Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times

Advertisements

So I was wondering if anyone here knows about slander cases. My husband's exis being very childish and bashing him publicly on her website and myspace.
Calling him just about every name of a dead beat father you can come up with.
Which he is not and we do have documented proof of her complaint. (she complains that she is not getting any child support money.. when we are making payments on time and monthly.)

So anyone have any advice on how these cases work? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
Poprocksncoke, I feel for you and your husband. I wish I had the answers for you, but I can let you know it does not go away.
My husbands ex is the same way, she tried everything to ruin him, our marriage, putting their kids against me. I would say if anyone would ask me again if I would ever get involved in a life that had an EX and Kids, I WOULD RUN AS FAST AND AS FAR AS I COULD RUN TO.
I have had to deal with this crap for 23 years, and if anything it keeps getting worse. It don't make any difference that she got remarried, I guess she is not happy with her life and has to ruin everyone else because of it.
She has went as far as putting their kids against their half sister, all because of jealousy, so you think it is bad now, I am so upset with people who can't move on and get a life. She wanted the divorce, she was out messing around before they split, I didn't enter the picture until after the fact, told them both if they wanted to reconsider, I would back out.
I wish I knew what to do, and if you could get her so how, but for now all I can say is RUN. If you would like to talk more, you can pm me or e-mail me.
I am here for you if you need a friend, and to let you know I have been through it and still dealing with the crap!!!!!! Take care, Yorkie

Old 02-16-2007, 01:52 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Screenshot everything she says.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:45 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,055 times
And of course seek legal counsel.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM

77 posts, read 320,062 times
I'm not sure about exactly what could be done, but just as a point of clarification, I think it would be considered libel. Slander is the spoken word, libel is written.

I think if you can prove that the statements did some kind of damage to his career or personal life, you might have a case. You would also need to prove that they were untrue (which it sounds like you can).

I wish I could help more...I'm trying to remember my media law class!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics