amazon Fire stick or similar device attached to your television? Wireless service?

I have Amazon Fire stick for years now.

No. Should I?

Not an outdoor noise, except when the windows are open - then I hear birds singing. Other than that - just noise created by me, or media. Or visitors.

Birds singing. Many different birds - day and night. Some very loud, but I love it. Soon to be cicadas.

People talking loud on the phone. Kids screaming and running wild. Chained dogs that are non-stop barking. Emergency vehicles.

My family, my SO, smart company, travel, classical music, good book, my work, observing nature, cooking and eating...

Hope it helps you feel better!

Buttercup has a long and great life with you, you both are enjoying each other company for many years. Treasure it.
I am glad to see you back and posting!! Hugs!!!!!

Last edited by elnina; 04-05-2024 at 05:36 AM..

Old 04-05-2024, 05:40 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times

~ Do you ever consider cutting back on the amount of time that you use the Internet? Not really.

~ Have you any idea how much money that you spend at the grocery store, weekly or monthly? It depends on the month. In a month that I buy a lot of meat, it’s higher. I’m guessing $400-$600.

~ Where do you buy any new clothing to wear? Mostly online. I have favorite companies that fit me.

~ What kind of cake and frosting should you and I buy at the supermarket to bake at home? Duncan Hines, tastes the most homemade to me. I’d never buy canned frosting.

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen? And with what cheese and bread? I’d go with salami, ham and other Italian meats, with provolone and Italian bread.

~ Do you have an Amazon Fire stick or similar device attached to your television? Wireless service? No

~ Do you know of someone named Aubrey Plaza? No

~ Is there ever noise in your home? If dh is in the house, the tv is on. I like peace and quiet.

~ Noises that you hear outside you home from the inside: I’m hearing the Friday morning garbage truck now. Neighbors lawn mower, and barking dogs.

~ Noises that you really dislike: High pitched, squealing voices.

~ Things that you very much like: Babies, and days when nothing hurts.

Old 04-05-2024, 06:07 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Yes I should cut back on screen time.
In this house we spend roughly about 200 bucks a week.
Honey ham with mild cheddar on sourdough bread for me.
We have Roku on all our tvs.
Noise in this house is common. Hearing the grandkids play is a blessing.
Noises outside, we live away from the city so its dogs in the neighborhood but theyre doing their job so we cant get angry at them.
Noises I dislike, video games.
I like lots of things, namely food!
Have a great day everyone~~~

Old 04-05-2024, 06:24 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

not really although I spend less time on line in summer.

nope. I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart so when I shop I also buy cat food, household stuff, toiletries, etc.

I mostly wear jeans and get them at Goodwill. Other stuff at local stores nobody here has ever heard of.

banana cake with chocolate frosting.

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen? And with what cheese and bread?
roast beef, pumpernickel bread, Swiss cheese. add some onion and yellow mustard please.
I know not of what you speak. Must be some kind of tech thing.

no

sure.

with the windows closed, not too much. Occasional siren or horn blowing

high squeaky female voices, vacuum cleaners, dripping water

quiet, nature, clean sheets

thanks, roosty. Sorry about Kitty Buttercup. Best you can do is enjoy him while he's still here and know you've done the best you can do.

Old 04-05-2024, 06:27 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times

###

### We tend to buy in bulk so it depends. Sometimes we don’t go to the supermarket for one or 2 weeks.

### Now that I’m retired it’s mostly Costco fashion.

### No baking at our house, we have an excellent bakery on our way up/down in upstate NY. Anyone around these areas, they have three shops, I highly recommend a visit and have some pastries or buy a cake/pie. Good lattes/coffees too.

https://www.breadalone.com/

### I would only buy pastrami in a Jewish deli, with mustard on warmed rye bread, a dill pickle or 2. no cheese.

### been thinking about the Fire stick and the Roku

###

### Our house is pretty quiet, until you open the windows

### Cars going up and down the street, kids playing on the street, car alarms accidentally going off, barking dogs, a plane overhead, etc

### Babies crying, children screaming, adults yelling and cussing

### Traveling adventures and going to the Catskills

### I hope you’re feeling much better and that your body has adjusted to the meds.

### I’m sorry to hear Sir Buttercup will soon be gone. Enjoy the time left with lots of gentle pats and nose bumps.

### Be well, mr roosty, THX for the Q’s

Old 04-05-2024, 06:41 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
No. My Internet use is, primarily, business related. I don't surf around, or waste time. This is the only thread I post on....5 minutes max.

About $100

Kohls, but I don't shop much.

Duncan Hines Yellow Cake, and my Pineapple Dream Recipe. Ingredients: Yellow Sheet Cake, Vanilla Instant Pudding, Flaked Coconut, Crushed Pineapple. I've never purchased store-bought frosting.

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen? And with what cheese and bread? Low Fat Chicken, Sliced Thin, Swiss Cheese (thin), Whole Grain Bread

~ Do you have a Amazon Fire stick or similar device attached to your television? No Wireless service?
No

~ Do you know of someone named Aubrey Plaza? Never heard of her

~ Is there ever noise in your home? No. My home is quiet.

~ Noises that you hear outside you home from the inside: Seldom, because of this house built in 1900 with thick plaster walls. I enjoy the sound of the freight train 2 blocks away, which occurs a couple times within 24 hours.

~ Noises that you really dislike: Outside: Loud Mufflers and Souped Up Cars

~ Things that you very much like: Birds singing, frogs croaking at night.

Thanks, RR

Old 04-05-2024, 06:49 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,431,722 times

Tried.

Varies.

I like places like Marshall's and Ross.

Chocolate or buttercream.

Chicken, some type of spicy pepper cheese and ciabatta bread.

Yeah.

Yeah.

Yes.

Dogs, my neighbor's parties on every single holiday, sometimes sawing.

Dogs, lawn mowers close by, music that I don't like, people being loud just because.

Stuff and things that appeal to me.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:55 AM

126,263 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Do you ever consider cutting back on the amount of time that you use the Internet?......... Sure

~ Have you any idea how much money that you spend at the grocery store, weekly or monthly?...Yes I keep track of spending money

~ Where do you buy any new clothing to wear?...... Whenever I travel back to my homeland

~ What kind of cake and frosting should you and I buy at the supermarket to bake at home?......I only bake from scratch and make my own frosting

~ Salami, cooked ham, chicken or roast beef (deli sliced) from the delicatessen? And with what cheese and bread?......I don't buy for us cold cuts,rather make some like a roast,chicken,turkey for guests.Definitely European home baked Bauernbrot or other.Only the good kind of cheeses!

~ Do you have a Amazon Fire stick or similar device attached to your television? Wireless service?......I have an Amazon Fire stick

~ Do you know of someone named Aubrey Plaza? ....No

~ Is there ever noise in your home?......Just when grandkids come,the pets from my kids come,noise from the fridge or when the family get together and we all play and sing music

~ Noises that you hear outside your home from the inside:.....Birds singing,kids playing outside ,rooster waking me up,wind howling,rattling window screens....

~ Noises that you really dislike:......Screaming,high pitched sounds

~ Things that you very much like:......Nature symphony,music

Thank you roosty and get well soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics