Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 03:19 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,195,682 times

Advertisements

Be honest. Is minding your business hard for you to do? Are you a "busy body"? It seems like the older I get I meet more "adults" that have a hard time "minding their own bees-wax".

Who's a busy body on this fourm? Just kidding.
Do tell your stories of people not minding their own business......

I love some of your stories. Some of you live pretty exciting lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 05:32 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,500,987 times
OMG i worked with the noseyest people on the face of the earth. somehow they all got hired by the same company and were all contained in the same building. it was a NIGHTMARE!!!
the fact that i know how to mind my own business just irritated them even more and they became unbearable.
i dont work there any more--not for that reason, but it was a plus to leave

Old 06-07-2008, 06:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,276,162 times
I do like to know what's going on, but I don't think I'm a busy body. I try to live and let live. Of course, one or two people may disagree. Could I tell you about Nosey Neighbors, though! Woo!

Old 06-07-2008, 06:54 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,926,608 times
I'm not so much a busybody in the sense that you're talking, but I do like to keep the antennas up around the office since the actions of others always seem to have an impact on me. I quietly listen to the noise and prepare my premptive or counter actions accordingly.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:57 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,195,682 times
I can agree with you on this. I totaly understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I'm not so much a busybody in the sense that you're talking, but I do like to keep the antennas up around the office since the actions of others always seem to have an impact on me. I quietly listen to the noise and prepare my premptive or counter actions accordingly.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:48 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
I mind my own buisness and don't get involved in others but I don't mind listening in on people.

Stories.
!) i work with a guy who has no life, he watches all of his neighbors, he drives around and looks for people parking their RV's on the street then turns them in to the police, if someone isn't taking care of their yard to his specs he goes over and lets them know about it, he's the same way at work, always into what others are doing or not, it can be a pain.

2) I was up camping and fishing in the Bishop area, I was catching my limit very easily, my neighbor camper overheard me telling a guy how I was catching my limit, he didn't hear very well and thought I had used corn balls which is illegal so he comes over and starts telling be I was breaking the law, I let him know he didn't hear correctly and it was none of his buisness anyway, the guy kept trying to listen in on me and the wifes conversations and then come over and try to tells us his thoughts, in the end I had to tell him to go back to his own camp site and stop worrying about everyone else.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:20 AM

24,499 posts, read 26,042,042 times
Minding my own business is not hard for me to do, unless it has a negative affect on me or my family.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:43 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,568,031 times
Hard for me if I think I can help. I'm an adult child of an alcoholic and a bi-polar parent. We try to fix things. We look for things to fix. Which is why we end up with spouses who need fixing (whom we can't actually fix BTW). I wonder what our kids turn out to be? What does growing up with a parent who fixes things do to/for you?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:53 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,380,063 times
I could care less what other people do. Since joining CD I have only had three women get too nosey, one took no for an answer, one I quit answering and one sent some pics I would have rather not seen so I took down my email and blocked her. A few people on here I have commented on something they wrote, a shared interest, familiar location or a wisecrack but their privacy I would never invade. This is just something to do for me between customers, some people have no lives and or are completely insane.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,007,915 times
I mind my own business, but work in a mall where everyone else gets involved in everybodys lives. It's very frustrating, because I have enough going on in my life right now and I don't really care or want to get involved in anyone elses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics