Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday !!!
I think I went to be way to early last night
I was up at 4:24 am
Hmm lol I should of posted this then to see how other folks were awake

I enjoyed yesterdays posts so much I am going to "sorta" carry the theme another day with

Todays Question:

What is your favorite card game?

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite board game ?

Today in history:
July 26, 1775 1st Postmaster General: Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania takes office
July 26, 1908, U.S. Attorney General issued an order creating a force of special agents that was a forerunner of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Word of the Day :
diadem \DY-uh-dem\, noun:
1. A crown.
2. An ornamental headband worn (as by Eastern monarchs) as a badge of royalty.
3. Regal power; sovereignty; empire; -- considered as symbolized by the crown.

Today is :

National Coffee Milkshake Day
It is also
National All or Nothing Day
and
National Cowboy Day

Did you know:
July is the peak month for ice cream sales in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 05:50 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Poker

Trivial Pursuit

Old 07-26-2008, 06:04 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Karla, I was awake and if I thought you might have posted the question I would have signed on at 4:30 to post my answer first LOL. My natural internal clock wakes me up around 4:30 to 5:00 every day. And I love that time of the day.

I love Spider solitaire and free cell in the morning to wake up my mind, for card games with my wife or groups I like spades, hearts, and this year bridge.

I have not played a board game in years, not sure what I would name.

I think I need to get my cowboy hat and run by the local coffee shop to get a MILKSHAKE?? I think just a strong black cup of coffee will do for me. lol

Old 07-26-2008, 06:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
poker wow that brings back some great memories of poker games my friends and I use ot have back when I lived in NJ

cncracer
I alos like free cell but since I found jewel quest I have been hooked

I also love rummy 500
many times we would start a game and just keep the score going one summer we were well over 4000 points

my favorite board game of all times has to be Life

Old 07-26-2008, 06:35 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Favorite card game is pitch.

Favorite board game is candyland. It isn't necessarily the game, but its my nieces favorite game and its fun to play with her. Although I swear she cheats because she beats me 90% of the time.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:14 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
i dont know many card games. a fun one is *********r neighbor.
my favorite board game is monopoly--although i like LIFE also

Old 07-26-2008, 07:17 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
Card games...I used to love to play this game called "31" When I was a kid growing up, our whole family would get together and play. It was fun!
I also like rummy.

One of my favorite board games was Pay Day. I wish they would make that one again so I can give it to my kids and make them play with me,lol.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:38 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Todays Question:

Don't have one.

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite board game?
Life.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:41 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default I scream, you scream, we all scream, for ice cream!

Man, but have I been helping with making July the highest sales month for ice cream! Sheesh, but I gave in to the temptation when one of our grocery stores ran a special -- buy one, get two free. I will probably see my butt go from one size, to two larger.

Favorite card game? Probably spades. I've played for years, and love playing with my sister when she and I are partners opposite our spouses. The girls always win, by hook or crook, or by passing cards between our toes under the table.

My favorite serious card game is bridge, but I am not the serious, serious, serious bridge-playing type. I want to play a good game, but I also enjoy conversing across the table.

I don't think I've played a board game in a few years, but I really like Scrabble. I have a best friend who likes the game, too, and we have the most fun playing Scrabble marathon-style. Another fun game is Up Words, which is much like Scrabble, but you can build on top of the letters, too.

Risk is a lot of fun, as is Life, and of course, the ever-popular Monopoly (but it takes sooooo long sometimes to get through a game). And chess, especially with my husband -- he usually wins, and it's not because I let him. How I adore smart men.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times

Haven't played cards in years, but used to love to play Euchre.

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite board game ?

Has to be Risk, or Monopoly. Haven't played those in a long time either.

Least favorite game: Scrabble. I live and die by spell check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics