Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,711,416 times

Advertisements

Be very careful of this guy... Just because you are lonely doesn't mean you have to fall for this guy's line of bull and please don't let him beat you down and send him $ or a a laptop because you feel sorry for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 AM

10 posts, read 14,571 times
hey everyone sorry have not been online for awhile, but wanted to update you all on what is going on with this situation.. first of all i did not send him the money for the laptop, but his friend that joined him and is on active duty with him now in iraq brought him a new laptop and he has been continuing to chat with me daily, with a few exceptions when the internet is down.

He is supposed to be getting out within 4 weeks and is coming to utah to meet up with me. We have continued to discuss having a relationship when he does return home.

I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on with the situation, while he was waiting for his new laptop it was harder for us to chat he was borrowing from the other soldiers he told me.

I have an issue because I dont trust anyone since being burned before in a relationship. I have reallly had a hard time because i have been unable to locate him thru the military.com site that was provided for me and thru people find, which people find did not surprise me because I typed in my name and it has nothing in there.

I just am hoping this person is for real and have been very careful as to what I say and what we discuss about anything regarding a relationship and he is aware that I do not trust, so he is willing to prove to me who he is when he returns to the states.

I just wanted to let you all know thank you so much for your help in this matter, and all of your input.

I hope it works out as a great story, I will keep you updated as to what happens...

thanks again

angelgrace40

Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 5,054 times
Hello, I would like to chat with you.. ladyinred.........I also know Darryl

Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM

We can chat on Yahoo Messenger or talk on the phone if you'd like...

Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Please, if you happen to talk to Darryl, don't mention anything about me. We have to talk first...

M........MerThoms@yahoo.com

Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
Davis Wallace is a very commonly used name in the Nigerian Scam Letters......back away...quickly////

Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,745,540 times
send him a bag of cockroaches

Old 08-19-2009, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,254 times
Sorry, but the moment I read you post my spidey senses started tingling!

Don't do it!!
How well do you really know this guy? I think you handled it perfectly. It's not your responsibility to furnish someone you don't really know that well and have never actually met in person, with a new laptop. If you have the funds and don't care about getting the money back for it then do it otherwise I would say NO! If this guy really likes you it shouldn't hinge on you buying him something! Just tell him you can't afford it. If it's really meant to be he'll suffer with using someone elses computer, regarldess of what his preference is.

Good luck !!

Sara

Last edited by thesarasmile; 08-19-2009 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-19-2009, 05:25 PM

I hope we can talk first before you meet with him... M

Old 11-11-2009, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,151 times
omg. have i been scammed? this could be me talking - except I was not as smart.. can you please contact me if you have a picture left? I have tried to google the name - looked on military.com, nothing. The story was the same just some of the names have changed. The guy I was talking to had a last name of Lingo. He said he was retiring in December 09 and that he was coming to Utah/Texas. damn. damn. damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics