Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 04:23 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Questions of the Day for Sunday, April 7, 2024. Thanks for the questions If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Aries. Mine was two days ago. Does that count? And yes it's Aries.

Today’s Questions:
Will you be able to see the solar eclipse on Monday? I'll have about 94% eclipse.

What is the most interesting natural phenomenon you’ve ever witnessed? Blizzards and rainbows

What is another experience you’ve had that you’ll never forget? Polar plunge on December 2, 1967.

Today is Beer Day, celebrating the end of Prohibition in the U.S. Do you drink beer? If so, what is your favorite brand? Corona. I have a selfie from March 14, 2020, the last night the diner was open before some disease closure. If you are not a drinker, what is your favorite cold beverage? I do like beer but if pressed, orange juice.

Name something that you tried once, then decided “never again?” Basketball.

Today in History:
451 – Attila the Hun captures Metz in France, killing most of its inhabitants and burning the town. Is that as far west as he got?
1798 – The Mississippi Territory is organized from disputed territory claimed by both the United States and the Spanish Empire. It is expanded in 1804 and again in 1812. The show the "Robber Baron's Bride" is sent there.
1805 – Lewis and Clark Expedition: The Corps of Discovery breaks camp among the Mandan tribe and resumes its journey West along the Missouri River. The Journals of Lewis and Clark are a great read.
1926 – Violet Gibson attempts to assassinate Italian Prime Minister Benito Mussolini. If successfult that would have changed history.
1933 – Nazi Germany issues the Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service banning Jews and political dissidents from civil service posts. And the civilized world yawned.
1994 – Rwandan genocide: Massacres of Tutsis begin in Kigali, Rwanda, and soldiers kill the civilian Prime Minister Agathe Uwilingiyimana. How comes no one knows this? Not Israel I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 09:28 PM

1,844 posts, read 830,741 times
Will you be able to see the solar eclipse on Monday? Should be totality, but also cloudy. Will be outside either way.

What is the most interesting natural phenomenon you’ve ever witnessed? Tornado

What is another experience you’ve had that you’ll never forget? Watched a man get chased down and stabbed while on the bus. Some of the kids I was playing with tried to set the neighborhood pub on fire (lucky they had a lot of fire extinguisher so it never got to out of hand). Man stabbed in the head with a hatchet. Scotland can be a wild place depending where you are.

Today is Beer Day, celebrating the end of Prohibition in the U.S. Do you drink beer? If so, what is your favorite brand? If you are not a drinker, what is your favorite cold beverage? Not much of a drinker. Anything fruity (beer, mixed vodka, Wine, Pina colada)

Name something that you tried once, then decided “never again?” Lots of foods: tuna, clams, sardines, mayonnaise, frogs legs, thousand island dressing, potato salad, straight vodka, minnow shot, blood pudding, an egg straight out of the shell.

Old 04-08-2024, 02:47 AM

21,532 posts, read 8,716,437 times
[

Today’s Questions:
Will you be able to see the solar eclipse on Monday?
The eclipse at its peak will block 34% of the sun here in the Bay Area. I am hoping to see it, weather permitting.
What is the most interesting natural phenomenon you’ve ever witnessed?
I'd have to say the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, though "interesting" would be an understatement.
What is another experience you’ve had that you’ll never forget?
Hearing over the P.A. system at my school that JFK had been shot, and later that he had died. It was a huge shock.
Today is Beer Day, celebrating the end of Prohibition in the U.S. Do you drink beer? If so, what is your favorite brand? If you are not a drinker, what is your favorite cold beverage?
I prefer wine, but if I do drink beer I'll have a Corona, Tsingtao or Peroni. I used to like Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve but it has been discontinued.
Name something that you tried once, then decided “never again?”
Sushi with a raw quail egg on top. I almost tossed my cookies.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:49 AM

12,169 posts, read 2,959,937 times
Today’s Questions:
Will you be able to see the solar eclipse on Monday?
We are in the so called path of totality. I plan on walking outside. Did that in 2017 for a partial. This is the first total eclipse for me
What is the most interesting natural phenomenon you’ve ever witnessed?
Earthquake.
What is another experience you’ve had that you’ll never forget?
Swimming in the ocean.
Today is Beer Day, celebrating the end of Prohibition in the U.S. Do you drink beer? If so, what is your favorite brand? If you are not a drinker, what is your favorite cold beverage?
No. Soda, but I don't drink it anymore.
Name something that you tried once, then decided “never again?
Hot peppers.

Thank you, Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics