Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM

12,266 posts, read 2,966,052 times

Advertisements

What are your worst habits?

What are your best habits?

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner?

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not?

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship?

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:02 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
What are your worst habits? Sleeping late.

What are your best habits? Having no bad habits.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? Trust, compatibility, love.

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? I'm satisfied, everything has worked out quite well.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? Married.

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit? Cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, vacuuming, shopping, yard work, lots of money, and I'm just kidding so don't poke me in the eye. Answer would be the line #3 above traits.

Old Today, 04:40 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
What are your worst habits? - In my view I don't have any.

What are your best habits? - In the end I take care of things that are needed for my care. Right now I'm mainly thinking about an expensive upcoming dental bill that will all be over on Friday morning. That is except for future routine cleaning appointments which is a good habit to have. Really like my hygienist, she's great.

A trip and fall accident that I'd prefer not to talk about is largely behind those expensive bills.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? - Trust is the main one which I have a hard time with...

There are others too but I don't want a slave type and I want an independent thinker. . An example is I love to cook / put together healthy meals and I don't mind the clean up after.

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? - My former spouse turned into a major disappointment and probably the biggest mistake I made in my entire life. I deeply regret not saying no as it cost me prime years and the ending was horrible. No way am I going through that again. Plenty of details that would take too long and it's not worth posting.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? - I'm in favor of limited, ethical non-monogamy but that didn't work out for me either in my last relationship. Not totally sure but the ending of that may have had more to do with distance than anything else...

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit? - Commit with what I described above - things in common like going places I enjoy.
Having the same political views is a must because I do not want to deal with any hostility. I'd pass otherwise.

Oh, and don't try and change me, it's not going to happen...

Thanks for posting the Wednesday QOTD!

Old Today, 05:14 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,217,604 times
What are your worst habits?

procrastination, eating too much junk

What are your best habits?

good with money, getting rid of stuff.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner?

that he lives someplace else. Like Maine. I could visit him occasionally

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not?

guess not-never married

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship?

nope

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit?

can't even think of anything. I like my life the way it is-sans partner.

thanks, Peg.

Old Today, 06:15 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
What are your worst habits? I don’t hang up my clothes when I take them off.

What are your best habits? I’m always on time, and if I have a task I give it 110%. Under promise, over deliver.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? Considerate, honest, hard working, similar core values.

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? Yes, very much so.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? I could manage without one, but hope I won’t have to.

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit?At my age, I would not marry or cohabit again, but I would keep company with a nice man if he wanted a traveling or dinner companion.

Old Today, 06:18 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
What are your worst habits? Procrastinating. Bad eating habits. Worrying about dumb things.

What are your best habits? Always being prepared ( if that’s considered a habit).

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? Companionship

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? We both have the same values.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? Yes

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit? Dependability.

Thank you for the Q’s.

Old Today, 06:46 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Bad habits, i catch myself someti es grinding my teeth for no reason.
Best habits, always, always early.
The one way my late spouse and I measured up is we are both truck drivers.
Happy Wednesday everyone....

Old Today, 07:08 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
What are your worst habits? procrastination, being blunt and sarcastic, hate asking people for money either in a job, collecting for charity or selling anything and will do whatever it takes to get out of doing it, not a people person, poor listener (don't remember what I hear or who said it, much better at remembering what I read), can't remember people's names, stink at small talk so avoid parties.

What are your best habits? Assuming you don't just mean in a relationship, independent, I read, analysis, planning, decisive, leading projects with a beginning and an end from start (planning) to finish, report writing, effective, not afraid to say "no" to anyone, like the excitement of competing even if I stink at whatever it is or the competitors are better. Good at making an argument for or against something.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? Responsible, common sense, intelligent, sense of humor, manly, inquisitive, dependable, knows how to fix/do things (that impresses me), decisive, not butt-hurt over every little thing, not a virtue signaler or a suck-up. When I was in my early 20s I used to say, my ideal marriage scenario is we are both journalists - he works on the west coast, I work on the east coast and we get together twice a month somewhere in the middle of the country for passionate lovemaking and conversation. I was kidding - a guy who didn't laugh was out.

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? too personal.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? Not now. Prefer living alone.

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit? See previous question.

Old Today, 07:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
What are your worst habits? Hmmm, probably the worst is procrastination, and high on the list is my habit of losing tools and buying a new one when I need it. Then I end up with 3 Pneumatic Brad Nailers, and about 6 10mm sockets.

What are your best habits? Always being punctual, kissing my wife before going anywhere without her.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? Respect, forgiveness, sense of humor, generosity.

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? Yes, in fact this fall we celebrate our 50th anniversary. We have many interests in common, but yet allow each other to do our own thing.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? Yes, and the ultimate reward is getting old together with children and grandchildren to enjoy.

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit? Kind of late for that now, at this point if available I would not be looking again.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
What are your worst habits? Ignoring housework that needs to be done. General procrastination. Sometimes I talk too much.

What are your best habits? Working out at the gym every day. You can trust my word: if I say I'm going to do something for you or others, I do it. Donating blood every 8-9 weeks: I've donated over 25 gallons so far.

What are the most important traits in a spouse or partner? Honesty; intelligence; sense of humor; kindness.

Do/did your spouse(s) measure up, how so and how not? Never had a spouse.

Is it worth it to you to be married/in a committed relationship? N/A

If you are/were available, what would a potential spouse/partner have to bring to the table for you to commit? See above list of important traits.

Thanks for the questions, PegE!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics