Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:26 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Hey all
Happy Saturday
Posting this really early because I have to be up by 5 and out of the house by 6:15 tomorrow morning to drive down to Ocala
I hope to be home by noon but I didn't want you all to have to wait till then
Tee hee I was tempted to say you can read this but can't post till after midnight but I didn't want to get sent to my room

So I figure you won't mind a early posting of

Todays Question:

Other than for work what was the last thing you got up really early for ?

Extra Credit: Do you go to bed earlier when you have the above mentioned planned ?

Bonus question:

Are you a "happy camper" at what I like to call "0-dark 30"

Today in history :
August 2, 1875 World 1st roller skating rink opens in London
August 2, 1909 1st Lincoln head pennies minted
August 2, 1938 1st test of a yellow baseball (Dodgers vs Cardinals) - guess we all know how well that went over

Word of the Day
:
machination \mack-uh-NAY-shuhn; mash-\, noun:
1. The act of plotting.
2. A crafty scheme; a cunning design or plot intended to accomplish some usually evil end.

Today is :
National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
and
National Mustard Day
it is also
National Dinosaurs Day

Last edited by FLPL75; 08-01-2008 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
July went too fast so every day in Aug will appear twice.
I have to leave early to work at the track so I'll answer tonight. They don't have ice cream sandwiches there but I will make sure everyone puts mustard on their track dogs.

Extra Credit: Do you go to bed earlier when you have the above mentioned planned ?

Bonus question:

Leaving early for the track is not new. During my crew, owner, driver days it was not unusual to get up in the middle of the night to leave for a race. After all day and half the night at the track we would rewind everything the next day. I am completely different at the track. I operate on adrenaline. No need for sleep. After I got home from a race I would sleep for 12-15 hrs.

Last edited by studedude; 08-01-2008 at 08:22 PM..

Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Todays Question:

Bonus question:

Do I really have to tell?

Actually I got up early on June 3rd of this year, around 4:30, so I can catch my flight to Honolulu.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,278 times
I get up early to go to the flea market every Saturday,
and no I am not a happy camper! I'm a night owl and I always go to bed late even if I
have to get up early.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
its usually if we are traveling and need to head out early.
when i was little and we would go down the shore for the day, my father would get us out of the house by 5:30 so we could get to the beach and find parking in time before they would close the lot...fun times--lol
last time we did this was a couple of months ago--traveling by car.
i am fine, because i love to travel, and i usually dont sleep much the night before because i want to make sure all the packing is ready and everything is clean before we go.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Hey all
Happy Saturday
I was tempted to say you can read this but can't post till after midnight but I didn't want to get sent to my room

So I figure you won't mind a early posting of

[b]Todays Question:

Today is :
National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
and
National Mustard Day
it is also
National Dinosaurs Day
The last thing other than work was to go motorcycle riding, up at 4:30am on the road bt 5:15am
I try to hit the bed early but it doesn't work, but then going to bed late is 10:00pm for me

I like all the national days today

Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Wow,,, I thought I missed a nights sleep when I found this thread! I was ready to go back to bed early!

Todays Question:

In years gone by with was for something very special, now a days it’s bladder control!

Depends I try to help the issue but there’s no hope.

Bonus question:

Last edited by AksarbeN; 08-01-2008 at 10:31 PM..

Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Usually only up really early for vacations. I try to go to bed earlier, but it usually doesn't work, I'm too geared up. I am happy the next day, because I'm on vacation! I'm usually up pretty early anyway because the dog and I have a routine, so a little eariler isn't a big deal.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
I got you this time Karla. You changed the title of the OP. That makes the first sentence of my answer sound like the ranting of a mad man. GO TO YOUR ROOM. It won't make me sound any less crazy but maybe you can find a calender hidden there.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:46 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
I get up early to go on vacation,when it's Florida I can't wait to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics