Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,107 times

Advertisements

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun?
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either?

I hope the moocher stray cats that I regrettably feed will sleep through it.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny.

I don't know. Something sensational having to do with the eclipse and the CERN Hadron Collider together. People are going hard with the conspiracies.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible?
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair.

I don't have any. It's cloudy here today anyway and I honestly don't care either way.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird?
Do you have a doorbell?
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed?

Doorbells haven't gone away, they've just evolved into the Ring and others like it.

5) Just when you think the mysterious finger-wagging food police have taken the joy out of eating or drinking everything that tastes good/refreshing but isn't healthy, I came across this video that to me, takes the joy out of drinking water. Nope, it has zero to do with the environment or the water, itself. It has to do with the way we drink water. Now, I don't know about your water-drinking skill set but I never thought there was a right and wrong way to do it. Watch the video below if you want to know how drinking water wrong affects your body, negatively.

6 Reasons You Have Been Drinking Water Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5f-ml2JBJ0

1. Chugging water like there's no tomorrow.
2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.)
3. Drinking ice cold water
4. Drinking water on the go or standing.
5. Drinking water at the end of your morning routine.
6. Skipping a glass of water before bed.

6) How many are you guilty of?
I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine.

I just drink filtered water from my tumbler throughout the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2024, 08:11 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun?
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either? No, and no.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. Eclipse was a flop, entire viewing area overcast.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? No eclipse view here, but I'm not interested, it just doesn't appeal to me, if I wanted to see it I'm sure it will be on the news and internet.
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? No
Do you have a doorbell? Yes
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed? Ding dong

5) Just when you think the mysterious finger-wagging food police have taken the joy out of eating or drinking everything that tastes good/refreshing but isn't healthy, I came across this video that to me, takes the joy out of drinking water. Nope, it has zero to do with the environment or the water, itself. It has to do with the way we drink water. Now, I don't know about your water-drinking skill set but I never thought there was a right and wrong way to do it. Watch the video below if you want to know how drinking water wrong affects your body, negatively.

2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.)

6) How many are you guilty of? 5
I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:28 AM

12,192 posts, read 2,960,983 times
Well, here it is, another special day Monday...

THE QUESTIONS

Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either?
No, I don't think they look at the sun, eclipse or not. The pet thing sounds like it was made up by a nanny state moron.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny.
Four Minutes: a Child Can Be Conceived in Less Time

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible?
They won't be worth money. The printing on them says to throw away after three years. They have a shelf life.

Do you have a doorbell?
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed?
Old house, old doorbell.

5)

1. True. You can drink too much water.
2. Never noticed because I drink when my body feels thirst.
3. I prefer room temperature. Some people like ice cold soda or beer, especially on a hot day. No big deal
4. I call bull.
5. Ditto.
6. I stay well hydrated just by drinking when thirsty. I'm not going to drink more before bed. We all get up enough at night.

Elnina got it right. We all have a sense of thirst built into our brains. Just drink water when thirsty and don't drink when you're not thirsty!

Old 04-08-2024, 08:40 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,478,782 times
Well, here it is, another special day Monday...

THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? No
Yes I knew that.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? Probably not.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? No
Do you have a doorbell? No

6) How many are you guilty of? None. I don’t plain water, I drink tea or water with flavoring in it.

Glug! Glug!

Thank you!

Old 04-08-2024, 08:50 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Nonsence
No pets here

"Eclipse Makes Fools Out of People"

Probably won't be worth diddley

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? No, and I don't know what a dodo bird is.

Do you have a doorbell? Yes
My house was built in 1900 and has a doorbell ...and old-fashioned RING......RING.....RING.....

"Silly Is, As Silly Does"......I'm with the Voice of Reason, Elnina

Old 04-08-2024, 09:06 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? Nope
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either? Heard it on the news.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. While People Travel To View Eclipse Organized Squatters Take Over Their Homes.

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? Save it for your grandkids who may be still alive for the next one.
They will probably be worth more in the future if you don't use them which is only aimed at the people who have no intention of looking at the eclipse but have eclipse viewing glasses or have an extra pair. If we have a future, you might need to eat them but seriously, they don't take up a lot of room. Then again, neither did Mickey Mantle rookie cards.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? I don't know.
Do you have a doorbell? No
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed? I thought maybe people wouldn't know what to do unless Alexa tells them to answer the door.

I love ice cold water and I can chug two 16.9 fluid ounce bottles of it in a row. Never drink room temperature water. I also drink about 3 - 4 bottles of water between dinner and bedtime. That's because my nighttime medicine makes me very thirsty. I can go all day without water (if I'm taking photos and before that when I fished tournaments with no bathrooms in sight) and then polish off a six pack of water when I get/got home. I drink other ice cold liquids, too, but I don't chug them. I'm doomed.

Glug! Glug!

Old 04-08-2024, 09:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Well, here it is, another special day Monday... Special because of your question-writing acumen. Thanks.

THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? No
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either? Yes but I don't have pets

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. Bonnie Tyler sang "Total Eclipse of the Sun." Or McCartney "the rain exploded with a mighty crash as we fell into the (moon covering) the sun."

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? No. I have enough garbage lying around.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? No.
Do you have a doorbell? No but I wish we did.

5) Just when you think the mysterious finger-wagging food police have taken the joy out of eating or drinking everything that tastes good/refreshing but isn't healthy, I came across this video that to me, takes the joy out of drinking water. Nope, it has zero to do with the environment or the water, itself. It has to do with the way we drink water. Now, I don't know about your water-drinking skill set but I never thought there was a right and wrong way to do it. Watch the video below if you want to know how drinking water wrong affects your body, negatively. Busybodies have advice for everyone on everything.

I'm guilty of 4 out of the 6 and the only reason I'm not guilty of Number 5 is because I don't have a morning routine I don't think any of those are wrong.

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-08-2024 at 10:23 AM..

Old 04-08-2024, 09:35 AM

6,853 posts, read 4,850,706 times
My doorbells chime.

I don't have a morning routine. I don't drink while walking, if that's what is meant by on the go. Guess I should actually watch the video.
I do usually have a glass of water before bed. It used to bother my late husband. He said he'd be up all night if he drank that much before bed. Sometimes I will have a few swallows of water in the middle of the night.
If I am going out to mow (walk behind and push up hill for about a three hour stint) I drink 16 ounces before I start and another 16 ounces midway through, and more when I finish.

Water is my favorite drink and my well water is delicious.

Old 04-08-2024, 09:46 AM

24,451 posts, read 25,984,086 times
THE QUESTIONS

No

Here it comes and there it goes.

They won't be worth squat just like the glasses for 3D movies.

No

Do you have a doorbell?
Yes

Just ding dong.

1.Very rarely do this. 2.Never do this 3.Very rarely do this. 4. Never do this 5. With morning meds 6. 3-4 sips.

Glug! Glug!

Thanx LauraC, Interesting video and Q's.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:51 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
THE QUESTIONS

1) There are wolves that supposedly howl at the moon but did you ever see any animal stare at the sun? Nope.
Do you know you should keep your pets indoors during the eclipse so they don't look at the sun, either? Yeppers. I heard that on the news Sunday night.

2) Predict or make up a news headline that you will see Monday evening or Tuesday morning that has something to do with the eclipse. Feel free to be serious or funny. "Eclipse Viewers Divebombed by Bats at 2:10 p.m."

3) If you have a pair or two, are you going to squirrel away your eclipse viewing sunglasses as a collectible? No.

4) Have doorbells gone the way of the dodo bird? Not that I'm aware of.
Do you have a doorbell? Yes.
If yes, does it go ding dong or bzzt bzzt (or does it yell out to you in the GPS lady's voice "THERE'S SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!") when it's pushed? Ding dong.

6 Reasons You Have Been Drinking Water Wrong Interesting video!
1. Chugging water like there's no tomorrow. I drink a lot of water each day, but I don't chug it. I sip water throughout the day.
2. Drinking water immediately after and before a big meal. (tells you how many minutes/hours you should.) I've not done this. I sip water during most of my meals
3. Drinking ice cold water I usually prefer room-temp water, but occasionally drink ice cold water, mostly when it's served to me in a restaurant.
4. Drinking water on the go or standing. I take small sips of water during my workouts at the gym. Unless the weather is terribly hot, I don't carry water with me when I walk outdoors.
5. Drinking water at the end of your morning routine. I don't have a morning routine.
6. Skipping a glass of water before bed. I don't usually drink water right before bed, unless it's just a small sip to wet my mouth.

6) How many are you guilty of? See above.

Glug! Glug! Thanks for the questions, LauraC! Great job, as always.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics