Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 09:24 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Well, here it is, another special day Monday...

THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun?
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either?

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible?
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird?
Do you have a doorbell?
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed?

5) Just when you think the mysterious finger-wagging food police have taken the joy out of eating or drinking everything that tastes good/refreshing but isn't healthy, I came across this video that to me, takes the joy out of drinking water. Nope, it has zero to do with the environment or the water, itself. It has to do with the way we drink water. Now, I don't know about your water-drinking skill set but I never thought there was a right and wrong way to do it. Watch the video below if you want to know how drinking water wrong affects your body, negatively.

6 Reasons You Have Been Drinking Water Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5f-ml2JBJ0

1. Chugging water like there's no tomorrow.
2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.)
3. Drinking ice cold water
4. Drinking water on the go or standing.
5. Drinking water at the end of your morning routine.
6. Skipping a glass of water before bed.

6) How many are you guilty of?
I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine.

Glug! Glug!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 09:40 PM

1,844 posts, read 830,741 times
1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? Don't believe so. I feel like its something squirrels would do.
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either? No pets here.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. Thousands come here to view a once in a lifetime event only to see clouds.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? Yeah, I'll hold onto my glasses as a keepsake.
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair. Have a suspicion they'll be worth nothing more then memories considering how cheap they were (free).

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? No, knocking on the door has though.
Do you have a doorbell? Yep, with a little light in it.
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed? Just DING!!!

5) Just when you think the mysterious finger-wagging food police have taken the joy out of eating or drinking everything that tastes good/refreshing but isn't healthy, I came across this video that to me, takes the joy out of drinking water. Nope, it has zero to do with the environment or the water, itself. It has to do with the way we drink water. Now, I don't know about your water-drinking skill set but I never thought there was a right and wrong way to do it. Watch the video below if you want to know how drinking water wrong affects your body, negatively.

2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.)

6) How many are you guilty of? Yeah this seems really silly. I'd say all of them.
I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:42 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun?
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either?
No, I've never seen that, and I didn't know that about pets not looking at the sun.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny.
Mammoth Traffic Jam Paralyzes Freeways

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible?
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair.
I have a pair left over from a previous eclipse and will keep them in case I ever get the chance to see another eclipse.

Do you have a doorbell?
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed?
Yes, we have an vintage 1963 doorbell. It goes ding-dong.

I'm guilty of most of them, but I'm still here so what I've been doing it couldn't be all that bad, could it?

Quote:
Glug! Glug!
Same to you, LauraC. And thanks for the questions.

Old 04-07-2024, 11:12 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

THE QUESTIONS

Nah, wolves don't howl at the moon and animals don't stare at the sun and won't stare at the eclipse. They are smart, but not that smart. They won't know there is eclipse to watch. Most will feel that something is going on, though.

Lots of people will be disappointed, because many regions face challenging viewing conditions for the eclipse with only a few areas offering clear skies.
Some hotels already cancelled room reservations that were booked two years in advance.

Did eclipse viewing glasses became collectible after previous events? I don't think so.

Do you have a doorbell?

I don't have a door bell. I get notified when someone is on the way to my home.

I am not guilty of any of them: a common belief that you have to drink 6-8 glasses of water per day is a myth. I don't drink water before, during or after a meal. Never drink ice cold water, never sip on it all day long, never drink on the go or carry with me everywhere I go, never drink in the morning or before going to bed.
I simply follow my instincts and drink water when I FEEL thirsty, not because there are some guidelines, most of them are debunked anyway. People don't need to be told when and how much to drink (except in rare medical circumstances). Thirst is a basic instinct. Listen to your body.

Glug! Glug!

Thank you, Laura!!! Very interesting questions!

Last edited by elnina; 04-07-2024 at 11:58 PM..

Old 04-08-2024, 12:46 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? No.
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either? No pets here.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. The eclipse came, the eclipse went, what happened now to all that money you spent.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? n/a
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair. There are so many millions of them made I doubt there will be any future value.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? No.
Do you have a doorbell? Yes with a light.
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed? Ding Dong Avon Calling.

6) How many are you guilty of? Zero.
I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine. I drink very little water and only when I need it. You also get water with other liquids you drink.

Glug! Glug! Chug Chug.

Old 04-08-2024, 01:58 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
THE QUESTIONS

No pets here so I know nothing about this.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. - IDK but there sure is a lot of hype...

Frankly I do not have a whole lot of interest in this.

Do you have a doorbell?

Don't have one and no one comes over anyway...

5) Just when you think the mysterious finger-wagging food police have taken the joy out of eating or drinking everything that tastes good/refreshing but isn't healthy, I came across this video that to me, takes the joy out of drinking water. Nope, it has zero to do with the environment or the water, itself. It has to do with the way we drink water. Now, I don't know about your water-drinking skill set but I never thought there was a right and wrong way to do it. Watch the video below if you want to know how drinking water wrong affects your body, negatively. - I watched the video.

1. Chugging water like there's no tomorrow. - Can't recall when the last time I did this.

2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.) - Well, I don't drink a lot before or after.

3. Drinking ice cold water - This I do not do. When I have my bottle of Perrier it is sipped through a glass straw.

When I drink regular filtered water it is cool mix of 60 / 40 with the 40% being cold.

When that is not possible I prefer room temperature over ice cold. Refreshing ice cold is something I cannot relate to.

4. Drinking water on the go or standing. - I've done so in the past when on a hike or when I used to use a treadmill at a gym. It's not something I usually do.

5. Drinking water at the end of your morning routine. - N/A

6. Skipping a glass of water before bed. - This is the one that surprised me the most. No doubt I have some before bed but I'm not drinking an entire glass right before.

I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine. - All explained.

Thanks a bunch, Laura!

Old 04-08-2024, 02:46 AM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

THE QUESTIONS

Nope.

My cats are nocturnal...sleep all day and run around at night, so no problems with that!

Don't have any of those.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? Maybe the old fashioned ones (the kind I like)
Those Ring doorbell things seem to be popular.

Do you have a doorbell? Yes, the old fashioned kind.
Ding Dong....but it's broke right now I think....it's okay then it's easier to ignore the people at your door trying to sell crazy.

Who knew there was a right way and a wrong way?

I am only guilty of two (numbers four and six....maybe a little of number one at times, when thirsty.)
Glug! Glug!
Thanks for the questions!

Old 04-08-2024, 05:27 AM

126,263 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? .......No
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either?.......Yes

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny...............

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? ...........No

Do you have a doorbell?............Yes
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed?...............Just a normal door bell

1. Chugging water like there's no tomorrow..................Never do that
2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.)..................I only have sips during my meals
3. Drinking ice cold water...................Never liked it
4. Drinking water on the go or standing..................After garden work,while cycling or hiking I usually stand and take sips
5. Drinking water at the end of your morning routine..................No as soon as I get up
6. Skipping a glass of water before bed................I have a small glass of water before bed

6) How many are you guilty of? ..................See above! I drink regularly water during the day

Glug! Glug!
Thank you Laura

Old 04-08-2024, 05:44 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
We don’t have a doorbell. We have a dog. And security cameras that alert us if someone is in the driveway or walking up to the door.
Water drinking, I didn’t know there an etiquette to that. I drink it any position I happen to be in. Standing, walking, whatever.
Happy Monday everyone ~~

Old 04-08-2024, 06:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
THE QUESTIONS

###

###

### Eclipse viewers are reporting a group of baby boomers got down on all 4’s and started how I g at the moon.

### I’ll wait and see the eclipse on the news. They mentioned last night our area will only see 75% of it and clouds are expected anyway.

### The old ding dongs maybe

Do you have a doorbell?

### An I-Ring doorbell

### It has sensors and cameras that picks up movement and says ‘You’re currently being recorded’. Most of what is being recorded are bears, deer, foxes, flocks of turkeys, murder of crows, porcupines, ducks, bugs checking out the sensor lights, etc and sometimes a human or 2. When sensors picks up movement we get a Twilight-ish sounding alert on the cell phone.

### I do this on occassion

### This is very good to know, I do this often, and wondered why sometimes I got agita.

### Rare occassions

### I sometimes do both

### If so I don’t know if I do it or not

### Always drink water before bed, and sometimes during the night. Same
Goes when I wake up. Doing this keeps me, ummm, regular.

### 4

Glug! Glug!

Chug-a-Lug and THX for the Q’s LauraC. Time is near where you will go into QOTD retirement, I had fun during your time doing it. Thank you and be well.

Last edited by CEN2RION; 04-08-2024 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics