Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:36 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,456,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by absiesmom View Post
ILNC..is now IN..NC...hooray! Congratulations and take care..you'll inspire the rest of us who wish we could go (years ago we lived in Siler City--saw Aunt Bea's house) I worked in Greensboro while we were there which wasn't very long..but have "Carolina On My Mind" every so often..somebody tell me where Maggie Valley is?
Hi, FYI on Maggie Valley, it's about 30 miles to the west of Asheville. BEAUTIFUL place. It's a small town and we love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 AM

215 posts, read 312,938 times
We went to Asheville once while we lived in NC, over a fourth of July weekend and it was beautiful..our daughter was born nine months later..hehe..I even wanted to call her Carolina but noooo..... Anyway, we agreed on Megan; I hope to get back down there one of these days..I couldn't get over how friendly people were..people walking along the side of the road would wave to us as we drove by and we didn't even know them..
Thanks for the info on Maggie Valley..we got a bad case of the drearies again today in Maine and some sleet now..so we welcome the bright thoughts, ILNC! I've got to set up the woodstove and clean out the garage We're like those people who have all kinds of junk in the garage which should get tossed or put somewhere else.. I think there's even an unpacked suitcase..then get the car in..

Old 01-14-2007, 05:05 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,363,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Hi, FYI on Maggie Valley, it's about 30 miles to the west of Asheville. BEAUTIFUL place. It's a small town and we love it.
Good for you!!! Is there any snow left??? My daughter came down the mountain and said it was all gone Maybe you'll get lucky! Have a good time and take care of your hand.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:53 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,763,826 times
Welcome "home" ILNC!!
I hope you're having a wonderful time! Hope your hand feels better soon.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:20 PM

531 posts, read 2,014,559 times
Welcome ILNC! I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,176,625 times
ILNC, it sounds like you are having a great time, other then burning your hand.
It is always good to get away for a while, make sure you take plenty of pics, and keep having a great time for all of us!!!!!
We will try to hold the fort down while you are out having a great time, check in when you can, we finally got snow in Minnesota yesterday, so maybe it will head out your way.
I don't care to shovel it, or the cold that goes with it, I would rather visit where there was snow, and then when I had enough, LEAVE!!!! I want to move this summer to where it isn't hot and humid, and little or no snow, a place that we can afford, any ideas???? Sorry to get off track, have a great time, I will be checking in later to see how you are doing. Take care, and have some fun for me!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2007, 06:53 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,456,661 times
Hi everyone! We are having a great time! We photographed Mingo Falls today. The weather is cool, tomorrow we may have a little snow, I am hoping. This really funny, it was colder in Houston today that it was was here . It figures that when I left it would finally turn cold Well my hand is much better, still a little red but not stopping me from having a good time! I had Krispy Kream donuts tonight I LOVE them! Well I will update you later

Yorkie Mom how are you doing??

Old 01-15-2007, 10:54 PM

241 posts, read 1,000,206 times
ILNC...I had to have a giggle when I saw how much the temp dropped in Houston today. I know that you hate the heat there and it figures that it would get cold when you go on vacation. Actually sounds like something that would happen to me.

I hope that you are well and having a great trip!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:09 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,496,229 times
ILNC-Be sure to sample some of Appalachia's finest moonshine while you're in town!

Old 01-16-2007, 01:45 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,363,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
ILNC-Be sure to sample some of Appalachia's finest moonshine while you're in town!
Shhhh, she'll get in trouble asking like that ILNC - ask for some "home made peach brandy" -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics