Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,670,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ Yeah,,, you are so right. The wealthy owning all the stock in these companies or running them simply don’t want to pay a “living wage” and thus without that the workers can’t afford to buy the things that are assumed to be needed and make our lives better. When a non-living wage is paid, the employee can’t buy healthcare, car, home, pay for higher education, take a vacation, etc. However society ends up having to suffer because of these types of businesses, society then needs to provide and make up the difference between low paying jobs and what it needed to have a living wage, society then needs to provide subsidies for food, housing, education and insurance. So EVERYONE else makes up for the low paying non-living wages that are controlled by the wealthy stockholders running the corporations and businesses. Corporate thieves run our businesses!

Plus decent homeowners are paying the price for Wall Street greed because new buyers cannot get financing...I have a beautiful 3000 s.f. home for sale BELOW market value in well established neighborhood.

Mint and clean, finished basement. Open House today and only ONE buyer showed...

Wall Street sux. Everyone who isnt a multi millionaire is screwed in this economy.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM

4,721 posts, read 3,298,238 times
I'm so sad today .........my beloved aunt passed away this morning. She was my Dad's twin sister and my favorite aunt.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,090,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I'm so sad today .........my beloved aunt passed away this morning. She was my Dad's twin sister and my favorite aunt.
Sorry to hear about your loss *hugs*

I lost my closest aunt when I was 22 years old and it was a rough time for our family.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 PM

3,970 posts, read 8,545,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Plus decent homeowners are paying the price for Wall Street greed because new buyers cannot get financing...I have a beautiful 3000 s.f. home for sale BELOW market value in well established neighborhood.

Mint and clean, finished basement. Open House today and only ONE buyer showed...

Wall Street sux. Everyone who isnt a multi millionaire is screwed in this economy.
Well, that was one more than we had show up at our open house today. (but then we've only had our house on the market since September of 2009)

Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,003,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Well, that was one more than we had show up at our open house today. (but then we've only had our house on the market since September of 2009)
Welcome to the world of the 99%er.

On the bright side, at least you're still in a HOME. Not that it helps but just to look at the alternative.

It's a problem with all corporate America, Bankers & Wall street GREED!

Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,003,992 times
The news touched on the price of gas going up and even going HIGHER.

Seems that when Americas went out and bought new cars that got better gas millage and would use less fuel, the oil industry figured it’s time to up the price at the pumps again. They’re looking at over $4 a gallon soon and moving towards $5.

Our nations need for oil related fuel has gone down. The refineries are said to be exporting the gas to foreign markets now because fewer Americans are buying at the pump. Wasn’t I told years ago that “free enterprise” and capitalism the price would be adjusted to “supply and demand”?

Simply another PUSH by the OIL INDUSTRY to get a pipeline from Canada to the Gulf to tap into the oil reserves there and get it to the refineries in the south, this is an election year and they think it puts pressure on our representatives to get the pipeline.

Alternative fuel continues to look much better every day!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,670,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
since 09? what general area? The market is bad everyplace i guess, I am just so sick of media spin that we are in an economic recovery, we clearly aren't.

many couples cannot get financing. I thank god I'm not a realtor.....not a fun job in a soft market....

Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,273,724 times
My stress of the day is a cat with a nose bleed and a vet visit this morning that found nothing with exam, x-rays and bloodwork for $490. The only thing he could think of was inflammation and sent me home with clavamox. Kitty is still recovering from sedation and I'm still worrying. I posted on the cat forum to see if anyone else has had this experience with a pet.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,273,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The news touched on the price of gas going up and even going HIGHER.

Seems that when Americas went out and bought new cars that got better gas millage and would use less fuel, the oil industry figured it’s time to up the price at the pumps again. They’re looking at over $4 a gallon soon and moving towards $5.

Our nations need for oil related fuel has gone down. The refineries are said to be exporting the gas to foreign markets now because fewer Americans are buying at the pump. Wasn’t I told years ago that “free enterprise” and capitalism the price would be adjusted to “supply and demand”?

Simply another PUSH by the OIL INDUSTRY to get a pipeline from Canada to the Gulf to tap into the oil reserves there and get it to the refineries in the south, this is an election year and they think it puts pressure on our representatives to get the pipeline.

Alternative fuel continues to look much better every day!
I'm headachy at the moment and not in the mood for browsing but isn't it easy to create fuel from corn? If we started we could be in cars running on corn fuel without waiting decade after decade worrying about oil. Gives me another headache.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,872,803 times
Can't stand people or family - that you have not seen for years - that have this image and notion of you that is exactly like when they left off...Like a person that has not seen you in twenty years who assumes people do not change..and they insist on treating you like the person you were and not are...Time changes all - some it makes worse - some it makes better - In my case I believe that time has improved me...so it really irks me when someone attempts to persecute a person that no longer exists...such as the old me - the old me is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics