Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,483,367 times

Advertisements

I downloaded an accelerator for my downloads called "Download Accelerator Plus", the other day. It's free, so I thought i'd give it a try. Well at first, it was very quick and I was happy with it. As the days have gone by I have noticed it getting slower and slower, to the point where now it takes longer than my actual download manager. It's time I uninstalled it.

By the way, i'm not stressed over this, I'm just giving the Download Accelerator Plus people the heads up that their product isn't fooling anybody.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:56 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,459,387 times
I have to say I've had enough, in all my commuting, with the rudeness of the ticket sales staff on the railway here. Because of them cancelling a train that broke down yesterday making me get to work an hour late, I had to come in an hour earlier today, and unbeknownst to me the price was higher. I didn't know this so I didn't have my railcard ready. When I saw the price I got my railcard out to get money off the ticket price. The ticket seller then proceeded to shout at me, "telling me off" if you will, with a disgusting attitude, thinking that I was stupid or something for not having my railcard out in the first place (except I didn't KNOW it would cost that much). I wouldn't mind betting that being a young person you automatically get treated like crap by such people (in fact, oh wait; I know you do). What a sickening and pathetic attitude, the typical attitude that is represented by the vast majority of staff at "Northern Rail", the worst train company in the UK and possibly the world.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:21 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,964,988 times
People who find it necessary or desire to ratchet up a disagreement about an issue of little or no value in an effort to make their point and feel good about themselves. If they fail to have social skills or possess proper etiquette and acceptable behavior they seem to want to push an issue all the more even though they lack the intellect or knowledge that would be required. This can easily be observed in situations of grade school “bullies” that have grown into adulthood and continue to think at fifth grade levels.

No I’m not one of your parents and it’s not my responsibility to pull you up to acceptable social standards. If your parents failed you it’s not my fault, you’ll need to observe, read a book and learn on your own now, even though you’re an adult. Adult bullies are worse then a child who simply doesn’t know better.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,753,573 times
Okay, here's mine for the day.....People who have one little thing not go their way, who then proceed to go around lashing at everyone else, picking fights, putting others down in order to ruin their day too! Okay, so ya didn't have a perfect day, get the heck over it and leave everyone else out of it! OMG! LOL

On the same note are the people who (at work), when told they could have done something a little differently, will get completely defensive and start pointing out every little fault of every other employee in the building. ARRRRGGGGHHH!! Good God....how about, "Thanks...I'll try it that way next time."......PERIOD!! LOL

Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,360,913 times
I despise deception and people who behave less than honorable, but they should. They are the one's u expect more out of and are very disappointed when u see that side...

Old 10-14-2010, 03:55 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,459,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
People who find it necessary or desire to ratchet up a disagreement about an issue of little or no value in an effort to make their point and feel good about themselves. If they fail to have social skills or possess proper etiquette and acceptable behavior they seem to want to push an issue all the more even though they lack the intellect or knowledge that would be required. This can easily be observed in situations of grade school “bullies” that have grown into adulthood and continue to think at fifth grade levels.

No I’m not one of your parents and it’s not my responsibility to pull you up to acceptable social standards. If your parents failed you it’s not my fault, you’ll need to observe, read a book and learn on your own now, even though you’re an adult. Adult bullies are worse then a child who simply doesn’t know better.
This is exactly what I hate too, no nothing changes (I got bullied a lot at school BTW) mostly these people just turn into the rude and ignorant judgemental types we see dominating the so called "adult" society. Personally the less I have anything to do with people (particularly ones like that), the better I feel!

The main thing I find though is whenever people talk about their life, or what they do, or when they are in any situation; they always talk as if they are right, what they think matters, and that it is more important than what anybody else thinks, or at least that everybody else is wrong in some way.

People never tell the truth about their imperfections (so they are lying, as we all have them) and when they moan about everybody else, society, their situation etc... and go on about how they are always the one trying to do the right thing, I feel physically sick. Why can people not just eat some bloody humble pie for once?

For everybody raving about themselves about how good they think they are (lying of course), there's probably another person who knows them who is moaning about them, but saying that they are the one who knows what they are doing/is doing the right thing etc... it's totally pathetic.

I like to see the honesty in a person that they can realise, admit and understand and be open about the fact that they are not perfect, and to stop hiding the reality of their inequities and shortcomings, just to make themselves feel better. WE CAN ALL DO THAT, because not one of us on this planet are perfect (including me).

I hate the attitude that "oh it's always somebody else's fault", oh "I'm always trying to do the right thing" or "oh I'm blah blah" shut your face you liar, I don't want to hear it!

Then there are the people who whine and moan about how selfish/greedy/introspective/insular/amoral/add your own society is becoming, yet in doing so, they are setting themselves apart from society, up on a pedestal, as if they are somehow BETTER than all of this. They must think that somebody, I don't know who the hell who, decided "oh here you go mate, you are now appointed judge and jury of everybody at large in society, because you are clearly better and wiser than everybody " I DON'T THINK.

But the thing is, these people who whine and moan about "society", are ALWAYS, part of the problem they are moaning about! Not only that, but they moan without being able to do anything about it! WONDER WHY ?

WONDER NO MORE.

It's because they don't know how, don't want to know how, because they really don't care enough to be bothered. But they care about their petty little inconveniences with people and situations, enough to whine and moan about people, yet not a single thought that crosses their mind is even constructive or useful enough to effect positive change in society!

IF YOU ARE NOT PLANNING ON IMPROVING SOCIETY, THEN DON'T BLOODY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, BECAUSE YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

My Dad is a prime example of this ignorance. He is a total cynic who ALWAYS finds a way to "penalise" and stereotype groups of people in society. Moaning about how selfish/short sighted etc... it is. BUT, he is a bloody convicted pedofile who had no consderation for people he was abusing, wrecked lives, went to jail, oh, WHO PAID FOR THAT? THE GOVERNMENT. PEOPLE'S TAXES. Yes, is that looking good for the economy?

Then he comes out of jail, with his criminal record etc,.. what is he doing? Moaning and whining about SOCIETY, as if he has no part to play in any of society's troubles. WHAT? STUNNING HYPOCRISY.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,303,182 times
Aaarrrggggh!!!! I have a dear friend who can talk anybody into anything. So, when I mentioned to her that my wireless phone carrier charged us a ridiculous amt. for going over our minutes this past month, she told me just to call them, explain that we had family issues (which was true and the reason we went over the minutes) and they would credit us the difference. At first, they couldn't do anything for us since we'd never gone over our allotment before. Uh...that doesn't make sense to me. Just the month before, we'd only used about 1/3 of our allotted minutes. Why couldn't they roll it over for us this one time? Oh, no, they don't do that. Well, let's see - you've been with us a little over a year, so tell ya what? We'll give you a $5 credit. Nope. Not good enough. May I please speak with a supervisor? (((holding for a long time))) Hi, I'm the supervisor. Let me see what I can do for you. Oh, you've never missed a payment and you're right - this is the first time you've ever gone over. I guess that means we're good customers, right? Not good enough I guess. They only gave us credit for 1/2 the charge. I'm mad enough to spit.

It's ok. I'll get over it. Tomorrow.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,237,725 times
Trolls! The internet specific variety.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:27 PM

I got my AVG update notification, but it turns out it couldn't install correctly cause of my download accelerator. So I went in and deleted the files from the download folder, turned off my download accelerator, and proceeded to download again, several times, all to no avail. Sigh. I should be exercising anyway...

Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 PM

I feel like howling, like on Luxor. I need to go exercise! Ahuuuuu!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics