Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,267 times

Advertisements

It's only February, but I think I can safely say that this news story is going to go down as one of my favorites (since no one got hurt) of the year. Any story that involves a bunny boiling diaper-wearing jilted astronaut is aces in my book. I'm already thinking about who should play whom in the inevitable Lifetime movie:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070207/ap_on_re_us/astronaut_arrested;_ylt=Amy1tyDqgXmA1LC1b8ZQQMqs0N UE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ-- (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,126,326 times
It certainly is funny!

And it can be serialized!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:26 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,118,408 times
LOL, I've been following this all day. It's like a train wreck...eeek.

My SO is an Aeronautical Engineer and I married into a large "NASA" family....so this is like a big soap opera for us.

Most amazing: how in the world did she pass all the psych evaluation???

Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
Heck, when I drove from Las Vegas to Missouri in June of 05, it never occured to me to wear diapers and spare myself pee stops! I tried the bottle trick...but I hit a pothole at a critical moment on 40 in the Texas Panhandle and ended up rinsing the windshield from within....
Diapers would have been far more convenient and practical. Who'd a thunk it?

So many new technologies and reapplications of old technologies come thanks to NASA...

Watch for a run on Pampers tomorrow!

Pretty soon we'll be standing behind someone in the checkout line with a couple of packs of disposable diapers and we'll automatically ask:
"Oh, I see you're going on a long trip! Where to?"

Old 02-06-2007, 09:36 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,126,326 times
Now you have me thinking--should I add these to my list of things to take on my trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Heck, when I drove from Las Vegas to Missouri in June of 05, it never occured to me to wear diapers and spare myself pee stops! I tried the bottle trick...but I hit a pothole at a critical moment on 40 in the Texas Panhandle and ended up rinsing the windshield from within....

So many new technologies and reapplications of old technologies come thanks to NASA...

Pretty soon we'll be standing behind someone in the checkout line with a couple of packs of disposable diapers and we'll automatically ask:

Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,267 times
Quote:

LOL. Man, I should've been wearing Pampers when I read that. Now I've gotta go change....

Somewhere out there, there's an advertising team working on turning this into pure gold for a Pampers ad campaign.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,869 times
Wild story!! Glad no one got hurt except maybe her kids..

Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
LMAO!!!!! This story is a hoot. The whole diapers thing is just nuts. I mean did she not have to stop for gas either? Really run to the potty while the tank is filling up or did she take gas cans w/ her? I'm betting they change the physch exam after this one.

Adults wearing diapers. eewwww. Believe we heard this on the radio, some guy called in saying he and his buddies would wear diapers to the big games so they would not have to get up and go. After the game they would go in the bathroom and take them off and throw them away - guess no one was in there when they did. But seriously can you imagine sitting there rooting on your team and thinking, "I've gotta pee" and then just doing it? YUCK!!!!!!!!! So not normal.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:14 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
"That's one small step for man, one crazy a** broad that mankind will laugh at for the next few weeks."

Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 AM

613 posts, read 798,533 times
Quote:

ha ha ha...you are so funny, and I love your sense of humor!
Or we'll automatically ask "who you goin' to stalk today?" lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics