Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 04:06 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

Here we go with another round of questions!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place?

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share?

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating?

Today's Foodie Question(s):
What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday?

Just to:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/side-eye
Have you given or received side-eye? Bonus points for examples or anecdotes.

Later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 04:31 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,679,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Yes!
Hated it! Always feared getting locked in it.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? I was a receptionist for the Planning & Building Depts, and was in the line of fire of both phones and face-to-face. There were lots of things I didn't like about government, but I also saw the bad sides to people, too. Wish I had started a journal when I was hired - it'd be volumes!!! Stressful job, it was.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Hmm. Well, I imagine that the spouse may be more 'distanced' and perhaps gone more.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? We were traveling. Stopped at a restaurant where I had a pot roast dinner and he had an Easter special with generous ham on his plate.

Just to:

Later.
Thanks, BJH!

Old 04-02-2024, 05:41 PM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
Today's Question(s):

###

Have you worked directly with the public

###

face to face

###

or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share?

### I’m a shy person and face to face was not easy but I had to eat, pay rent etc., so the phone wins hands down.

### Their normal demeanor and routine changes.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday?

### We had Bulgogi for dinner and Geneva cake for dessert on Easter Sunday

Just to:

### Yes, it’s quite normal in Latino culture from the way you drive to the way you sneeze.

Later.

### THX, bjh

Old 04-02-2024, 06:31 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Yes, I once had to visit (work related) a slaughter house. Not pleasant, seeing the recently killed beef cattle and pigs/hogs swinging from hooks in the cooler.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share?
Yes, on almost a daily basis I visit Veterans. No stories that I'm willing to tell.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? No. I'm easily fooled.

Tacos at Taco Bell

Yes. Today I drove my car around a stopped car in a parking lot, and the guy in the stopped car gave me 'one of those looks'

Thanks, BJH

Old 04-02-2024, 07:19 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

Today's Question(s):
No, I've never done that.
Yes, briefly when I had a summer job at an offset printing shop. Later, when I worked at the TV station, I would sometimes take viewer calls. There were some odd ones. The President was giving a news conference on live TV, and a lady called to complain "Where are my stories [soap operas]?" Another lady wanted me to connect her with Merv Griffin. [The show was on tape and originated in Los Angeles.] Someone else called to offer her idea for a game show -- based on opera.
Always having to "work late."
Being overly concerned with his appearance (new clothes, new hairstyle, etc.)

Being secretive with his cell phone
Spending a lot of time at "the gym."
Charges for restaurants and hotels on the credit card that you don't recognize.

We had ham slices, scalloped potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, spinach salad with bacon and mushrooms and apple pie a la mode.

Just to:
I can't think of any examples in my own life, but I've seen some funny videos on Facebook of babies giving their parents side-eye. Also dogs.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 04-02-2024, 07:40 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Many times. Brrrr.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? Being in retail sales most of my life I've dealt with anything imaginable face to face or on the phone.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Strange phone calls, unexplained phone numbers, coming home late, panties in the glove box, bra in the trunk, the list goes on & on.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? We had bacon & eggs, hash browns, muffins for breakfast, snacks for lunch, and for dinner a T-bone steak with loaded baked potato, mixed veggies and hot apple pie with ice cream.

Just to:
Have you given or received side-eye? Bonus points for examples or anecdotes. I receive them all the time at the family restaurant where we often eat. The waitresses slyly smile, wink & yell at me "hey handsome wassup". And of course I give them that look back.

Later. Ciao...

Old 04-02-2024, 08:05 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Yup

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? I loved scaring younger kids when they'd buy a drink or a candy bar. Standing there with their money, all happy, until I tell them their one item is $137.50. lol Then I tell them the right price.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? You get off the midnight shift early and are a block away from home when he drives off. Voice of experience.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? About the same as any other Sunday. Not much.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:51 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? I had a part time job for awhile as a sales rep for Chobani. I went into the grocery store coolers sometimes.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? About 12 years as a Staff Asst, and a Personal Banker in 2 banks. Whatever problem or situation walked in the door, I could fix. I met a lot of nice people, and it was a satisfying job. One lady sat at my desk and intended to open savings accounts for her grandchildren. The entire time, she kept saying how much she hated this bank. I schmoozed her along for awhile, but I finally said, “Why are you opening these accounts, if you hate this bank so much?” She said, “Good question,” and got up and walked out.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Strange panties in the glove compartment.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? Roast lamb, mint jelly, key lime pie.

Just to:
Have you given or received side-eye? Bonus points for examples or anecdotes.Im sure I’ve given my kids that, many times.

Old 04-03-2024, 05:31 AM

126,263 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? .............Yes

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? ................Yes

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? .........We had a big Easter brunch with Soleier/pickled eggs (in a brine made from onion peel,salt,caraway and the boiled water),cheese varieties,smoked salmon,everything bagels,Bavarian Pretzels,Bauernbrot and much more

Just to:

Later.
Thank you bjh

Old 04-03-2024, 06:03 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Today's Question(s):
No.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? I would have to go back to the 1970s and prior for that to apply to me, as a worker. I can say the food servers that work in a restaurant, of any type, have the worst job dealing with the public and I tip them well knowing that. If you've ever gone out with groups of people to lunch or dinner you probably know there are some diners who are a real pain in the butt and I can't imagine dealing with people like them every day of the week. I had a boss like that and I always dreaded when he was part of the group lunch or dinner, especially when we traveled. Otherwise, he was a great guy, fun to be with and a very good manager, but when he was in a restaurant it was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde. He ALWAYS had to prove to the group he could get something (food or drink) free or extra. It was like a game to him. I felt bad for the restaurant employees (and their bosses) who had to deal with him and I was embarrassed to be there with him. Tried to sit in the seat farthest away from him. Then, there was one person (co-worker) who always sent stuff back. I mean every time we went out for lunch, she sent something back. UGH!

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Follow them would be my Number One guess. Either the cheater or the spouse wind up being murdered would be my Number Two guess. (I watch too many movie dramas, Law & Order and TV news shows. )

Can't remember what I ate on Sunday (probably leftovers) but I had pizza on Saturday. Although pork is my favorite meat, I don't like ham and a lot of people make that on Easter.

Just to:
Had to look it up. Never heard of "side-eye" before. Not observant enough to notice

Later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics