Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 10:24 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Here is an article about how America might not be as prospers as we think we're gonna be.

I was wondering what the forum thought.

4 problems that could sink America - Extra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Thgat article does make sense and I can see its point of view. A lot of people simply are flipping lazy and dont wanna work. Heck, in some countries, you dont work=you dont eat!
Just the other night some family came into my store with freakin 7 kids....no one spoke english. The oldest must have been maybe 10 and she was holding the young infant feeding it with a bottle walking around, while mom and dad tried tending to the other kids, who were tearing up my dept. Freakin 7 kids??? Dont some people know how to put the brakes on after about 2, maybe 3, in these tough times??
Anyway, I found that article pretty true.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 AM

320 posts, read 1,070,264 times
A lot of food for thought in that article. I like the first paragraph under the section on how we don't want to sacrifice.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
In a lot of ways the article rings true, but on the flip side, it feels like a lot of people are working harder and not getting ahead as much as you'd think.

I see both sides I guess. I've been in the same industry for a long time and I see a sort of entitlement mentality with a lot of the younger new hires. Some of them are just downright lazy.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
Scary article, Chow. I really didn't want to read it, but forced myself to see in print how I've felt for a long time.

At no time in my life have I been more glad for my age than now.

Thanks for the share.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see both sides I guess. I've been in the same industry for a long time and I see a sort of entitlement mentality with a lot of the younger new hires. Some of them are just downright lazy.
I know this to be absolutely true!

I work with some young people who come in as late as they possibly can, take as many breaks as possible and then are completely put out if they have to do anything more than the bare minimum.

Now, I have a couple of kids in this age group, so I guess it is our generations fault for raising them with this slackard attitude they seem to have. Sometimes I think what we didn't instill in them....perhaps the economy will have to or they will be utterly useless.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaf View Post
A lot of food for thought in that article. I like the first paragraph under the section on how we don't want to sacrifice.
Tell me about it. My stepdaughter just told me about a couple she knows who are in their 50's. Their house is going into foreclosure and they are moving back home with one of their parents. They are both on disability but my stepdaughter has no idea why since they can both physically do anything. Anyway they told her they were losing their house and then proceeded to ask her if she and her husband wanted to go out to dinner.

What is wrong with people? We seem to be in the "everything now" society. I remember having to work hard to get things for your future. Now people just think they deserve everything now.

We will pay a huge price in the future for our greed and egotistical mentality. Someday we will fall because of our stupidity and laziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics