Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times

Advertisements

We have to move this summer and I am so exhausted from comparing stats/crime/digging for the jobs/and so on.

It's been an on an off journey of about three years trying to move. My husband will get a few calls from recruiters or jobs then nothing much happens. Either they are wasting his time or hasn't the qualifications or they just can't be bothered to hire from out of state.

He is really trying, sends out a lot of resumes, makes contacts, and we do all the 'things you are supposed to do' when trying to relocate (I could write a book about it..)

Usually by spring I have had enough of 'research' and give up. Then we spend another summer trying to 'find a good place.'

This year we 'have to find a place' and do it. I am sort of excited because I like the idea of getting out of here (we live in very expensive Long Island, NY). But, it's hard to isolate one area especially when money is a concern. I can't jet over to Denver or Seattle whenever I feel like it...

I read some of the comments in the various forums and it's depressing, though. A wants to go to Florida, while B says Florida stinks and they hated their time there. C loves the Carolinas but D says it's filled with lots of displaced people and crime (just examples don't take offense.)

We just want to find a small house and live our lives as good citizens. It seems like we will never do it sometimes...sigh.

Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you had these 'hiccups' during your research/journey to find a new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 12:43 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
No place is perfect, you just have to make a list of whats most important to you and then visit the place a couple times that fits your needs before making a decision. I moved recently and after eliminating several states because they didn't fit my needs I ended up in a place I'm very happy with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics