Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 04:13 PM

23,330 posts, read 29,208,245 times

Advertisements

I've even thought of having my ashes just thrown into the nearest trash can.

And then one last journey to a landfill where I won't be alone.

Over the years, any number of murder victims deposited there (in some cases piece by piece in garbage bags) whom I could share the soil with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 PM

27,417 posts, read 27,460,419 times
A friend of mine whose husband recently passed on, was totally into racing, fixing up old project cars and car shows. The funeral was small, private and funded from donations, but his buddies that he raced/helped with putting together show cars, all got together and plastered his box with all the racing stickers they could get their hands on, and gave him a checkered flag before the box got closed. Guess you might call him a die-hard car buff, but thats what he loved doing when he wasnt working. They wanted to try to make a coffin in the shape of a car for him, but donations barely came up with enough for necessities.
Personally Im not sure though, Id want a body on my lot or in my house, just 'because'.
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody ever done a Do-It-Yourself Funeral?-bris-funeral.jpg  

Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,154,561 times
Creamation and a party for me, please!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,571,765 times
For me; harvest every usable organ then put the remains on he fire to keep the homeless warm... I really don't want my relatives to waste a lot of money on a funeral.

My father was a retired U.S. Navy Commander. When he died, my stepmother barely acknowledged his service to our nation. (it was before he met her, but that's certainly no excuse...) My dad's friends were willing to do all the leg work but my stepmother brushed them all off. I was already so fed up with her that I didn't want to make things there in FL any worse, so I just stayed out of it. I know my dad would've been disappointed, to say the least. The moral of the story: set things up BEFORE you pass on. (My loving wife was part of my career and would be proud to organize the appropraiate honors (and our friends would help out!)

Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 PM

841 posts, read 3,475,237 times
Default There is a lot of info on this thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...t-growing.html

Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,529,529 times
I've been a "do-it-yourselfer" all my life. Home remodeling, plumbing, electrical, construction, furniture making, gardening, canning and freezing, auto repair, all things I have done over the years. I am thinking that when it comes time to do my funeral, I'm not going to have enough energy left to pull it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics